Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The "I don't give a cr@p about Tiger's marriage, I want to see him play GOLF!" thread

Golfware

If someone says "buy this because I say so" then they are trading on the fact that you can trust them in what they say. That same someone can't then turn around and say "don't look to me". It's trying to have it both ways. IMHO, once you put yourself out there, you've got to live up to at least a minimum level of behavior. Again...that's why the company advertising the product is paying you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Professional athletes ARE role models to many people, but I guess my point is that they shouldn't be.

I think parents should be good enough role models for their children that kids never have to look to athletes for role models. Also, kids should know better (or be taught to know better) that they should overlook the downside to athletes if they want role models. By that I mean picking and choosing different traits they like in that person.

I think parents should be good enough role models for their children that kids never have to look to athletes for role models. Also, kids should know better (or be taught to know better) that they should overlook the downside to athletes if they want role models. By that I mean picking and choosing different traits they like in that person.

"Should" is the key word in your posts. And that's a whole lotta "should". :lol:

There should be no murder...there should be no theft....there should be peace in the world. Unfortunately, we gotta deal with the way things are...not the ways things should be. Just sayin'. :)

Archived