Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I assume it will also depend on driver model. If one is a stock 46.5 he may be inclined to shorten it my .5 or 1 ". If it's a stock 45.5 probably not.

Just guessing. But that's the awesome thing about Ian. We have no clue what he may come up with for just about anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think all the driver shafts on the wall are 45" – based on the conversations we've had there's pretty much no-one he fits into a shaft longer than that.

Yep. I assume it will also depend on driver model. If one is a stock 46.5 he may be inclined to shorten it my .5 or 1 ". If it's a stock 45.5 probably not.

Just guessing. But that's the awesome thing about Ian. We have no clue what he may come up with for just about anyone.

No doubt he's going to get it dialed in at the right length.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think all the driver shafts on the wall are 45" – based on the conversations we've had there's pretty much no-one he fits into a shaft longer than that.

My excitement level just went up a notch if that was even possible.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Rob when are you going up there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Since today was a washout at the Kingsmill Championship I was able to catch up on the videos.  While I enjoyed the shaft and PXG video,  I found the grip sizing video extremely informative.  I know you are planning on doing some putter fitter videos in the future;  depending on the process for that, a similar test might be interesting.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Rob when are you going up there

Early June.

Early June.

Oh man I cant wait please share the experience with us what an amazing opportunity.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

This is by far my favorite video. I really need to get to your shop.

https://youtu.be/gS6SLAmJY6k

I just watched it and I couldn't agree more. It's weird that playing a fade feels right. I used to always play a fade of the tee. Now I play a draw which absolutely turns into a hook sometimes. I need to get back to that fade. Great video.

Bryson DeChambeau

I just watched it and I couldn't agree more. It's weird that playing a fade feels right. I used to always play a fade of the tee. Now I play a draw which absolutely turns into a hook sometimes. I need to get back to that fade. Great video.

I had to learn a draw. 90% of the doglegs I play go left. The trees grew too much for me to fade them over the top of the trees. That or lay up with a mid iron, but that's no fun.

Oh man I cant wait please share the experience with us what an amazing opportunity.

Oh dont worry. It'll be shared, the good, the bad and the ugly. Ha

Watched the Webb Simpson Why In The Bag yesterday.  There is some seriously good stuff in there regarding shafts

Workability video definitely not surprising but I think Ian brought up the key point in that both heads are workable, but the blade provides more consistency/predictability.

I'm sure some hardcore tonedeaf gearheads will still claim that gi clubs aren't workable.

I watched the one where they fit their club builder and almost booked a flight to Toronto. I do the exact same things, a little in to out and face shut to path. The fact they could influence that big left miss with fitting was amazing

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Workability video definitely not surprising but I think Ian brought up the key point in that both heads are workable, but the blade provides more consistency/predictability.

I'm sure some hardcore tonedeaf gearheads will still claim that gi clubs aren't workable.

Yep, they even tried to head that off in the beginning, knowing some internet warriors will claim that the GI's can't be worked.  Loved the fact he through our Andrew Rice and KJ Choi are able to work the G400 irons!!

Iron workability test is coming on Monday morning...was an interesting one and will be curious to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Miura blades VS Mizuno JPX 900 hot metals

Watched it this morning and wasn't surprised that much.  I think if you're a skilled golfer and know how to 'work' shots you can do it with anything, no matter what the offset is.

However isn't "workability" more of an advanced skill that requires an intimate understanding of the relationship between clubface and swing path?  

I do appreciate the fact they you set out to dispel the myth that non-bladed clubs are not "workable"... a common refrain heard much too often.  There are advantages to using clubs with little-to-no offset (is that what we call a blade now?) but working the ball is not one of them.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

@jlukes (forgive me, I don't know how to tag people on here properly), Ian noticed you gave a little shout out to TXG in a twitter thread with Crossfield. That's awesome, I love it!

Haha yeah. Mark is a good dude but his latest video really rubbed me the wrong way.

Almost as much as the one where he was being fitted at the Titleist HQ and he told the fitter it doesn't matter what shaft they give him because he doesn't ever notice a difference in performance in any shaft.

Haha yeah. Mark is a good dude but his latest video really rubbed me the wrong way.

Almost as much as the one where he was being fitted at the Titleist HQ and he told the fitter it doesn't matter what shaft they give him because he doesn't ever notice a difference in performance in any shaft.

Was actually just chatting with Ian about it on the phone, I'd like to find a way to invite Mark to come see us, or maybe arrange a little video shoot together when we're all in the same place. I think Ian might be able to change his mind on shafts, and if he can't then no-one can.

Was actually just chatting with Ian about it on the phone, I'd like to find a way to invite Mark to come see us, or maybe arrange a little video shoot together when we're all in the same place. I think Ian might be able to change his mind on shafts, and if he can't then no-one can.

That would be pretty awesome. But I don't know if he'd change his mind. Hell, the Titleist fitter gave Mark a hybrid shaft that practically eliminated the left miss for Mark and Mark just didn't believe it was was the shaft doing it.

I'd be really curious to hear the banter between Ian and Mark.

And I get it, Mark is frustrated after years of doing fittings and lessons and having people come in for fittings thinking they'd be able to fix the huge swing flaws with equipment when in reality they needed some lessons.

No doubt that serious lessons will correct swings flaws better than equipment, but going to the extreme he has that equipment makes almost no difference is ludicrous.

Great stuff as always guys! Matt, my good friend and frequent golf partner is coming up to get fitted by you on Saturday. So if you don't mind, I'd love it if you could royally screw up his bag so I can keep beating him. Thanks in advance!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Great stuff as always guys! Matt, my good friend and frequent golf partner is coming up to get fitted by you on Saturday. So if you don't mind, I'd love it if you could royally screw up his bag so I can keep beating him. Thanks in advance!

LOL what a friend

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'd be really curious to hear the banter between Ian and Mark.

That is if, Ian could actually get a word in

That is if, Ian could actually get a word in

Yeah I don't think Mark would have an open mind. He certainly didn't seem too in his Titleist hybrid and wedge fitting videos. Basically "I know what I like, I hit everything the same etc etc."

But let's get back to TXG and content that educates without being preachy

Yeah I don't think Mark would have an open mind. He certainly didn't seem too in his Titleist hybrid and wedge fitting videos. Basically "I know what I like, I hit everything the same etc etc."

But let's get back to TXG and content that educates without being preachy

Yep. I can't wait for the Aaron Wise Why in the Bag. Really interested to hear Matts and Ians thoughts on not only his equipment but his game.

@matt. A request/suggestion for the future. I'd like to hear more about Ians background. We occasionally here him talking about having worked for TaylorMade. But I think a several minute video taking about his background and how it led to where is currently would be interesting.

....so much Crossfield hate... what a shame. 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

....so much Crossfield hate... what a shame. 

We've officially got Crossfield trolls on our channel, does that mean we've finally hit the big time?  :lol:

I'll add that most of them don't seem to have actually watched any of our videos, because if they did they'd see we've done multiple tests proving that shafts aren't all that influential to actual ball flight numbers. We've never done a video saying a shaft has made the ball launch higher, spin less, etc., so it's funny that his followers assume we're of that opinion. Strangely enough it seems we have similar opinions to Mark on shafts in a couple ways, but he goes off the rails when he discounts the effect of the shaft on delivery, feel, strike, etc. In his latest video his tester identifies significant feel differences and tendencies with each shaft, and Mark basically tries to convince him that he only feels that way because of what he's heard in the past...

We've officially got Crossfield trolls on our channel, does that mean we've finally hit the big time?

...not sure if you're referring to me or not, but Crossfield was kind of a trailblazer in putting golf on youtube and I respect him for that.  Sure, I agree and  disagree with some of the things he says - just like I agree and disagree with some of the things on TXG - but I'm not sure that makes me a 'troll'.  Perhaps this isn't directed at me because I rarely - if ever - comment on a youtube video that appears on a channel and you might be referencing comments made on one of your youtube videos; the lines get blurred a bit and sometimes I don't read between them properly.

BTW - you don't hit the 'big time' until you get both Crossfield and Shiels comments on your "channel".   :lol:

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Archived