caddyjoe77

P90x -- Anyone here finished it?

What is the food plan side of it like? Calorie control? Protein/Carb/Fat ratios?

Calorie control and ratios. I like the "portions" version of the meal plan where they lay out how many servings of each category you get per day. For example, in stage 1, you should eat ___ proteins per day (they explain what constitutes 1 protein) and ___ carbs per day, and veggies, fruits, dairy, etc. There's also a version where they give you actual recipes and meals to make, but that wouldn't have worked for me.

Calorie control and ratios. I like the "portions" version of the meal plan where they lay out how many servings of each category you get per day. For example, in stage 1, you should eat ___ proteins per day (they explain what constitutes 1 protein) and ___ carbs per day, and veggies, fruits, dairy, etc. There's also a version where they give you actual recipes and meals to make, but that wouldn't have worked for me.

Sounds good. Someone telling me to "eat this stuff" is helpful. I think that I will be checking this out.

What is the food plan side of it like? Calorie control? Protein/Carb/Fat ratios?

Food plan in excellent. First month it is a High Protein, no carb thing, then it morphs into a 1/2 and 1/2 plan, then more of a 1/3 2/3 deal. plenty of calories and more food than I was eating before the Plan began... Unfortunately, there is no beer meal. I need to figure that out...

Thanks for the info. I have to ask the out of shape, embarrassing question. How many pull-ups does one need to be able to do to start this? I have almost completely suppressed the memories of Presidential fitness testing in high school.

when I got started, I could barely do 3, Now I can knock out 8-9 pretty regularly. It really is hard, but fun....

BRING IT!!

Sounds good. Someone telling me to "eat this stuff" is helpful. I think that I will be checking this out.

I agree. I think for weight loss the nutrition plan is actually more important than the workouts.

This might be a dumb question - but does it have to be 90 days? i just don't see me sticking to something that intense for that long. would be great for the winter but then you throw in thanksgiving, christmas, new years - all tough roadblocks to staying on the schedule. summer I play in tournaments and know I would bag the program due to an event.

that being said - i guess the point is to commit to the program, no excuses...

I think that is a valid question. 90 days is a big time investment. I was successful at dropping pounds with atkins and they have stayed off because I have kept the low-ish carb diet going for three years. I think that I will try this system, as much as my time and schedule permits. Even if not 100% in, it sounds like I will see some improvement.

Obviously, any amount of working out is going to benefit you. P90x will show you gains in as little as 14 days, but the big body transformations that you see on tv happen in the last 30 days. To really get the max out of the program, you should do the whole thing, but some is better than none at all

Obviously, any amount of working out is going to benefit you. P90x will show you gains in as little as 14 days, but the big body transformations that you see on tv happen in the last 30 days. To really get the max out of the program, you should do the whole thing, but some is better than none at all

So you made it through the whole program? Without touching the amber diet-killing liquid?

This might be a dumb question - but does it have to be 90 days? i just don't see me sticking to something that intense for that long. would be great for the winter but then you throw in thanksgiving, christmas, new years - all tough roadblocks to staying on the schedule. summer I play in tournaments and know I would bag the program due to an event.

that being said - i guess the point is to commit to the program, no excuses...

You don't need to do 90 days. Occasionally, I get on a 5-10 day kick and I find that to be helpful. Obviously, 90 is optimal for getting the full benefits, but I think 60, or even 30, is better than nothing. Saying it's 90 or nothing is like saying you shouldn't start being healthy if you're not going to commit to working out forever.

So you made it through the whole program? Without touching the amber diet-killing liquid?

I drank during my 90 days and still lost almost 40 pounds. I just factored it into my eating for the day and tried to keep it to a minimum. Moderation in all things, except golf.

You don't need to do 90 days. Occasionally, I get on a 5-10 day kick and I find that to be helpful. Obviously, 90 is optimal for getting the full benefits, but I think 60, or even 30, is better than nothing. Saying it's 90 or nothing is like saying you shouldn't start being healthy if you're not going to commit to working out forever.

I drank during my 90 days and still lost almost 40 pounds. I just factored it into my eating for the day and tried to keep it to a minimum. Moderation in all things, except golf.

40 POUNDS, WITH DRINKING!!!??!!!

You should get paid for that testimonial. I am going to do this. dropping 20 would be ideal here.

40 POUNDS, WITH DRINKING!!!??!!!

You should get paid for that testimonial. I am going to do this. dropping 20 would be ideal here.

It was pretty crazy. I thought I had 20 to lose and the weight just kept coming off.

It was pretty crazy. I thought I had 20 to lose and the weight just kept coming off.

So I should budget for new clothes too. :lol:

So maybe the first time through, or early on with the bands and then graduate to the bar when I can hit the reps?

honestly, you dont have to be able to do 1 regular pullup. Either use the bands or else do what most do including myself and that is to use a chair. Similar to the weight assisted machine at your local gym. Pullups are not easy.

honestly, you dont have to be able to do 1 regular pullup. Either use the bands or else do what most do including myself and that is to use a chair. Similar to the weight assisted machine at your local gym. Pullups are not easy.

The chair is a great tip. I have no clue how many I can do. I avoid them like the plague at the gym.

So I should budget for new clothes too. ;)

Yes, P90X is going to make shooting your pants even more unrealistic.

The chair is a great tip. I have no clue how many I can do. I avoid them like the plague at the gym.

ok, again total honesty here. I could do 2 half assed non assisted pullups before i started. The first week i could get between 8 and 12 depending on the grip. Now i am almost finished with the 2nd week and i have moved the chair farther out which makes the pullup much more difficult and can do 13 and 10 as the cycles go.

You will improve so much so fast you will be amazed. Ab Ripper X...hell i couldnt hardly do anything because i sit at a computer chair all day and use my mind instead of my body....i was one inflexible dude. Now, i can at least make a great attempt at some of the harder ab ripper exercises. Just wait...you will see. ;)

just do it. 3 months is not really a lot of time. Dedicate yourself...it will build a great foundation for any future workout plans. Some nights i come home drained, not wanting to do it but i push play anyway...when i am done i feel like a million bucks.

You will improve so much so fast you will be amazed. Ab Ripper X...hell i couldnt hardly do anything because i sit at a computer chair all day and use my mind instead of my body....i was one inflexible dude. Now, i can at least make a great attempt at some of the harder ab ripper exercises. Just wait...you will see. :lol:

just do it. 3 months is not really a lot of time. Dedicate yourself...it will build a great foundation for any future workout plans. Some nights i come home drained, not wanting to do it but i push play anyway...when i am done i feel like a million bucks.

Ab Ripper X is, IMO, the biggest beast in the program. If you can honestly say that you did the entire thing, every rep, no breaks, on your first try...my hat is off to you. I thought I had good core strength going in and I got wasted by it. The best thing is that it's fast and simple, so you can still use it even if you're not really doing the program anymore.

Ab Ripper X is, IMO, the biggest beast in the program. If you can honestly say that you did the entire thing, every rep, no breaks, on your first try...my hat is off to you. I thought I had good core strength going in and I got wasted by it. The best thing is that it's fast and simple, so you can still use it even if you're not really doing the program anymore.

i would agree with that, i dont see anyone being able to do that the first time through, even a friend of mine who is a spec ops dude...no way no how.

I've heard that about the ab work and that the plyometrics is the next hardest.

I was in above avg shape my whole life until about 10 yrs ago when kids started coming along. Since then I went from my playing weight of 190lbs up to 230lbs. I've just recently started working with a personal trainer, and am getting in shape again. After I finish my sessions with my personal trainer, I am thinking of doing the P90X or P90.

I've also heard some people do P90 as a warm-up to tackle P90X.