Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Our Sponsors

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  

I have been competitively playing for about 2 years.  Been dabbling for around 5 years.  Got my handicap down from a 28 to a 10.7.

What do you love about golf?

I love how no matter how good you can get, there is always room for improvement.  It’s the ultimate side hustle.  Work is always going to be work, but I strongly believe that your passions are going to be where your hobbies and family lie.  Golf is th ehobby that always leaves you wanting more.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Do you already know any other Spies? 

Honestly, it was the golf ball test that drew my attention to MGS.  I don’t know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Osoyoos, British Columbia.  Yes, I know I’m in Canada, but we share the border with Oroville.  My home course is Osoyoos Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

Best is that our golf season is on average at least 8 months long which is ridiculous for Canada.  Cost for a membership is also cheaper at some of the courses here if you’re under 40.  The worst would be that my home course uses refuse water on everything so the greens end up inconsistent and slow...and everything smells like poop.

What do you do for a living? 

I’m a sports chiropractor.

How’d you pick your user name? 

First and last initial, Doctor of Chiropractic, and I’m Titleist Performance Institute certified.

• Like 3
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MGS New Member Introduction: Pacific Northwest Region Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home

Hi Guys and Girls. I'm new to MyGolfSpy, and this is the first forum I have posted to. Have to start somewhere, right? My wife and I live in Friday Harbor, Washington in the San Juan Islands. I'm

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JCDCTPI said:

I have been competitively playing for about 2 years.  Been dabbling for around 5 years.  Got my handicap down from a 28 to a 10.7.

I love how no matter how good you can get, there is always room for improvement.  It’s the ultimate side hustle.  Work is always going to be work, but I strongly believe that your passions are going to be where your hobbies and family lie.  Golf is th ehobby that always leaves you wanting more.

Honestly, it was the golf ball test that drew my attention to MGS.  I don’t know any other spies.

I’m from Osoyoos, British Columbia.  Yes, I know I’m in Canada, but we share the border with Oroville.  My home course is Osoyoos Golf Club.

Best is that our golf season is on average at least 8 months long which is ridiculous for Canada.  Cost for a membership is also cheaper at some of the courses here if you’re under 40.  The worst would be that my home course uses refuse water on everything so the greens end up inconsistent and slow...and everything smells like poop.

First and last initial, Doctor of Chiropractic, and I’m Titleist Performance Institute certified.

Welcome aboard.  You said you're a doc and now you're going to get tons of health questions!  Be prepared.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrids 3 & 4

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 5-P

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

4 hours ago, JCDCTPI said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  I'm straight south of you about 4 hours.  That's quite a drop in HC from 28 to 10.  Nice!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Been golfing since last year 2019, so about a year. My handicap is about 23.

1. What do you love about golf? The challenge and thrill of hitting a great shot as well as a personal development tool to better my relationship with myself and my thoughts. It forces me to get out of my head and into my body.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am looking for a community where I can connect with other fellow golfers since I have become a little obsessed with the sport.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Wenatchee, WA - 3 Lakes is my home course, but I have been going to HIghlander quite a bit lately.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have several courses to choose from within a 30 minute drive. The worst is that they are all overpriced for the most part besides 3 Lakes. This is becoming a retirement community so they target those demographics for better or worse.

5. What do you do for a living? I am a business banker for a credit union.

6. How’d you pick your user name? Jessi is my nick name that I have gone by my entire life and big dog, well cuz a golfing buddy has been calling me that since I am tall, so it just kinda stuck. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jessi.bigdog said:

1. What do you love about golf? The challenge and thrill of hitting a great shot as well as a personal development tool to better my relationship with myself and my thoughts. It forces me to get out of my head and into my body.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am looking for a community where I can connect with other fellow golfers since I have become a little obsessed with the sport.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Wenatchee, WA - 3 Lakes is my home course, but I have been going to HIghlander quite a bit lately.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have several courses to choose from within a 30 minute drive. The worst is that they are all overpriced for the most part besides 3 Lakes. This is becoming a retirement community so they target those demographics for better or worse.

6. How’d you pick your user name? Jessi is my nick name that I have gone by my entire life and big dog, well cuz a golfing buddy has been calling me that since I am tall, so it just kinda stuck. 

Welcome Jessi.  Glad you joined us.  I live in the Tri-Cities and have played a few courses near Chelan.  Wenatchee is beautiful country; used to ski in my younger days at Mission Ridge; also autocross at Pangborn Field and the Pine Canyon Hill Climb just before you get to Waterville.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, jessi.bigdog said:

Welcome Jessi,  I need to get out that way and play Highlander.  I've heard its a pretty nice course.  I'm in Everett.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome Jessi,  I need to get out that way and play Highlander.  I've heard its a pretty nice course.  I'm in Everett.

Although expensive, you need to get to Gamble Sands in Brewster.  Same architect as Bandon Dunes.  

Make it a weekend and play GS, Desert Canyon and Bear Mountain Ranch.  But don't pick a windy day!!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Although expensive, you need to get to Gamble Sands in Brewster.  Same architect as Bandon Dunes.  

Make it a weekend and play GS, Desert Canyon and Bear Mountain Ranch.  But don't pick a windy day!!!

Is there ever an afternoon in Eastern Washington when it's not windy, except when its triple digits?  

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Is there ever an afternoon in Eastern Washington when it's not windy, except when its triple digits?  

Sure, same amount of days that its not wet or rainy in western Washington!

Cliff Mass Weather Blog: Does it REALLY rain all the time in Seattle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

This weekend...  High 85 sunny and wind less than 10 mph.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Great to connect on here. My name is Jacob as you can see from my username. Not sure how or if I can change it lol. I live in Bend, OR and a member of Broken Top. Just joined this year. I really got into golf in the last couple of years. Took my first lesson this year and completely hooked now. My handicap is 27, but my goal is to be consistently shooting in the 90s next summer. Still have some work to do. Looking forward to connecting with folks. 

• Like 3

Playing mostly Mizuno Hot Metal, but just added an Epic Flash 26* hybrid to the bag. 

3 minutes ago, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Hi everyone. Great to connect on here. My name is Jacob as you can see from my username. Not sure how or if I can change it lol. I live in Bend, OR and a member of Broken Top. Just joined this year. I really got into golf in the last couple of years. Took my first lesson this year and completely hooked now. My handicap is 27, but my goal is to be consistently shooting in the 90s next summer. Still have some work to do. Looking forward to connecting with folks. 

Welcome aboard Jacob.  Looking forward to hear how you progress.

8 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome aboard Jacob.  Looking forward to hear how you progress.

Thanks bro! I’ll be sure to keep you posted. 

Playing mostly Mizuno Hot Metal, but just added an Epic Flash 26* hybrid to the bag. 

On 10/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, Kenny B said:

Hey this is great stuff. Not too familiar with WA golf. My buddy and I talked about taking a trip to WA. Gonna have to make sure this is on the list. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Hey this is great stuff. Not too familiar with WA golf. My buddy and I talked about taking a trip to WA. Gonna have to make sure this is on the list. 

It's fun.  I enjoy playing in Bend/Redmond/Sisters too.  Usually make it down there once a year; missed this year because of COVID.  Several of us PNW Spys were planning a trip for June 24.  Maybe next year.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Welcome to MGS!

Always glad to see more members from Central Oregon! Also Broken Top is absolutely one of my favorite courses over here. Definitely helps that I got married there and my low 9 hole round is on the front 9

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Welcome @Jacob.fain.21, make yourself home there's beer in the fridge... 😆

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 10/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, Kenny B said:

It's fun.  I enjoy playing in Bend/Redmond/Sisters too.  Usually make it down there once a year; missed this year because of COVID.  Several of us PNW Spys were planning a trip for June 24.  Maybe next year.

I may be game for this if that is still a plan

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro Black 63 

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up  **Testing :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid**

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs or :taylormade-small: TP5 pix 2.0

:Arccos:

20 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

I may be game for this if that is still a plan

We'll keep you in mind.  @Thin2win and @fixyurdivot and I went to Circling Raven at Lake Coeur d'Alene because others dropped out of the Bend trip.  We can certainly try for Bend again next year or any other options depending on who signs up.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, Kenny B said:

We'll keep you in mind.  @Thin2win and @fixyurdivot and I went to Circling Raven at Lake Coeur d'Alene because others dropped out of the Bend trip.  We can certainly try for Bend again next year or any other options depending on who signs up.

@Kenny B Do you have dates set in stone? I have a couple of weeks off during that time  so I could make it over.

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX