Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Our Sponsors

Greetings everyone.

Been playing for 30+ years, HC is at 15.1.

Currently living in San Diego but moving up to Everett in November.

Retired on April 1st after 28.5 years in the Navy.

I absolutely love golf and am looking to get into the industry as a club builder/repairman. I look forward to interacting with you all. 

Working on completing my profile now.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 GEN 2 XF 10.5 deg, reg flex

5 wood: PXG 0341X, reg flex

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex graphite

4 hybrid: PXG 0317 GEN 2

5-PW: PXG 0311 XF, 1/2" over, 1 deg upright, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: PXG 0311 forged

Putter: PXG GEN 2 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Soft

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MGS New Member Introduction: Pacific Northwest Region Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home

Hi Guys and Girls. I'm new to MyGolfSpy, and this is the first forum I have posted to. Have to start somewhere, right? My wife and I live in Friday Harbor, Washington in the San Juan Islands. I'm

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

I absolutely love golf and am looking to get into the industry as a club builder/repairman. I look forward to interacting with you all. 

Welcome aboard sailor.  I think you're going to like it up here in Everett.

• Like 1

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrids 3 & 4

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 5-P

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

On 8/7/2020 at 7:28 PM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Mt massive. Outside of buena vista, CO.

So i didn't get to play any golf on my Colorado trip. Mt Massive was booked full and collegiate peaks course had a bachelor party group show up about 30 minutes before I did and had that small course backed up.  Oh well.  Im not complaining too much, Buena Vista was beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome aboard sailor.  I think you're going to like it up here in Everett.

looking forward to it for sure.

I have never owned a piece of golf rain gear but gonna start purchasing soon.....🤣

1 minute ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

looking forward to it for sure.

I have never owned a piece of golf rain gear but gonna start purchasing soon.....🤣

Yea you might need a little something here. Not as bad as everyone thinks though.  

58 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

Welcome. Do you know what part of Everett you are moving to? I am not that far from Everett.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Welcome. Do you know what part of Everett you are moving to? I am not that far from Everett.

we're looking all around the Everett area...Lake Stevens/Marysville etc.....

8 hours ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

Welcome from the dry side of the state, and thank you for your service.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

This retired MCPO welcomes you to the group!

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -15 years, 5 handicapper

2. What do you love about golf? -Always chasing better scores, meeting people, spending quality time  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? -Found it on instagram

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally Bay Area, CA and now up in wilsonville OR. Don’t have a “home course” but I like Langdon, Stone creek, and OGA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- golf in the summer isn’t too hot. Worst- winter rain

6. What do you do for a living? -Work at dicks sporting goods for the time being, trying to find something more permanent in golf management or sales  just graduated college in 2020

7. How’d you pick your user name? -25 was my baseball number

• Like 1

WITB: All Taylormade- M5 driver and 3W, 2i p790 udi, irons p7TW, Milled Grind wedges, Scotty Newport

Fun Fact: recently retired baseball player turned full time golfer 

2 hours ago, mattr25 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -15 years, 5 handicapper

2. What do you love about golf? -Always chasing better scores, meeting people, spending quality time  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? -Found it on instagram

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally Bay Area, CA and now up in wilsonville OR. Don’t have a “home course” but I like Langdon, Stone creek, and OGA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- golf in the summer isn’t too hot. Worst- winter rain

6. What do you do for a living? -Work at dicks sporting goods for the time being, trying to find something more permanent in golf management or sales  just graduated college in 2020

7. How’d you pick your user name? -25 was my baseball number

Welcome from SE Washington on the Columbia River.  I grew up in Corvallis and graduated from OSU in 1969.  I still travel there to see my dad, but haven't been able to visit because of the COVID lockdown.  

My wife and I have played OGA and Stone Creek, but we never seem to stop at Langdon Farms.  It looks nice from the freeway, but we are always in a rush going either direction... some day!!

Enjoy the forums!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Live out in Black Diamond, Washington. Been away from golf for a couple of years after my dad passed away. Getting back into it. Got some new clubs and set up a practice area. Figure I can get some solid winter work in before going all out next spring. Got my wife some clubs as well and she will join me at times so that makes it easier to get back out. 

I grew up in Kent WA, and have golfed most of my life, just never very well. usually shoot in the 90's or worse. Favorite place to play is Auburn Golf Course. 

New to Spy, but their reviews and data helped me get back into it. I love stats and their approach to things got me excited to get after it. 

Glad to be apart of things.

• Like 3

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

3W: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

Irons: Cleveland UHX 3-PW

Wedges: Still looking...

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle

16 minutes ago, jcm3344and1 said:

Hello all.

Live out in Black Diamond, Washington. Been away from golf for a couple of years after my dad passed away. Getting back into it. Got some new clubs and set up a practice area. Figure I can get some solid winter work in before going all out next spring. Got my wife some clubs as well and she will join me at times so that makes it easier to get back out. 

I grew up in Kent WA, and have golfed most of my life, just never very well. usually shoot in the 90's or worse. Favorite place to play is Auburn Golf Course. 

New to Spy, but their reviews and data helped me get back into it. I love stats and their approach to things got me excited to get after it. 

Welcome,  my condolences on the loss of your father.  I can sympathize.  I have recently returned to the game after a long break.  I'm trying to get my wife involved as well.  She joins me for "dates" at the range.  Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcm3344and1 said:

Hello all.

Welcome to the forums!!  I'm 200 miles east in the desert (and smoke), but it's getting better.  Sorry to hear about your dad; my mom passed away 3 years ago, and my dad isn't doing very well.  There are plenty of great Spys in your area.  Hope you can meet up.

1. Since I was a kid, but actually going on a regular basis, Summer of 2019. I shoot low to mid 80’s

2. I love that every round is different. Some rounds, you get more bunker practice, or you’re stuck behind a tree..

3. I like to scout out new products/clubs. This site has been great about having awesome clubs specs. 

4. Boise, ID - Plantation Country Club

5. Real Estate Agent 

6. It’s my old username at a bank. People started calling me by it, it kinda stuck. 

• Like 2

Oliver

34 minutes ago, OhJohns said:

1. Since I was a kid, but actually going on a regular basis, Summer of 2019. I shoot low to mid 80’s

2. I love that every round is different. Some rounds, you get more bunker practice, or you’re stuck behind a tree..

3. I like to scout out new products/clubs. This site has been great about having awesome clubs specs. 

5. Real Estate Agent 

6. It’s my old username at a bank. People started calling me by it, it kinda stuck. 

@fixyurdivot and I were briefly discussing a Boise golf trip in the next month. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

@fixyurdivot and I were briefly discussing a Boise golf trip in the next month. 

I'm in!!

Just now, Kenny B said:

I'm in!!

Getting the band back together! We need to work out some dates

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

4 hours ago, OhJohns said:

5. Real Estate Agent 

Welcome from 270 miles up the Interstate!  I have an uncle who lives in Nampa.