Jump to content

Evnroll Putters


Jhigdon13
 Share

Recommended Posts

Majority on here will love these putters. I have never gotten one on course, but from what I can feel in store they are money. I would love to spend hours on a putting green trying them out and seeing the consistency across the face. 

  • Like 2

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

 Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lot of putters. I love putters, I collect them. 

I travel for work and finished at a customer early that was near a PGA Superstore. I spent 6 hours in the store hitting every putter in there. I kept gravitating back to the Evenroll. Ball dispersion and distance was just so damn consistent compared to every thing else. The feel off the face, just wow.

Since June 14th, 2018, I have owned the 34" ER8.

I'm a stats fanatic, I track everything.

I reset all my stats every year. 

My average putts per hole per year;

2016 = 2.0

2017 = 1.9

2018 = 1.8 (Evnroll purchased half way through season)

2019 = 1.6 (18 rounds so far)

 

Love it

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Any thoughts on the "Gravity Grip"?

gravity_grip_black_800x800.jpg

 

 

Edit:  Nevermind, I found it on my expert resource !   

https://mygolfspy.com/tested-evnroll-gravity-grip/

  • Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Any thoughts on the "Gravity Grip"?

gravity_grip_black_800x800.jpg

 

 

Edit:  Nevermind, I found it on my expert resource !   

https://mygolfspy.com/tested-evnroll-gravity-grip/

There are some reviews on the forum as well.  I think jlukes stopped using the grip.   I have tried it but don't have any gamer experience.   I think the review on the main site is pretty accurate.  

  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There are some reviews on the forum as well.  I think jlukes stopped using the grip.   I have tried it but don't have any gamer experience.   I think the review on the main site is pretty accurate.  

I had some points to spend on Amazon and it only ending up costing me $13.00 bucks so not so afraid to take the leap. 

  • Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gamed the Gravity Grip for 5+ months and finally took it off. Personally, I couldn't feel the putter head through the stroke with the 120g putter grip and 355g head. The grip itself feels great (I still think the best grip out there for my setup is the Ping PP61) but it was too heavy. If I had a 370g head at 35.5" with the gravity grip, then maybe I would've kept the grip on the ER5. I tried to add lead tape (14g) to the putter head and by that time, the overall weight of the putter was getting heavy but the feel for the head wasn't where I wanted it. I recently removed the GG in favor of a SS Pistol GT 2.0 that comes in closer to 60g. I have the feeling back in the head and I roll the ball just as well. I think the GG is great for counter balancing a putter but it won't do you any good if the head is too light. 

 

  • Like 3
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I gamed the Gravity Grip for 5+ months and finally took it off. Personally, I couldn't feel the putter head through the stroke with the 120g putter grip and 355g head. The grip itself feels great (I still think the best grip out there for my setup is the Ping PP61) but it was too heavy. If I had a 370g head at 35.5" with the gravity grip, then maybe I would've kept the grip on the ER5. I tried to add lead tape (14g) to the putter head and by that time, the overall weight of the putter was getting heavy but the feel for the head wasn't where I wanted it. I recently removed the GG in favor of a SS Pistol GT 2.0 that comes in closer to 60g. I have the feeling back in the head and I roll the ball just as well. I think the GG is great for counter balancing a putter but it won't do you any good if the head is too light. 

 

I have the SS Pistol GT 2.0  on my TA #3 and it feels awesome.   

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive used one and compared it to the Scotty and few other high quality milled putters. It feels better than in insert scotty but its the same as every other milled putter out there. Nothing groundbreaking. same head shapes, same look at address, same weight and feel.  Its very nice but nothing different

  • Like 1

I try other brands...keep coming back to Titleist....why??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm getting a new putter in the near future:

61854195_894502544226511_566259805428528

https://www.instagram.com/p/By8pd4jl_-q/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, yungkory said:

Guess I'm getting a new putter in the near future:

61854195_894502544226511_566259805428528

https://www.instagram.com/p/By8pd4jl_-q/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

My ER2 is still firmly entrenched in my bag. Absolutely love it!

  • Like 2

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice if Evnroll would give a classic blade option to the Lefty crowd.  Probably the major reason this will never go in my bag.

Did try the ER7 for a week, but it was confirmed quickly that I am a blade guy.

 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

My ER2 is still firmly entrenched in my bag. Absolutely love it!

Mine is streaky as hell and @mr.hicksta is a bad influence making me want to give a mallet another chance

  • Haha 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Mine is streaky as hell and @mr.hicksta is a bad influence making me want to give a mallet another chance

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 💎💎💎 9º | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | Fujikura Ventus Red 7S
:callaway-small: Apex 21 3H 19º | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S
:srixon-small: Z785 4-AW | Project X LS 6.0
:edel-golf-1: SMS 54
º T and 60º T | Project X LS 6.0
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

Mine is streaky as hell and @mr.hicksta is a bad influence making me want to give a mallet another chance

Ha! I know what you mean. Actually....you liked one of my posts in the Taylormade Spider X thread...and ever since I got that notification...guess what I've looking for...haha

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Ha! I know what you mean. Actually....you liked one of my posts in the Taylormade Spider X thread...and ever since I got that notification...guess what I've looking for...haha

It's funny that people who are bagging ER2s are also liking the Spider X. Makes 3 of us if you include @jlukes. I mentioned it in another thread, but I absolutely love how easy it seems to line up. The face insert is pretty nice as well, not overly soft like the Stroke Lab I was testing earlier this year.

  • Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

It's funny that people who are bagging ER2s are also liking the Spider X. Makes 3 of us if you include @jlukes. I mentioned it in another thread, but I absolutely love how easy it seems to line up. The face insert is pretty nice as well, not overly soft like the Stroke Lab I was testing earlier this year.

Yea. I had the black spider tour when it came out and liked it. Just love the shape of the Spider X but for some reason it doesn't fit my eye well at address, but it's something I could live with if it rolls well. Just need to figure out which neck style to go with. This also may sound stupid...but I'm also not a fan of how easy Spiders seem to chip...which is one reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

  • Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent a week on vacation but came back to a couple of dots of patina/rust on the topline of my ER2.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday, but has anyone else had this problem?? 

*I don't recall putting the head cover back on with any water on the putter, but the rust is making me think otherwise.

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I spent a week on vacation but came back to a couple of dots of patina/rust on the topline of my ER2.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday, but has anyone else had this problem?? 

*I don't recall putting the head cover back on with any water on the putter, but the rust is making me think otherwise.

I have not, but mine has a Black ox finish right now.  But wouldn't matter, stainless steel will rust, if you get it and keep it wet or chlorides and moisture (from salt, fertilizer) etc.  Its stain"less", not stain"proof".  I would not consider this an Evnroll issue, but a stainless steel issue.  It may have happened to a number of Evnroll putter, but would be a use and care issue.

Nice little article from GE, https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=16654

  • Like 1

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM M5, 15*, Diamana Thump 75S / TM M5, 19*, Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: TEE C721 22*, KBS TGI 80S

Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55*, 60*, Accra 80i S
Putter: Evnroll ER1.2, 355g, KBS Tour One Step, 33", SS Mid-Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / BagBoy Quad XL
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Sky Caddie SX 400 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dbdors said:

I have not, but mine has a Black ox finish right now.  But wouldn't matter, stainless steel will rust, if you get it and keep it wet or chlorides and moisture (from salt, fertilizer) etc.  Its stain"less", not stain"proof".  I would not consider this an Evnroll issue, but a stainless steel issue.  It may have happened to a number of Evnroll putter, but would be a use and care issue.

Nice little article from GE, https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=16654

I appreciate the link. I am going to put a little gentle elbow grease into getting the ER2 cleaned up. 

I was surprised to see the rust, not because of Evnroll nor the stainless steel used, but because I thought I had taken better care of my putter.  No doubt the rust was because of me.

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I appreciate the link. I am going to put a little gentle elbow grease into getting the ER2 cleaned up. 

I was surprised to see the rust, not because of Evnroll nor the stainless steel used, but because I thought I had taken better care of my putter.  No doubt the rust was because of me.

Understand, if you are religious about keeping the head cover on it, could have been something that stuck inside the head cover, like a little water and some fertilizer from the green.

  • Like 1

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM M5, 15*, Diamana Thump 75S / TM M5, 19*, Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: TEE C721 22*, KBS TGI 80S

Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55*, 60*, Accra 80i S
Putter: Evnroll ER1.2, 355g, KBS Tour One Step, 33", SS Mid-Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / BagBoy Quad XL
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Sky Caddie SX 400 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...