Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maltby PTM

Popeye64

Dont you need specific tools to do that? I would love to get into building myself but I figure there is a high initial cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

All will depend on how in depth you are about swim weights and the like. If you are very sensitive to those things you will need more equipment. I would have Golfworks build you a club to try out for fairly cheap. It's so tough to buy a set of irons site unseen and unhit.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the 2007 looks pretty similar. I am looking at the Maltbys but it would be nice if there was a fitter here that specialized in those. attachicon.gifSmartSelect_20180513-121336_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So I realize that I might be a bit late to this party but do you happen to have a PGATSS or Golf Galaxy close by? You may be able to do your own "mock" fitting session. Before I bought my DBM's (best club I've ever played), I spent a few hitting sessions at PGATSS running through the different shaft and loft options. They were super cool with me running my own show. I picked a club that spec'd pretty closely to the DBM's as far as lofts and lie angles (think I used the Cobra King Forged CB and the Mizuno MP-18 SC's). Ultimately I narrowed it down to lighter over heavier shaft, Mid over high trajectory. Decided on the Nippon N.S. Pro 950's (95g) cut +.25 over standard. As long as you can figure out what lie angle works for you on the demo club (usually 6 or 7 iron), you can have the Maltby's bent and cut to your specs for no additional charge. 

I got the full set 4-GW + 3h (KE4 Tour), cut, bent, built, and shipped for around $450.

To add to that, Golfworks runs free shipping promos about once a month so make sure you jump on that. That saved another $20

Oh.. and don't quote me but I do believe that if you decided to have a single club built to try out and you decide to purchase the rest of the pack, they'll deduct the cost of the single club from the pack and just send everything but that club. You also aren't obligated to use the shafts or grips from the packs either. You can mix and match from their inventory. If the shafts you want are more expensive, they'll just add the extra cost. In my case, the shafts I went with were the same price as the ones in the pack so there was no extra cost. If the shafts you like are less, they won't deduct the difference. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I had this club at the 'range' all week and dedicating a lot of time to it. I have to say that for a strongly loft 6 iron I am amazed at the ball flight. It gets up early and then just flattens out and cruises. Really enjoying the time with this club.

Shaft is the 950 Gh S. 20180623_151553.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Did you order it in camouflage?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived