Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
MEET YOUR NEW MODERATORS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tonyj5

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and More

This week the LPGA moves to Thailand for the playing of the Honda LPGA Thailand. Last season brought us close finishes in almost every tournament.....but this was not one of them. Amy Yang's twenty-two under par total of 266 was a new tournament record, and blew away the rest of the field. So Yeon Ryu finished 2nd, five strokes back. 

Here is my preview and lots more: 

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/

This is right on my doorstep and couldn't be a worse weekend to hold it. England play Scotland in the six nations rugby tournament which starts at 2345 Saturday night. Trying to get up and drive down the road on Sunday for the final day will be a struggle to say the least.

Considering how popular golf is in this part of the world the crowds have not been that big in the last few years. If memory serves me it was around 300 baht entrance fee or $10.

Tony - thanks for the update as usual - note to moderators it would be nice if we had a separate forum for LPGA. 

• Like 1

I watched Lydia Ko in round 1 and she looks lost out there with her swing changes. Even when she hit good shots she looked disgusted. It seems like she has no idea where the ball is going to go at this point.

I watched Lydia Ko in round 1 and she looks lost out there with her swing changes. Even when she hit good shots she looked disgusted. It seems like she has no idea where the ball is going to go at this point.

She has lost her mojo. I know she has a new coach but, I think she'd be better off with a sports psychologist. 

Jessica is on fire! It'd be neat if Nelly came up to the top of the leader board as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

J Korda B). What a fantastic recovery by someone who had major surgery in December (nose and jaw broken + 24 screws implanted)! Lexi might not have been a tie for second if she didn't incur that 2 stroke penalty. 

• Like 1

It's really coolthat I'm not even ashamed to boast about my luck to visit this season Honda LPGA Thailand. Also good to know that's the ball can provide decent performance golferexpert.com . Once you will also found your own special ball for golf around the world, but only slightly.

It would be fun to see Nelly win in Singapore and the Korda sisters both come back with wins. BTW what's wrong with Lexi - she's even coming into the 3rd round (tied for 41).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy