TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you do for a living?

mudfish

18 minutes ago, jimfoley said:

In Seattle, at West Seattle Golf Course. 

I had a good friend and jazz pianist in Seattle that I used to play golf with in Seattle before he passed away a few years ago... Deems Tsutakawa

https://deemsmusic.com

We played a number of courses in the area and the munis are quite nice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I retired 5.5 years ago.  I chase golf balls now.  Play 120-150 rounds per year.  Watch way too many internet golf videos and watch golf on tv.  I also cut the lawn, clean the pool, take out the trash and clean up after meals.  

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

53 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I had a good friend and jazz pianist in Seattle that I used to play golf with in Seattle before he passed away a few years ago... Deems Tsutakawa

https://deemsmusic.com

We played a number of courses in the area and the munis are quite nice.

west seattle is the best of the munis by far. in perfect condition and h chandler egan, who designed it , also designed pebble beach. wonderful views too. u should play it if you are down here. and inexpensive too

14 minutes ago, Caddie1966 said:

I retired 5.5 years ago.  I chase golf balls now.  Play 120-150 rounds per year.  Watch way too many internet golf videos and watch golf on tv.  I also cut the lawn, clean the pool, take out the trash and clean up after meals.  

sounds a lot like me. 

39 minutes ago, Caddie1966 said:

I retired 7 years ago and do pretty much the same thing.  However, the only videos I watch are ones from my golf coach... too many contradictions!!  My wife and I play golf a lot (she plays more than I do), and we also split all the chores.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I retired 7 years ago and do pretty much the same thing.  However, the only videos I watch are ones from my golf coach... too many contradictions!!  My wife and I play golf a lot (she plays more than I do), and we also split all the chores.

My wife also plays but she doesn’t play in the Texas heat.  She plays twice a week when it’s below 90.  We play as a couple on Sunday mornings and she plays with the ladies on Wednesdays.

We also split chores. I take care of the outside and she does most of the inside work and cooking except when we grill something.  We play some parts of the Robert Trent Jones trail in Alabama every year and she enjoys those tracks.  She doesn’t like to play the high cost resort/bucket list places because she doesn’t think she would enjoy them.  However she has played in Maui and Kauai and Hilton Head. 

Neither of us play in many tournaments but did play a lot of couples golf when our daughters were learning the game back in the 90s.

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

I have a distribution company that supplies specialty products in construction, restoration and manufacturing industries.  Semi retired last year at 50.  Will never stop working completely, prefer to work when and number of hours at my discretion.

I have been thinking of starting a new company next spring.  I enjoy the risk of a new startup.  Once a business is stable and profitable it becomes boring for me.  The rush is when every decision could lead to profit or bankruptcy.  That is the time it is fun.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 2 months later...

A old thread I always like to bring up for those new members here. 

But I also have an update. I still work as an Ice Tech for curling halls and events for the WCF, but I've also applied and hope to hear back soon about a new position in addition to this work as a member of the World Curling Federation Technical Commission. 

Essentially it is a group from around the world tasked with ensuring better ice conditions for championships, how to make better curling facilities, better or education system within the WCF and much more. I've gotten word that good news could be coming soon, but still have to wait. 

When the commission opened in 2018 I applied, but due to being Canadian and less experienced wasn't selected. There can only be one member per country and Canada has a lot of great ice techs. Now living is Switzerland the rep stepped down and the other techs here don't have interest in joining so it is a very good opportunity.

The other part which still is a long shot, but possible is being selected for the Olympics to make the ice. Which is my main career goal. Getting on this commission would help that.

Dont worry it wouldn't take away from my Mod duties, but only provide more stories and potential international content.

This is just simply another thing to add to my work list and help support my family, build my career and expand my knowledge as well as share that knowledge with others.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m the employee health and fitness coordinator at our local hospital. Been there for almost 8 years now 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I am the Project Manager for an Electrical Contractor here in Penticton, running the security division and looking over the entire south Okanagan, similkameen valley, Kootenays, and Thompson Nicola Valley. I have 10 years experience as an electrical Foreman in both service and commercial/residential builds. I left electrical for the deterioration of my mental health that was exacerbated by the pandemic on my industry. 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

I'm retired but worked in Semiconductor chip design for nearly 40 years laterly Program Management but also Business Management and Operations. Mostly for American Multinationals; Seagate, Cadence, Qualcomm and Cirrus Logic were the big ones.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

A old thread I always like to bring up for those new members here. 

But I also have an update. I still work as an Ice Tech for curling halls and events for the WCF, but I've also applied and hope to hear back soon about a new position in addition to this work as a member of the World Curling Federation Technical Commission. 

Essentially it is a group from around the world tasked with ensuring better ice conditions for championships, how to make better curling facilities, better or education system within the WCF and much more. I've gotten word that good news could be coming soon, but still have to wait. 

When the commission opened in 2018 I applied, but due to being Canadian and less experienced wasn't selected. There can only be one member per country and Canada has a lot of great ice techs. Now living is Switzerland the rep stepped down and the other techs here don't have interest in joining so it is a very good opportunity.

The other part which still is a long shot, but possible is being selected for the Olympics to make the ice. Which is my main career goal. Getting on this commission would help that.

Dont worry it wouldn't take away from my Mod duties, but only provide more stories and potential international content.

This is just simply another thing to add to my work list and help support my family, build my career and expand my knowledge as well as share that knowledge with others.

Good luck!!!  Olympics would be a blast!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list