Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Hole in One!

200 yard slightly uphill par 3. Used my 17* hybrid. One hop and in the hole. 

That's #2 (first was 41 years ago!)

AWESOME! hats off to you and here's to many more!~ Congrats!

• Like 1

Hole 4 or 5, overshot the green. Tight lie, downhill all the way with six feet of rough. Took out the 56 and made a very shallow sweeping chip. Landed on the fringe and rolled right into the heart of the cup. Wouldn't know I hadn't touched my clubs in 9 months

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Hole in One!

200 yard slightly uphill par 3. Used my 17* hybrid. One hop and in the hole.

That's #2 (first was 41 years ago!)

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I played Friday and broke 80 for the second time so I could probably pick almost any shot from round, but I'm going to say that my shot of the day was my approach on 8.

I was in the middle of the fairway just a little over 90 yards out with a slight breeze behind me. Pin was tucked back left on a green that slopes away quite severely if you go long. I pulled my 56* Vokey and fired right at the flag landing with a quick check and stopping inside of 5'.

Everything about that shot just felt pure. I struck the ball nicely and the wedge glided just glided through the turf. It was literally what I would want every iron and wedge shot to feel like.

Sadly, I burned the edge with my birdie putt and had to settle for par :(

• Like 3

I played Friday and broke 80 for the second time so I could probably pick almost any shot from round, but I'm going to say that my shot of the day was my approach on 8.

I was in the middle of the fairway just a little over 90 yards out with a slight breeze behind me. Pin was tucked back left on a green that slopes away quite severely if you go long. I pulled my 56* Vokey and fired right at the flag landing with a quick check and stopping inside of 5'.

Everything about that shot just felt pure. I struck the ball nicely and the wedge glided just glided through the turf. It was literally what I would want every iron and wedge shot to feel like.

Very nice! Now that you have the feel of that shot you'll start getting more of them each round
  • Like 1

I went to Vegas for a biennial family reunion. So of course we took dad golfing on Father's Day. Shots of the day:

#1 - On a long par 3, I pulled my shot left into the rocks. These are the kind of rock gardens you might see in your neighbor's front yard. I hit a SW from a downhill rocky lie from 30yards, and onto the green to about 20 feet. Missed the putt, but I was really happy with pulling off the shot.

#2 - The last hole is a 530 yard par 5 (Revere, Concord if anyone's played it). I hit driver to about 280, where it rolled down an extremely steep fairway towards the green. It finally stopped about 60 yards from the green. I ended the day with a 470 yard drive!

• Like 5

"Best shot of the day"? Had many yesterday followed by mostly disappointing approach shots while playing a 3-on-1 scramble...

Driver? Mostly good, but with a couple of wayward f-ups.  (it really does shoot "freakin' laser beams out of its freaking head...) :P 

My new 58* PING Glide 2.0 Stealth wedge? Absolute magic! (well, there was those two "others", but this thread is about the "best" ones, so...) :o 

1. Hole #6, par-4 with second shot from around 75-yds. Struck it pure, high and straight. Hit about 8-ft from the pin left, rolled up a bit and came back to a birdie putt from 5-ft. We made that one! :lol: 
  2. Approach shot laying on the front apron about 15-yds away from the cup. Uphill, but straight for bird. Playing partners opted to putt. One got to 6-ft, other beyond 10-ft. I chip and it hit the back of the hole after two small hops...Damn, if the pin was in, it maybe coulda made it...Pared. <_ style="font-size:14px;"> 
  3. Had another chip from just on the fringe that I opted to hit that way before my team tried to putt it on. Gently stroke it and it hit just on and trickled down going left-to-right toward the cup and actually hit our competitor's ball and moved to within 4-ft while displacing his ball from around 5-ft to more like 9-ft. (BTW, I need a ruling on that...) :wacko: 

It was a funny day where my 2 best clubs seemed to do the most positive damage. I had to send the fairway woods into the penalty box early on and ignored them (and my hybrid) in lieu of my irons which seemed to work better that day... What a stupid game we play..!!! :angry: 

• Like 2

Just got her today, par 5 , 525 yds first shot off the tee 268 yes according to the app. I'm sitting about 260 out I use the hybrid launch it 219 us sitting on the fringe pull out the AW beautiful chip lands about 15 from the hole smooth putt got the line got the distance dropped in the hole birdie , first on the course this season

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Congrats on breaking 80!

• Like 1

Par 3 6th 150 yds into a strong breeze. Back left pin placement. Choked down 7-iron and wanted to hit low draw. Nutted it and flew through the air with perfect height and draw. Hit pin high 3 feet from cup but rolled to back fringe. Made par. The result was not amazing but hitting a shot exactly how you imagined it is a great feeling. As frustrating as this game can be, that one perfect shot keeps me coming back wanting to do it again. 

• Like 3

Par 3 6th 150 yds into a strong breeze. Back left pin placement. Choked down 7-iron and wanted to hit low draw. Nutted it and flew through the air with perfect height and draw. Hit pin high 3 feet from cup but rolled to back fringe. Made par. The result was not amazing but hitting a shot exactly how you imagined it is a great feeling. As frustrating as this game can be, that one perfect shot keeps me coming back wanting to do it again.

Yup

• Like 1

Men's league today: Birdie on a par 4 and I got 1 stroke. Thought I'd be in the running for skins - nope. 

• Like 2

Following our men's league round (which I lost my part of, playing pretty poorly), my partner insisted we enter the two-man best ball competition for the back nine.

Unlike me, my teammate is actually good at golf. My hope was that we'd use three of my holes, and I'm counting ties as my holes :-) We tied the first two (bogey/par), so I was feeling OK.

And then I entirely lost the ability to play golf. Repeated shanks. Popping up drives. Two holes in which I just pocketed my ball. I couldn't have been more worthless as a teammate.

We get to 17, a very short downhill 275-yard par 4. I top/pull my drive off the inside of the hosel, about 40 yards into the rough under a tree. Attempt to hit a low hook under the tree, topped it again, back into the fairway.

Now looking at about 140 to the hole. Pulled my 8, took a good practice swing, and hit the shot. Immediately I knew it was good contact on the right line.

One hop, into the hole. Got to see the whole thing.

It's the longest hole-out I've ever had, and a birdie on the scorecard on a day I wasn't contributing anything.

My partner was down by the green (where his drive was) and watched it go in.

What a crazy, nutty game.

• Like 5

League night tonight. Par 4, 365 yards. I smoked my drive straight down the fairway, 274 yards. Best drive of my life.

Managed to find a bogey with the next four shots, but hey, that's the shot that will bring me back next time.

• Like 3

Following our men's league round (which I lost my part of, playing pretty poorly), my partner insisted we enter the two-man best ball competition for the back nine.

Unlike me, my teammate is actually good at golf. My hope was that we'd use three of my holes, and I'm counting ties as my holes :-) We tied the first two (bogey/par), so I was feeling OK.

And then I entirely lost the ability to play golf. Repeated shanks. Popping up drives. Two holes in which I just pocketed my ball. I couldn't have been more worthless as a teammate.

We get to 17, a very short downhill 275-yard par 4. I top/pull my drive off the inside of the hosel, about 40 yards into the rough under a tree. Attempt to hit a low hook under the tree, topped it again, back into the fairway.

Now looking at about 140 to the hole. Pulled my 8, took a good practice swing, and hit the shot. Immediately I knew it was good contact on the right line.

One hop, into the hole. Got to see the whole thing.

It's the longest hole-out I've ever had, and a birdie on the scorecard on a day I wasn't contributing anything.

My partner was down by the green (where his drive was) and watched it go in.

What a crazy, nutty game.

Crazy, nutty game indeed. Well done!

• Like 1

Had a great round today may best shot was probably a 112 yd, uphill, short flag into the wind, so I hit a PW right at the pin and it landed about a foot past the hole, and then backed up to 6”.

No, I didn't miss that one...haha

• Like 3

Didn't want to take my phone up with me to the green, but this picture is from 184 and the best 5i I hit all day. Foot away from my first ace. This course was in such garbage shape. Not worth the $67

IMG_20180623_085011.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6