Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What grips are you using and why?

TSauer

I'm about to regrip my driver from an NDMC midsize to an MCC Plus4 midsize that I had sitting around, to match the rest of my clubs. But of course, this got me looking at all the grip choices out there, as I almost went with a bright orange Lamkin to match my F7+.

This led me to be curious as to what everyone else plays and why exactly do you play those grips?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golf Pride Tour Velvet

It's just been the one I've always used. When the Tour Velvets come out for Cobra Connect, I'll be switching to that on my F7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to regrip my driver from an NDMC midsize to an MCC Plus4 midsize that I had sitting around, to match the rest of my clubs. But of course, this got me looking at all the grip choices out there, as I almost went with a bright orange Lamkin to match my F7+.

This led me to be curious as to what everyone else plays and why exactly do you play those grips?

Golf Pride CP2 pro midsize. Soft, but not mushy, not tapered as much so no build up tape under right hand and they wear very well.

Driver: Taylormade QI10

3W: Taylormade QI10

5W: Taylormade QI10

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Irons: 5 to LW Taylormade Stealth

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Taylormade TP 

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag

Just switched to Golfpride MCC +4 Align with 5 wraps of tape. I switched to these after playing the same set of Pure Pro for almost 4 years (Pure grips stay tacky forever)

I switched because I wanted something different after 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back in the day it was always GP Crown Cords but cord grips have gotten so expensive in the last few years. I can not justify $9 or $10 for one grip. I either play the GP Tour Wraps or the Tacki Mac Wraps. I salvage a lot of grips off of clubs that come to the yard and some that I buy at the thrifts for $1.99. Tour Wraps are easy to pull on and off too using air. I have gotten good service out of Tour Wraps too. As much as I experiment around and mess with vintage stuff I switch around a lot. I have some TWs that are 3 years old and have been pulled on and off of different clubs many times. They clean up easy and stay tacky. Living in the humid South I have never had a slipping problem and I use a glove too. Seriously if I went back to playing serious comp and stuck with one set of clubs I would go bite the bullet and go with the Lamkin Crossline Cords. The Tacki Mac wraps I got on a bulk buy deal a few years back with a friend of mine who had a shop. We bought a mixed deal of them and the Tacki Mac Tour Pro wraps. I think we bought 500 of them for .50 each something like that.

On the putter I have went to the Super Stroke Mid 2.0 with the flat part turned out to the left. I have went to a modified claw grip and it helps me square the putter face. I used to use the old Royal Grip Cord putter grip or a Pingman cord

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just switched to Golfpride MCC +4 Align with 5 wraps of tape. I switched to these after playing the same set of Pure Pro for almost 4 years (Pure grips stay tacky forever)

I switched because I wanted something different after 4 years

That's an enormous grip. You must have some massive hands.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2017 I started playing the Super Stroke blue with yellow letters.

Nice feeling grip.

Had been playing the Winn Dri-Tec 2015/16

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I'm using the Iomic X-Evolution.  These grips start out as tacky as anything I've ever used.  Now over two years old, they're still just as tacky.  In the rain, with rain gloves, I never have a problem.  The do show a little wear, but these are the best grips I've ever played.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Nice feeling grip.

Just put the Super Stroke grips on and so far so good. My time with the plus 4s did not last long at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I put some midsize align (not plus 4) MCCs on my long clubs. Really loving the consistent grip they promote.

Pure Pro's, but I'm going to change them to DTX's. I wanted to do my own grips and didn't want to muck around with solvent etc, so I got the Pure's for ease of regripping.

I put the DTX on my driver and both fairways and like them more over the Pro's, so I'm going to go that route.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Switched to MCC 4 midsize this year. Been with Tour Velvet for a long time but I wanted a more durable grip as I have a membership and played a lot more golf this season.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I currently have Lamkin REL ACE on my irons in red and they have been great grips. My only disappointment with them has been the butt of the grip being white. It starts looking dingy quickly resting on the bottom of the bag... if the butt of the grip was black, I wouldn't buy anything else....

On my wedges I'm using the red SuperStroke S-Tech. It's another solid grip. It's not as tacky as the Lamkin, but still has a decent amount of tack and a softer feeling. Will likely move to the SuperStroke grips on my irons at my next regrip.

For the woods, I'm still on the stock taylormade grips, but will probably throw the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360. I've used this grip for all my previous woods. It's great for an adjustable driver because there's no logo to get in the way of adjustments. I will tinker with my loft from time to time, so it's nice not having to worry about an off center logo if I change loft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Nice feeling grip.

Love the looks of the S-Tech grips, I just wish they made them in midsize.

I switched to the new Golf Pride MCC +4 Align on all my clubs. Best move I ever made. Living in hot and humid Florida my hands sweat profusely. These don't turn in my hands and as a result I haven't had any blisters.

Pure Pro's, but I'm going to change them to DTX's. I wanted to do my own grips and didn't want to muck around with solvent etc, so I got the Pure's for ease of regripping.

I put the DTX on my driver and both fairways and like them more over the Pure's, so I'm going to go that route.

You can change any grip using the "pure grips" method involving air. I purchased their air tool, and use it for all my grips.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I currently have Lamkin REL ACE on my irons in red and they have been great grips. My only disappointment with them has been the butt of the grip being white. It starts looking dingy quickly resting on the bottom of the bag... if the butt of the grip was black, I wouldn't buy anything else....

On my wedges I'm using the red SuperStroke S-Tech. It's another solid grip. It's not as tacky as the Lamkin, but still has a decent amount of tack and a softer feeling. Will likely move to the SuperStroke grips on my irons at my next regrip.

... I have never used a glove and the Lamkin REL ACE grips have the perfect combination of firm feel and tackiness. As long as  I wipe them with a wet towel several times a round they stray very tacky. Like the back of my irons or the bottom of my woods, I really don't care what the white butt cap looks like because I can't see it at address. I have Black ones on my driver and gray on my irons that goes well with my Recoil shafts. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I will add to the Golf Pride MCC Align +2 wraps. They are stellar grips and give you confidence that the club is squared in your hands correctly

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I will add to the Golf Pride MCC Align +2 wraps. They are stellar grips and give you confidence that the club is squared in your hands correctly

... It is always interesting too see things come back around. When I started playing it seemed every grip had a reminder and it was one of the reasons I played Tour Velvet round's because I had a pretty strong grip and a reminder was difficult to get perfect on every club. So I couldn't play a reminder as my hands have 35 years of experience with a round grip. Interesting to see the MCC Align's promoted as something new:

ALIGN Technology now available in this hybrid grip is the first with a raised ridge, assisting hand alignment to square the clubface and improve your swing consistency.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Lamkin Ace Crosslines Standard with 4 wraps. Thought about going to the Z5 Mid, but can't get away from the Crossline. May go back to the Victory since they are on closeout, but they don't come in mid and I want to do my next set myself. Also impressed with the DTX mids among others. Just gonna make a choice and stick.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

... It is always interesting too see things come back around. When I started playing it seemed every grip had a reminder and it was one of the reasons I played Tour Velvet round's because I had a pretty strong grip and a reminder was difficult to get perfect on every club. So I couldn't play a reminder as my hands have 35 years of experience with a round grip. Interesting to see the MCC Align's promoted as something new:

ALIGN Technology now available in this hybrid grip is the first with a raised ridge, assisting hand alignment to square the clubface and improve your swing consistency.

It's for this reason I like the align grips. I fight an overly strong grip and they help me keep the club face open/neutral.

I'm using the Iomic X-Evolution.  These grips start out as tacky as anything I've ever used.  Now over two years old, they're still just as tacky.  In the rain, with rain gloves, I never have a problem.  The do show a little wear, but these are the best grips I've ever played.

After being able to use them all i too have arrived at the Iomic. 2.3 Sticky with several wraps so as to make them standard plus and a non taper grip is what I have now. Interested in the X for sure. The small butt end of the Sticky is something I really like now. Those and the Star, Tour Star Non Taper, for my woods and driver are the 2 best grips I have ever found for non desert weather. If I return to play in the desert Big Stu nailed it with the Lamkin Crossline Cords.

I look for a firmer grip. I don't like the grip to be mushy, i.e. Winn grips, pure pro. I don't like either of those, I've been using the Lamkin UTx lime green, but I can't really get those without paying too much. I'm not sure what I will switch to the next time I change.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I had my driver regripped with Plus 4. I love the grip and it feels very secure in wet/humid weather.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That's an enormous grip. You must have some massive hands.

I've played grips that were too small and suffered but never played a grip that was too big. My pure pro grips have 9 layers of tape under the bottom hand and 5 top. I always feel bigger is better.

5 years ago I won the MGS "member of the month" which included a set of personalized PURE Grips.  60+ rounds per year here in Texas and they are STILL like new.

That's 300+ rounds for you mathematically challenged golfers.  Still. Like. New.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived