Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Burke putter

Milkmanmike01

Why does no one know anything about burke putters? I heard they are milled at the same place as Bettinardi. They feel like top quality putters, way better than Scotty. Does anyone have any insight or personal experience with them? I feel like I'm the only who has.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whoa just looked them up $499 wow

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Probably because nobody plays them on Tour, so they don't get very much publicity. They aren't included in any tests (Hotlist, Club Test, Most Wanted, etc.) either.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Probably because nobody plays them on Tour, so they don't get very much publicity. They aren't included in any tests (Hotlist, Club Test, Most Wanted, etc.) either.

They should be

They should be

Yeah, they should. But there are several boutique brand putters, if you will, that should be tested but aren't. They only test name brand putters because those are the ones people will buy. People will not buy a putter they've never heard of before. Popularity is worth a lot when it comes to the golf equipment market.

Is there any tech in them that makes them different from other boutique putter brands or are they just another pretty boutique putter?

They claim to have tighter tolerances in the milling and grinding process. Other then that not sure

Yeah, they should. But there are several boutique brand putters, if you will, that should be tested but aren't. They only test name brand putters because those are the ones people will buy. People will not buy a putter they've never heard of before. Popularity is worth a lot when it comes to the golf equipment market.

I'm not sure how known Carbon putter where before MGS included them in their Most wanted blade putter test a few years ago, that's how I learned about them, heck most people still have never heard of Carbon putters as they are online only and not in retail at least to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They claim to have tighter tolerances in the milling and grinding process. Other then that not sure

Sounds like just another boutique putter company. They are definitely nice to look at, but if MGS did a full review and test for every boutique no-tech putter that was out there they'd never have time for anything else

Not true. They'll test any putter out there so long as the company has a the ability to produce enough putters to meet demand spikes if the putter were to test well.

Not true. They'll test any putter out there so long as the company has a the ability to produce enough putters to meet demand spikes if the putter were to test well.

Ah, I see. I didn't know that.

I disagree with this theory. I can name multiple putters that were little know before mags. Carbon, mla, eve roll to name a few. A good way for a company to get known is by a trusted independent review company like mgs.

Well, then they should send some samples for testing. I'm sure MGS would include them in the Most Wanted... but not for $500 a piece...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I disagree with this theory. I can name multiple putters that were little know before mags. Carbon, mla, eve roll to name a few. A good way for a company to get known is by a trusted independent review company like mgs.

Not sure I've ever seen any of those putters in Golf Magazine or Gold Digest, but MGS, yes.

Ah, the real problem with boutique anything; the ability to get a fair price when it comes time to sell.

I've been down this road a few times with some guitars. I've had some beautiful guitars that would blow away any Gibson or Fender, but without the big name, it took forever to sell them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Ah, the real problem with boutique anything; the ability to get a fair price when it comes time to sell.

I've been down this road a few times with some guitars. I've had some beautiful guitars that would blow away any Gibson or Fender, but without the big name, it took forever to sell them.

Price is no thing more than perceived value. There are plenty of boutique items that sell for more than their brand-name counterparts

Price is no thing more than perceived value. There are plenty of boutique items that sell for more than their brand-name counterparts

Absolutely. Just make sure you are buying a well known boutique brand. You could buy the finest putter/guitar/watch etc in the history of mankind and if no one knows what it is or why it's valuable, what have you got?

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Archived