Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. I've been playing golf on and off for about 14 years, but I've gotten really back into it since Covid. I am a 10.8 handicap, and usually shoot about 82-84; however I could also shoot 76 or 90 easily most days.

2. I love that I can play with friends and have fun, but also play by myself and have just as much fun. I am competitive and it is nice to be able to compete with myself and get better.

3. While I don't know any other spies yet, I think the testing and golf talk is what brought me here.

4. I am from south central, PA. I joke that my home course is whatever course is cheapest that weekend.

5. The best part about my area for golf is the abundance of courses. The worst part is a lot of those courses are way too pricey for what they're worth.

6. I work as a physical therapist in a sports med clinic.

7. It's been part of my gaming handle on xbox and PlayStation since I was a kid.

WITB:

Driver is a Ping G25

3 Wood is a srixon Z45

3 Iron is a srixon U65

4-PW are Mizuno MP-53s

52,54,58* wedges are Vokey SM8, 9 and 9 respectively

Putter is a Callaway Odyssey Marxman

Edited by jclab20
Accidentally posted repeat

jclab20, chasing a single digit handicap

Today is Spark Golf day at James Baird State Park! Sadly after this week the start times for the round will begin to get earlier in the afternoon aka not doable for me!

TM SpeedBlade Irons

Srixon ZX7 driver

Cleveland wedges

Cobra Supernova 30 3d printed putter

My outfits on the course will blind you!

AsParAsTheEyeCanSee blog! asparastheeyecansee.wordpress.com

On 7/22/2024 at 4:27 PM, bubb92 said:

Hey All! New to this group, new to this game. Just started playing golf this March. Never knew how infuriatingly fun it could be. You know everyone talks about "what's the shot that made you come back and play again" my answer is all of the bad ones. The ones where I top the ball and it rolls 40 yards. Or i hit it 30 yards left instead of on the green. Its similar to baseball where its a game of failure and you have to minimize the failure to get better. 

If you told me 10 years ago that id be playing golf in my 30's i would have asked what drugs you are on....Yet, here I am lol 

Welcome aboard 

Jnr

Welcome all!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, jclab20 said:

1. I've been playing golf on and off for about 14 years, but I've gotten really back into it since Covid. I am a 10.8 handicap, and usually shoot about 82-84; however I could also shoot 76 or 90 easily most days.

2. I love that I can play with friends and have fun, but also play by myself and have just as much fun. I am competitive and it is nice to be able to compete with myself and get better.

3. While I don't know any other spies yet, I think the testing and golf talk is what brought me here.

4. I am from south central, PA. I joke that my home course is whatever course is cheapest that weekend.

5. The best part about my area for golf is the abundance of courses. The worst part is a lot of those courses are way too pricey for what they're worth.

6. I work as a physical therapist in a sports med clinic.

7. It's been part of my gaming handle on xbox and PlayStation since I was a kid.

WITB:

Driver is a Ping G25

3 Wood is a srixon Z45

3 Iron is a srixon U65

4-PW are Mizuno MP-53s

52,54,58* wedges are Vokey SM8, 9 and 9 respectively

Putter is a Callaway Odyssey Marxman

Welcome!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

8 hours ago, Bogey Train Conductor said:

Today is Spark Golf day at James Baird State Park! Sadly after this week the start times for the round will begin to get earlier in the afternoon aka not doable for me!

Shot a 39! Not bad at all! 

IMG_5206.jpeg

TM SpeedBlade Irons

Srixon ZX7 driver

Cleveland wedges

Cobra Supernova 30 3d printed putter

My outfits on the course will blind you!

AsParAsTheEyeCanSee blog! asparastheeyecansee.wordpress.com

Hey all!

How long have you been playing golf?

-I started playing when I was a kid, mostly summer golf camps and then playing with my friends. I was was very competitive with another sport, so I didn’t play much golf until after I graduated college and was looking for something to scratch competitive itch. I’ve now been playing golf pretty regularly for 7 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

-just got my HC this year to play some tournaments, currently a 2.9.

What do you love about golf?

-I love getting outside, I love the challenge each hole presents, and I love the process of practicing and getting better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

-I’ve just gotten addicted to golf and I really like the articles and reviews here. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

-There’s a lot of variety of courses in the DMV but traffic makes it difficult to get out during the week. Weekends are slow and can be tough to get tee times.

WITB

Putter: Cleveland HB soft milled 

Wedges: Callaway MD5 jaws (52/56) 10 degree bounce on both 

Irons AW-5: Callaway apex 19

Driving Iron: Wilson staff 19 degree

Hybrid: Callaway Paradigm 3 hybrid

3 Wood: Callaway epic speed

Driver: Callaway rogue st ls triple diamond

still shafts in all 

Driver- Rogue St Triple Diamond 

Mavrik 3hybrid

Wilson Pro Staff 21 degree driving iron 

Callaway Apex Irons 

Callaway Macdaddy 52 and 56 degree

odysee two ball putter

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAir10 said:

Hey all!

-I started playing when I was a kid, mostly summer golf camps and then playing with my friends. I was was very competitive with another sport, so I didn’t play much golf until after I graduated college and was looking for something to scratch competitive itch. I’ve now been playing golf pretty regularly for 7 years.

-just got my HC this year to play some tournaments, currently a 2.9.

-I love getting outside, I love the challenge each hole presents, and I love the process of practicing and getting better.

-I’ve just gotten addicted to golf and I really like the articles and reviews here. 

-There’s a lot of variety of courses in the DMV but traffic makes it difficult to get out during the week. Weekends are slow and can be tough to get tee times.

WITB

Putter: Cleveland HB soft milled 

Wedges: Callaway MD5 jaws (52/56) 10 degree bounce on both 

Irons AW-5: Callaway apex 19

Driving Iron: Wilson staff 19 degree

Hybrid: Callaway Paradigm 3 hybrid

3 Wood: Callaway epic speed

Driver: Callaway rogue st ls triple diamond

still shafts in all 

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

New member here out of Frederick, MD.  

i have been golfing for 25+ years, but very inconsistently the last 10 years.

My clubs needed a refresh and I had never been fitted before, so I just purchased the Callaway Smoke Ai irons, 1W, and 5W.

I recently took some lessons out at Little Bennett in Clarksburg and my game has drastically changed for the better, which has me excited to start playing more consistently…though I am fully aware how much game can mess with your head and emotions ha!

Nice meeting ya’ll

Brian

3 hours ago, Luckdoggy said:

My clubs needed a refresh and I had never been fitted before, so I just purchased the Callaway Smoke Ai irons, 1W, and 5W.

I recently took some lessons out at Little Bennett in Clarksburg and my game has drastically changed for the better, which has me excited to start playing more consistently…though I am fully aware how much game can mess with your head and emotions ha!

Nice meeting ya’ll

Welcome!

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Hello Spies!

-I started playing golf in 2018 when I was 23 or 24 years old. Growing up in NYC, I was very competitive and played multiple sports, but golf was never one of them. It wasn’t until I moved out of the city and got my first corporate job, where a few coworkers played golf, that I decided to give it a try. I picked up a cheap Wilson starter set at a Sports Authority going-out-of-business sale (remember that store?). My initial thought was, “I’m an athlete—how hard can golf be?” Let’s just say, I was quickly humbled.

- My current handicap is 8.0, but I’m confident I’ll be shaving off a stroke or two in the coming weeks. I’m playing the best golf of my life right now.

- I love the challenge that golf presents. It’s not just a game of physical skill but also one of mental discipline and focus. I enjoy playing different courses and appreciating the unique layouts and landscapes each one offers.

- I’ve been a fan of MyGolfSpy since I started playing golf. As an equipment junkie and data nerd, I love the in-depth reviews and articles they provide. While I don’t know any Spies personally, I recently created a profile in hopes of connecting with others who share my passion for the game.

- I live in the greater Philadelphia area, where the best part is the abundance of courses to play (though tee times are getting expensive!). The downside, however, is dealing with the winters, which make it tough to get out and play.

WITB

Ball: Maxfli Tour

Putter: Evnroll Er5v

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (50, 54, and 58 degrees)

Irons: Sub70 659 MB/CB combo (6-PW MBs, 4-5 CBs)

Driving Iron: Ping I-crossover 2iron

3 Wood: Callaway Ai smoke max 13 degree

Driver: Callaway Ai smoke max 9 degree

X-Stiff shafts in all clubs

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke Max

3wood: Callaway Ai Smoke Max

2iron: Ping Icrossover

4-pw: Mizuno MP20 MMC

50, 54, 58: Mizuno T22

4 minutes ago, DLabGolf717 said:

Hello Spies!

-I started playing golf in 2018 when I was 23 or 24 years old. Growing up in NYC, I was very competitive and played multiple sports, but golf was never one of them. It wasn’t until I moved out of the city and got my first corporate job, where a few coworkers played golf, that I decided to give it a try. I picked up a cheap Wilson starter set at a Sports Authority going-out-of-business sale (remember that store?). My initial thought was, “I’m an athlete—how hard can golf be?” Let’s just say, I was quickly humbled.

- My current handicap is 8.0, but I’m confident I’ll be shaving off a stroke or two in the coming weeks. I’m playing the best golf of my life right now.

- I love the challenge that golf presents. It’s not just a game of physical skill but also one of mental discipline and focus. I enjoy playing different courses and appreciating the unique layouts and landscapes each one offers.

- I’ve been a fan of MyGolfSpy since I started playing golf. As an equipment junkie and data nerd, I love the in-depth reviews and articles they provide. While I don’t know any Spies personally, I recently created a profile in hopes of connecting with others who share my passion for the game.

- I live in the greater Philadelphia area, where the best part is the abundance of courses to play (though tee times are getting expensive!). The downside, however, is dealing with the winters, which make it tough to get out and play.

WITB

Welcome to mgs!

WITB-

9 hours ago, DLabGolf717 said:

Hello Spies!

WITB

Welcome!

On 9/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, Luckdoggy said:

Nice meeting ya’ll

Love Whiskey Creek up near you. As good as most of the private clubs I play, I think.

WITB

Callaway Mavrik Iron Set 5-PW,AW W/ Elevate 95 R-Flex Steel Shafts

Callaway Epic Max Star 10.5* Driver HZRDUS Smoke

Cleveland Golf 58-degree wedge

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Hello all! I'm a new forum member from the Finger Lakes region of NY. I'm 33 and have been playing since I was 10 or 11, but in the past few years have become serious about improving my game. My area is somewhat golf-poor--there is a public course in my town, but the nearest driving range/practice facility is over a half hour drive away, and most better courses lie an hour or more from my house...but yes, of course I make those drives! I have never been a member at any course, nor do I maintain an official handicap, but I do calculate an un-official one and currently play to 1.2 with average scores in the mid-high 70s.

I am a data analyst and care deeply about finding success and value in my kit. I was an early follower of YouTube golf back in 2012ish, spending countless hours watching the likes of Mark Crossfield, Me and My Golf, Rick Shiels, and Peter Finch. Their early instruction videos and club reviews led me to tinkering ways, and My Golf Spy content spoke to my interest in data-driven analysis of golf products. I used all these resources to inform used-club buying from Ebay for many years, but have turned over to fitting in the past couple years and am actually happy with my current set up!

Here's what's in the bag:

Driver: Titleist TSr2 9 degree at 8.25, Tensei 1K Black 75TX 

FW: Titleist TSr2 at 14.25 degrees, Project X HZRDUS Black 5G 6.5 70g

Hybrid: Titleist TSi 3 at 21 degrees, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 90g

Irons: Srixon Z765 4-6 combo with Z785 7-PW, Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Vokey SM9 52.08, SM5 56.10, SM5 60.11

Putter: Sub70 Sycamore 005 Wide Blade

Ball: Maxfli Tour X or Wilson Triad

If anyone is golfing in/near the Finger Lakes, I often find myself playing alone and wouldn't mind meeting some other golfers! I'm looking forward to reading others' posts and hopefully participating in the forums.

Ball: Maxfli Tour X 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Ford said:

Hello all! I'm a new forum member from the Finger Lakes region of NY. I'm 33 and have been playing since I was 10 or 11, but in the past few years have become serious about improving my game. My area is somewhat golf-poor--there is a public course in my town, but the nearest driving range/practice facility is over a half hour drive away, and most better courses lie an hour or more from my house...but yes, of course I make those drives! I have never been a member at any course, nor do I maintain an official handicap, but I do calculate an un-official one and currently play to 1.2 with average scores in the mid-high 70s.

I am a data analyst and care deeply about finding success and value in my kit. I was an early follower of YouTube golf back in 2012ish, spending countless hours watching the likes of Mark Crossfield, Me and My Golf, Rick Shiels, and Peter Finch. Their early instruction videos and club reviews led me to tinkering ways, and My Golf Spy content spoke to my interest in data-driven analysis of golf products. I used all these resources to inform used-club buying from Ebay for many years, but have turned over to fitting in the past couple years and am actually happy with my current set up!

If anyone is golfing in/near the Finger Lakes, I often find myself playing alone and wouldn't mind meeting some other golfers! I'm looking forward to reading others' posts and hopefully participating in the forums.

Welcome to the Forum!

41 minutes ago, Andrew Ford said:

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

2 hours ago, Quavein said:

Hello, I was already a member of this community a few years ago, but I lost my account details. Does anyone remember Mike from Sydney?😁

Wasn't a member at that time but welcome back!