Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 9/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, 3jackPro said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started consistently playing about 5 years ago. Got my index down to a 15 during early covid and right around an 18 today. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental challenge and the ability to get out by yourself. I played a lot of tennis after college and golf reminds me a lot of tennis from a mental pov. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I recently started taking my equipment much more seriously after graduating from my game improvement starter set. As such, this appears to be a great community for both equipment and course reviews. I’m on forums for my other hobbies (boating, hunting, cars) so not sure why it took me so long to join a golf forum! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Home course is Newcastle and live nearby as well. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a relatively short season (I’m a fair weather golfer), but summers in the PNW are incredibly underrated. 

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? I give one of my regular golf buddies a hard time about always three putting. Last year I gave him a box of pro v1s for his birthday custom ordered with “3 jack” on them. I ordered in bulk to get free customization and a little better pricing. Since it gets a chuckle when someone else finds or picks up my ball I stuck with it. Hence 3 jackpro (v1). 

Welcome to the forum @3jackPro!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• 2 months later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Have played sparingly (maybe once a year) for a long time (maybe 17 years). Started playing regularly this summer.  My official handicap is currently 15.7.  But hoping to drastically improve that with some lessons that I've never had.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and ideally walking the course. Love the personal challenge of improving.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Love the site for reviews.  I don't find any other site that seems as unbiased in testing or that uses such a robust approach to testing equipment.  I use it for all my research as I enhance my bag.  No, I don't know any other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Seattle.  West Seattle municipal course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Early darkness once the time changes and of course the rain in the non-summer months.

What do you do for a living?

Short answer is 'tech', like much of Seattle.

How’d you pick your user name?

My original choice was taken.  Didn't put that much thought into it.

WITB:

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5° Driver (standard regular flex)

TaylorMade SIM2 4 Hybrid

TaylorMade RAC ht irons (4-PW)

TaylorMade RAC 54° wedge

TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome 60° wedge

Odyssey DFX 2-ball putter

TaylorMade Tour Response ball

--->Just got fitted for new irons and have ordered (waiting for them to arrive) Mizuno JPX 923 HotMetal Pro irons (5-GW)

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2 Max

Wood: Currently looking

Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM2 Max 4 (22°)

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW

Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54° & TaylorMade Milled Grind 60°

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response ball

Other: Arccos Caddie

Welcome to the forum @ChadM from the other side of the Cascades!!  Glad you joined us!  I used to play over there quite a bit, but haven't for a few years.   Several spies live there if you get a chance to hook up... great guys!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...

Morning Yall!

Name's Coleman, go by CTQ. Been playing golf for about 10 years give or take. Normally shoot around the low 90's. Handicap is sitting at around a 18? I think what I love most about golfing is the fact that golf is extremely difficult. Sounds weird to say but I love the fact there is always something that i can be working on and at times you can hit HORRIBLE shots but other times you can hit shots like the pros (yeah its luck, but its still super fun)

I think what really brought me to MyGolfSpy was the insight to clubs and technology and the sense of community. I was recently buying a beautiful Ping 3 Hybrid and the individual I bought it from was a member and was saying it was a great place. I decided to jump in! 

I am from the wonderful state of Oregon, living out in Beaverton and will play any track I can find a group of peeps to play with. Big fan of random groups of dudes wanting to go out, have a few beers and play 9 or 18 holes and just enjoy the company of being disconnected from the real world for a few hours. Home course is probably RedTail seeing I am right next to the course but again, ill play anywhere when i get a chance. 

I think the best thing about golf in my region has to be Bandon Dunes... Its Disneyland for golfers, the worst thing... its gotta be the rain, being a fair weather golfer probably isn't the easiest thing to do here. sometimes you have to throw the rain gear on and just find enjoyment in the chase. 

As for my normal career that actually pays the bills, I work for a large sporting goods company located here in the PNW. Working in Logistics with a focus in Distribution operations. 

As for my user name, its pretty lame, ive always gone by my initals, threw my last name in there and 26 was always a lucky number for me. LAME!!

It's a power fade, not a slice.

• Driver - Callaway XR
  • 3 Wood - Ping G25
  • 3 Hybrid - Ping G400
  • 4 Hybrid - Nike VRS Covert 2,0
  • 5i-PW - Callaway Razr X
  • 50*, 54*, 58* - Vokey SM9
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 Putter

14 minutes ago, CTQuinn26 said:

Morning Yall!

Name's Coleman, go by CTQ. Been playing golf for about 10 years give or take. Normally shoot around the low 90's. Handicap is sitting at around a 18? I think what I love most about golfing is the fact that golf is extremely difficult. Sounds weird to say but I love the fact there is always something that i can be working on and at times you can hit HORRIBLE shots but other times you can hit shots like the pros (yeah its luck, but its still super fun)

I think what really brought me to MyGolfSpy was the insight to clubs and technology and the sense of community. I was recently buying a beautiful Ping 3 Hybrid and the individual I bought it from was a member and was saying it was a great place. I decided to jump in! 

I am from the wonderful state of Oregon, living out in Beaverton and will play any track I can find a group of peeps to play with. Big fan of random groups of dudes wanting to go out, have a few beers and play 9 or 18 holes and just enjoy the company of being disconnected from the real world for a few hours. Home course is probably RedTail seeing I am right next to the course but again, ill play anywhere when i get a chance. 

I think the best thing about golf in my region has to be Bandon Dunes... Its Disneyland for golfers, the worst thing... its gotta be the rain, being a fair weather golfer probably isn't the easiest thing to do here. sometimes you have to throw the rain gear on and just find enjoyment in the chase. 

As for my normal career that actually pays the bills, I work for a large sporting goods company located here in the PNW. Working in Logistics with a focus in Distribution operations. 

As for my user name, its pretty lame, ive always gone by my initals, threw my last name in there and 26 was always a lucky number for me. LAME!!

Welcome CTQ!!  Glad you joined us.  I’m just up the Columbia about 200 miles from you; grew up in Corvallis so spent many years driving through Portland.  I liked to stop at Redtail; bought several clubs there over the years, including my current Callaway Epic Max.  Bought it a couple of years ago when I  played Redtail with @Vegan_Golfer_PNW.  He must be a neighbor of yours.  There are a couple of other Spys in the area so you should be able to connect for some rounds.  Hope they jump in here…

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hi everyone. New to the site so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Corey Wageman.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing sporadically for about 20 years. Played a lot during my teen years and then took a looong time off until about 6 years ago when I started playing a couple times a year. Now I have gotten back into it and have a goal of playing once a week this season. My official handicap 18.

• What do you love about golf?

I love getting to be outdoors while challenging myself. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I like reading the reviews and learning about new products. I do not know any other spies.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in Southern Idaho and live in Boise. I dont really have a home course but I play Quail Hollow and Boise Ranch probably the most. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the number of courses to choose from and worst is the winter.

• What do you do for a living?

I work for the Environmental division for the City.

• How’d you pick your user name?

Nothing fancy just first initial and last name.

Driver - TM R15

3 wood - TM SLDR

Irons 4 - AW - TM Rocketbladez

Wedge 52, 56, 60 - Nike, Callaway, TM

Putter - Nike Method blade style

12 minutes ago, C_Wageman said:

Hi everyone. New to the site so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Corey Wageman.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing sporadically for about 20 years. Played a lot during my teen years and then took a looong time off until about 6 years ago when I started playing a couple times a year. Now I have gotten back into it and have a goal of playing once a week this season. My official handicap 18.

• What do you love about golf?

I love getting to be outdoors while challenging myself. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I like reading the reviews and learning about new products. I do not know any other spies.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in Southern Idaho and live in Boise. I dont really have a home course but I play Quail Hollow and Boise Ranch probably the most. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the number of courses to choose from and worst is the winter.

• What do you do for a living?

I work for the Environmental division for the City.

• How’d you pick your user name?

Nothing fancy just first initial and last name.

Welcome!  Glad you joined us.  I haven't played in Boise...yet.  Been talking about heading that way.  I have played in Idaho Falls and McCall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone in the Pacific Northwest my Name in Jakob Smith and I am from Southeast Idaho mostly around the Rexburg and Idaho Falls areas when I am not traveling. I am also a lefty which is nice sometimes but also sucks when getting new clubs. 

I have been playing golf seriously since high school current handicap is 12 and would like to get into the single digits this season.

I enjoy golf the most when I am alone enjoying the peace from the rest of the world. If only the therapists could make golf therapy and it be covered by insurance. Haha

I have been a long time reader of MGS when the 1st Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball review came out is when I started to read a lot more.

The short season, especially now with winter dragging on. Fall Golf is some of my favorite times to golf.

Currently in school studying automotive engineering.

Simply my first and last name. And 23 and 16 being my favorite numbers.

Edited by JakeSmith2316

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

9 hours ago, JakeSmith2316 said:

Hello everyone in the Pacific Northwest my Name in Jakob Smith and I am from Southeast Idaho mostly around the Rexburg and Idaho Falls areas when I am not traveling. I am also a lefty which is nice sometimes but also sucks when getting new clubs. 

I have been playing golf seriously since high school current handicap is 12 and would like to get into the single digits this season.

I enjoy golf the most when I am alone enjoying the peace from the rest of the world. If only the therapists could make golf therapy and it be covered by insurance. Haha

I have been a long time reader of MGS when the 1st Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball review came out is when I started to read a lot more.

The short season, especially now with winter dragging on. Fall Golf is some of my favorite times to golf.

Currently in school studying automotive engineering.

Simply my first and last name. And 23 and 16 being my favorite numbers.

Welcome to the forums Jake!  Glad you joined us!!  It's been a long time since I was in Idaho Falls; used to travel there for work at INEL. I usually drove there instead of flying so of course I would bring my clubs and fly rod.  Played Pinecrest and Sand Creek.  There were some great deals there; a colleague of mine was a member at 3 courses as a senior for something like less than $800, but that was a long time ago... I suppose that has changed a lot!!

Best of luck on your studies and enjoy the forums!!!!

Howdy y'all! My name is Tyler, I am from the Bend, Or area. Actually grew up out here before heading east and then moving back in 2019. Figured I would get active in some forums to try and endure these last couple weeks of winter! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    1. I only started playing golf last April...so barely a year now. Other than top golf and screwing around on the driving range with buddies in college, I'd never really played a true round of golf. Got hooked immediately though. I ended the year shooting low 90s and breaking 90 a couple of times last year. Will be keeping a handicap this year but guessing 18-20. 
  2. What do you love about golf?
    1. Definitely the community aspect. It's great that all the guys I hang with golf too, and with busy personal lives, it's a great way to get out and hang with the boys. But I also golf alone a lot and have met some genuinely great people by being the random solo on their tee time. At the same time, I also love that I can go out to the course by myself and just work on my game. The individual responsibility to actually go and get better is awesome, and those moments where something clicks and you get a part of your game right are the best feeling. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    1. I am a bit of a gear junkie and love getting into the numbers and data. All of the testing and translation of data here is awesome. I also love hearing about other people's thoughts and experiences on the equipment they play. The game of golf is so universally concise, yet simultaneously relative to each individual. So I love seeing other perspectives and thoughts on different aspects of the game. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    1. I'm from Bend, Or. Grew up here in Central Oregon, so it is definitely home. I like to mix it up with the courses out here, but I default to Widgi Creek more often than not. Highly recommend it if you have never been. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    1. The courses around Central Oregon are beautiful and always in great condition during the season. Definitely spoiled. The worst part is the winter. guaranteed 4 months of no golf, and very little opportunity for indoor practice. 
  6. What do you do for a living?
    1. I work for a real estate marketing agency. 
  7. How’d you pick your user name?
    1. Just used my real name! 

Looking forward to chattin with y'all. Always down for a round if anyone is around Bend! 

TM

• Titleist TSi2 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5S
  • Titleist TSi3 15* - Project X HZRDUS Black 
  • Callaway XR 3H
  • Cobra Forged Tec 5-PW
  • Vokey SM8 50/54/60
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 STR
  • Titleist - ProV1x 

14 hours ago, tylermarks said:

Howdy y'all! My name is Tyler, I am from the Bend, Or area. Actually grew up out here before heading east and then moving back in 2019. Figured I would get active in some forums to try and endure these last couple weeks of winter! 

1. I only started playing golf last April...so barely a year now. Other than top golf and screwing around on the driving range with buddies in college, I'd never really played a true round of golf. Got hooked immediately though. I ended the year shooting low 90s and breaking 90 a couple of times last year. Will be keeping a handicap this year but guessing 18-20. 
    1. Definitely the community aspect. It's great that all the guys I hang with golf too, and with busy personal lives, it's a great way to get out and hang with the boys. But I also golf alone a lot and have met some genuinely great people by being the random solo on their tee time. At the same time, I also love that I can go out to the course by myself and just work on my game. The individual responsibility to actually go and get better is awesome, and those moments where something clicks and you get a part of your game right are the best feeling. 
    1. I am a bit of a gear junkie and love getting into the numbers and data. All of the testing and translation of data here is awesome. I also love hearing about other people's thoughts and experiences on the equipment they play. The game of golf is so universally concise, yet simultaneously relative to each individual. So I love seeing other perspectives and thoughts on different aspects of the game. 
    1. I'm from Bend, Or. Grew up here in Central Oregon, so it is definitely home. I like to mix it up with the courses out here, but I default to Widgi Creek more often than not. Highly recommend it if you have never been. 
    1. The courses around Central Oregon are beautiful and always in great condition during the season. Definitely spoiled. The worst part is the winter. guaranteed 4 months of no golf, and very little opportunity for indoor practice. 

Looking forward to chattin with y'all. Always down for a round if anyone is around Bend! 

Hello Tyler, Welcome to MGS. I am from the Portland area but love playing golf in the bend area. I'll be at Sunriver with a group of 20 first week of June. I like Tetherow, Pronghorn but I think my favorite course is Meadow Lakes. Not sure why since I have half a 7 iron in the river by hole 9. 

Welcome aboard, bump around there are a lot of great people here with a knowledge of the game and gear that passes me by. You being a junkie of gear and numbers should fit right in. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 3/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, tylermarks said:

Welcome to the forums Tyler!!  Glad you joined us.  I'm up in the TriCities on the Columbia River, about 250 miles from you.  My wife and I play a lot of golf in the Bend/Redmond/Sisters area.  I like Widgi Creek and play everything from Lost Tracks in the south to Crooked River Ranch in the north to Black Butte Ranch to the west.  Lots of great courses!  Hope to get back down that way soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Phillip and live in PDX proper and have been here for 20 yrs (before that Seattle for 10yrs and I grew up in ABQ). 

I've been playing golf for about 25 years......but just got more serious recently. Right now I'm a 22 Hcp but I am expecting to bring that down this summer. My average score (last year) has been 94-96. 

I love being outside with friends. Nothing beats hanging out, beers and jokes for 4 hrs.

I have come across different articles on training or equipment reviews in my searches over the past year. Just finally decided to join in.

I live in Portland, but the course that I play most is Chehalem Glenn (work out in Newberg).  

Course drainage. Hate it when it's sunny outside and hasn't rained in weeks and the fairway is still a swamp (looking at you Redtail!)
Love the outdoors. Beacon Rock is Beautiful (in the gorge). 

I am an illustrator/designer for a manufacturing company. I do a lot of 3d renderings and photoshop work. 

It was a nickname way back in the day. Nostalgic. 

Driver - Callaway Rogue

I am a weekend (or late weekday?) warrior who has played off and on for about 20 years. Usually score in the mid to high 80s, mostly let down by my chipping.

I love that the game of golf is the player vs. the course. It's also an engaging way to walk a few miles in nature, and keep my

I've read a lot of gear reviews from this site, and find it to be less biased than other sources. Most others always rave about the big products, but smaller producers like Wilson, PXG, and other DTC brands are hardly mentioned. TXG is another good source, but reading articles goes by much faster than watching youtube videos. I don't know anyone else on this site, but would be glad to meet others.

Currently in the Seattle, WA area and play Bellevue Public Golf Course most times. I enjoy walking twilight hours after work as my wife and I hike on summer weekends.

In Summer, the days are long and weather is nearly perfect. Numerous high-quality courses nearby, including Chambers Bay and the Home Course. Prices are high, however, especially with the influx of new golfers during pandemic times.
In Winter, the days are short and weather is cold and rainy. With rain gloves and jackets, it is possible to play during the winter months if a nice day comes through.

I am a Civil Engineer working in Hydrology and  Hydraulics.

Shamelessly stole it from a friend's mind about 1.5 decades ago. I haven't felt like changing even though it's ridiculous!

:PXG:0811 X
:taylormade-small: Burner 3H
:taylormade-small: Burner 3W
:taylormade-small: 4-9 irons R7
:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore, PW and AW
:titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled, SW and LW
:ping-small: Anser X

Been playing about 40 years currently 10.1

Play usually once a week except golf trips

Joined this site after reading emails for a couple years

Im from Stanwood, Washington  and play out of the Cedarcrest mens club

Best and worst things about golf in my area  Hmm  Our region is booming with jobs so cost is not good nor is it easy to get tee times. Best is the beauty of the courses

Im a quality inspector for Boeing 

user name- not a lot of thought went into it

Driver- Sim2 max

5 wood- Sim max

20’ hybrid- epic flash

irons- 5/gw Pxg 0211 r flex steel

wedges -52,56 Cbx 2 black

putter- Bettinardi queen bee6

Here is the answers to the questions

I have been playing golf since I was 7 off and on. My handicap is a 12

I love golf for the challenge and competitiveness. 

I like MyGolfSpy for a the new release articles and the Japanese Market forum. I don't know any other spies. 

I am from Nampa Idaho I play most at Redhawk. 

I am a purchasing Manager

How’d you pick your username?

No not reallt

On 3/24/2023 at 9:05 AM, Monstrphil said:

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Phillip and live in PDX proper and have been here for 20 yrs (before that Seattle for 10yrs and I grew up in ABQ). 

I've been playing golf for about 25 years......but just got more serious recently. Right now I'm a 22 Hcp but I am expecting to bring that down this summer. My average score (last year) has been 94-96. 

I love being outside with friends. Nothing beats hanging out, beers and jokes for 4 hrs.

I have come across different articles on training or equipment reviews in my searches over the past year. Just finally decided to join in.

I live in Portland, but the course that I play most is Chehalem Glenn (work out in Newberg).  

Course drainage. Hate it when it's sunny outside and hasn't rained in weeks and the fairway is still a swamp (looking at you Redtail!)
Love the outdoors. Beacon Rock is Beautiful (in the gorge). 

I am an illustrator/designer for a manufacturing company. I do a lot of 3d renderings and photoshop work. 

It was a nickname way back in the day. Nostalgic. 

Welcome from 200 miles up the Columbia River!!  Glad you joined us.  I grew up in Corvallis so I've made the trek through PDX for many years.  There are getting to be quite a few Spys in your area; I stopped in at Redtail and played 9 holes with @Vegan_Golfer_PNW.  He plays with a few others mostly on the south end, I think.  

On 3/27/2023 at 8:36 AM, giantcaptivfrog said:

I am a weekend (or late weekday?) warrior who has played off and on for about 20 years. Usually score in the mid to high 80s, mostly let down by my chipping.

I love that the game of golf is the player vs. the course. It's also an engaging way to walk a few miles in nature, and keep my

I've read a lot of gear reviews from this site, and find it to be less biased than other sources. Most others always rave about the big products, but smaller producers like Wilson, PXG, and other DTC brands are hardly mentioned. TXG is another good source, but reading articles goes by much faster than watching youtube videos. I don't know anyone else on this site, but would be glad to meet others.

Currently in the Seattle, WA area and play Bellevue Public Golf Course most times. I enjoy walking twilight hours after work as my wife and I hike on summer weekends.

In Summer, the days are long and weather is nearly perfect. Numerous high-quality courses nearby, including Chambers Bay and the Home Course. Prices are high, however, especially with the influx of new golfers during pandemic times.
In Winter, the days are short and weather is cold and rainy. With rain gloves and jackets, it is possible to play during the winter months if a nice day comes through.

I am a Civil Engineer working in Hydrology and  Hydraulics.

Shamelessly stole it from a friend's mind about 1.5 decades ago. I haven't felt like changing even though it's ridiculous!

Welcome from east of the Cascades!!  Glad you joined us.  I get over to your area occasionally; Played the Home Course, Gold Mountain, Druid Glen, Jefferson Park, Snohomish, and Mt. Si.  Used to play with a good friend that passed away a few years ago.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, Slight shank said:

Been playing about 40 years currently 10.1

Play usually once a week except golf trips

Joined this site after reading emails for a couple years

Im from Stanwood, Washington  and play out of the Cedarcrest mens club

Best and worst things about golf in my area  Hmm  Our region is booming with jobs so cost is not good nor is it easy to get tee times. Best is the beauty of the courses

Im a quality inspector for Boeing 

user name- not a lot of thought went into it

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us!!  I haven't played that far north of Seattle, but it is beautiful up there.  My wife has some family and friends that work at Boeing.  A good friend of mine retied from Boeing and moved to Montana to golf and fish.  Last year he moved to AZ... now mostly golfs!  

3 hours ago, Thumper1978 said:

Here is the answers to the questions

I have been playing golf since I was 7 off and on. My handicap is a 12

I love golf for the challenge and competitiveness. 

I like MyGolfSpy for a the new release articles and the Japanese Market forum. I don't know any other spies. 

I am from Nampa Idaho I play most at Redhawk. 

I am a purchasing Manager

How’d you pick your username?

No not reallt

Welcome from SE Washington!!  Glad you joined us.  I had family in the Ontario, Nyssa, Nampa area but they are mostly gone now.  I still have an uncle in Nampa.  Never played golf in that area, except for McCall.  

58 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome from east of the Cascades!!  Glad you joined us.  I get over to your area occasionally; Played the Home Course, Gold Mountain, Druid Glen, Jefferson Park, Snohomish, and Mt. Si.  Used to play with a good friend that passed away a few years ago.

Thanks for the welcome! Which courses would you recommend the highest? I'm hoping to play Chambers Bay this summer, but am seeking to branch out.

:PXG:0811 X
:taylormade-small: Burner 3H
:taylormade-small: Burner 3W
:taylormade-small: 4-9 irons R7
:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore, PW and AW
:titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled, SW and LW
:ping-small: Anser X

57 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us!!  I haven't played that far north of Seattle, but it is beautiful up there.  My wife has some family and friends that work at Boeing.  A good friend of mine retied from Boeing and moved to Montana to golf and fish.  Last year he moved to AZ... now mostly golfs!  

Thanks Kenny. The really nice courses are like an hour north of me in Bellingham. I appreciate the welcome and am looking forward to retiring myself. Montana is great we’re looking into Idaho. 

Driver- Sim2 max

5 wood- Sim max

20’ hybrid- epic flash

19 hours ago, giantcaptivfrog said:

Thanks for the welcome! Which courses would you recommend the highest? I'm hoping to play Chambers Bay this summer, but am seeking to branch out.

All of the Seattle city course are good courses; I've heard great things about West Seattle GC but haven't played it yet.  I enjoyed Druid Glen; my wife shot her best round of her life at the time (84) the day before she had back surgery at Virginia Mason.  The best that I played in Seattle is Gold Mountain; both courses are good, but the Olympic course is the best.

I haven't played Chambers Bay yet.  I hope to play it this year; it might be my last year to try it.  Not sure I have many more years left to walk this course; I've heard it's a tough walk.

41 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

All of the Seattle city course are good courses; I've heard great things about West Seattle GC but haven't played it yet.  I enjoyed Druid Glen; my wife shot her best round of her life at the time (84) the day before she had back surgery at Virginia Mason.  The best that I played in Seattle is Gold Mountain; both courses are good, but the Olympic course is the best.

I haven't played Chambers Bay yet.  I hope to play it this year; it might be my last year to try it.  Not sure I have many more years left to walk this course; I've heard it's a tough walk.

Yes sir Chambers is fun I’ve done it twice. Gold mountain is a gem. Druids is fun but tough. A couple more down there to try are the Home Course in DuPont and Washington National which is close to druids glen 

Driver- Sim2 max

5 wood- Sim max

20’ hybrid- epic flash

11 minutes ago, Slight shank said:

Yes sir Chambers is fun I’ve done it twice. Gold mountain is a gem. Druids is fun but tough. A couple more down there to try are the Home Course in DuPont and Washington National which is close to druids glen 

We've played the Home Course the day before we played Druid.  I liked it, but my wife didn't play well that day.  She was invited back there this April for a Tournament of Champions since she is our club's 2022 Match Play champion.  She would like to give it another go, but we have a Rotary fund raising scramble here and she is on the tournament committee.  

It looks like we will head to Seattle in early August for the Monte Scheinblum clinic in Snohomish.  Monte is our instructor/coach.  Depending on how I feel at the time, this might be the time to play Chambers Bay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all my name is Eric, live in Montana and pretty darn new to the forum and saw this thread. I figured I would jump in and complete the questions and introduce myself a bit.

How long have you been playing golf? 
I started playing golf as a kid, just for fun. I played basically every sport, and golf was another one for the list.  I was never really good but enjoyed it.  I played off and on through high school, never competitively or anything just casually. I continued this trend into my early 20's until I got married and had our first child.  Basically at that point golf took a back seat and I didn't play for again for approximately 11 years. Randomly some friends of mine invited me in early 2021 and the I got the bug again. I couldn't get enough. Got fit, got a whole new set of clubs and haven't stopped playing since. It's great. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap at the momently is around high 12 to low 13. With just coming out of winter and the courses opening up, it's been a slow start to the year. 

Honestly, its a way for me to disconnect in a way. Relax probably isn't the best term, since as we all know golf can be frustrating, but it lets me get away for a few hours with good buddies and just BS, golf, and have fun.  I take the game seriously, and stive to improve but I think overall that's what I enjoy most about golf currently. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Once I got back into the game I was all about searching for reviews and what not. Obviously, that brought me to MyGolfSpy.  Always been reviewing articles and what not since then and then stumbled into the forum recently and decided to sign up.

Do you already know any other Spies? - I don't think so

Where are you from? Huntley, MT What is your home course? Pryor Creek Golf Course 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is its Montana; region is beautiful and has some amazing views and other things besides golf. There are a lot of cool courses in surrounding states as well. I'm hoping to play more of them as I can.  Taking a buddies trip this summer to Idaho to play Coueur D'Alene Resort course, Circling Raven and some others in the area.  A couple not so good things - Winter isn't very conducive to golf. Like all northern states we have a long offseason at times. Also Montana recently seems to have a lot of very nice high rated courses, most of which are very private. That can be a bummer at times. 

Oil and Gas Industry - Corrosion Prevention

One i've used in the past. 

Edited by Jore07

WITB

D - Cobra RadSpeed XB
3W - Cobra Radpeed
3h - Ping G425
4-GW - Cobra Forged Tec (2020) version
Wedges - Vokey 54 and 58
P - Cobra Agera - PTC edition 

11 hours ago, Jore07 said:

Hey all my name is Eric, live in Montana and pretty darn new to the forum and saw this thread. I figured I would jump in and complete the questions and introduce myself a bit.

I started playing golf as a kid, just for fun. I played basically every sport, and golf was another one for the list.  I was never really good but enjoyed it.  I played off and on through high school, never competitively or anything just casually. I continued this trend into my early 20's until I got married and had our first child.  Basically at that point golf took a back seat and I didn't play for again for approximately 11 years. Randomly some friends of mine invited me in early 2021 and the I got the bug again. I couldn't get enough. Got fit, got a whole new set of clubs and haven't stopped playing since. It's great. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap at the momently is around high 12 to low 13. With just coming out of winter and the courses opening up, it's been a slow start to the year. 

Honestly, its a way for me to disconnect in a way. Relax probably isn't the best term, since as we all know golf can be frustrating, but it lets me get away for a few hours with good buddies and just BS, golf, and have fun.  I take the game seriously, and stive to improve but I think overall that's what I enjoy most about golf currently. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Once I got back into the game I was all about searching for reviews and what not. Obviously, that brought me to MyGolfSpy.  Always been reviewing articles and what not since then and then stumbled into the forum recently and decided to sign up.

Where are you from? Huntley, MT What is your home course? Pryor Creek Golf Course 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is its Montana; region is beautiful and has some amazing views and other things besides golf. There are a lot of cool courses in surrounding states as well. I'm hoping to play more of them as I can.  Taking a buddies trip this summer to Idaho to play Coueur D'Alene Resort course, Circling Raven and some others in the area.  A couple not so good things - Winter isn't very conducive to golf. Like all northern states we have a long offseason at times. Also Montana recently seems to have a lot of very nice high rated courses, most of which are very private. That can be a bummer at times. 

Welcome from SE Washington!  Glad you joined us!  We get up to Spokane/CdA quite a bit; my wife are up there.  In past years we've had PNW MGS Meetups as Spokane courses and Circling Raven.  This year we might have a trip to Portland area.  One of our energetic Spys... @fixyurdivot just moved from MT last fall to AZ.  Sad to see him leave the region, b ut we hooked up on our trip to Phoenix in January.

12 hours ago, Jore07 said:

Welcome to the forum, I am also fairly new here but have found a super welcoming atmosphere here so far and really enjoy myself. I am from Rexburg, Idaho going to school currently. Still waiting for the snow to melt to go outside. Hopefully you are having better luck than me. 

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Excited to follow more and ask questions and what not.  Appreciate it. 

WITB

D - Cobra RadSpeed XB
3W - Cobra Radpeed
3h - Ping G425
4-GW - Cobra Forged Tec (2020) version
Wedges - Vokey 54 and 58
P - Cobra Agera - PTC edition 

Just a heads-up to all in the PNW region, but mostly those that might want to join me and my wife for a round(s) of golf in the Bend/Redmond/Sisters area of Central Oregon.  We will be arriving on Sunday, May 14 for my birthday and spending 4 nights at Eagle Crest Resort.

I haven't made tee times yet, but I know that I want to play Black Butte Ranch outside Sisters and Juniper in Redmond.  I will be making a decision on other courses in the next couple of weeks.  Let me know if you want to join us, and I will make tee times accordingly.