Our Sponsors

Still waiting on my V3 here in Canada. It shipped from UK on 19th and looks like it finally got to Customs yesterday. Now will have to see how long it takes to calculate their taxes and mail it to me.  Been very frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

Quick update for those interested. I played 2 full 18 holes with the V3 yesterday with battery life to spare. both rounds lasted just about 4 hours and i shut off the watch in between rounds. I played at two different courses because the first course was sold out for the rest of the day so no replay! I used auto putting and L1 GPS satellites. 

• Like 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Posted (edited)

Update on my lost round, unfortunately it looks like the GPS dropped after the 1st hole, so nothing ended up being recorded.  I guess when they initially said my round was there they could see I hit play, but didn't see it was dropped.  They did ask me if I could still get yardages and hit pincollect throughout the round, which I could, so there was no indication the GPS dropped.  I'll see if they say anything else, but at the very least I hope this alerted them of a possible issue that can hopefully be addressed.  From what I have seen their team is on top of things, so I don't expect ongoing issues.  This is the first time a GPS drop has ever caused a round to be lost since I've been using the V2 and now V3.

Edit: literally just got an email back, they are looking into the firmware to ensure a GPS drop does not occur.  They also said this is highly unusual behavior from the band, which my own experience reflects.  So hopefully it won't happen to anyone else.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

Update on my lost round, unfortunately it looks like the GPS dropped after the 1st hole, so nothing ended up being recorded.  I guess when they initially said my round was there they could see I hit play, but didn't see it was dropped.  They did ask me if I could still get yardages and hit pincollect throughout the round, which I could, so there was no indication the GPS dropped.  I'll see if they say anything else, but at the very least I hope this alerted them of a possible issue that can hopefully be addressed.  From what I have seen their team is on top of things, so I don't expect ongoing issues.  This is the first time a GPS drop has ever caused a round to be lost since I've been using the V2 and now V3.

Edit: literally just got an email back, they are looking into the firmware to ensure a GPS drop does not occur.  They also said this is highly unusual behavior from the band, which my own experience reflects.  So hopefully it won't happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the update mate. Hopefully you'll be cool going forward.

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I asked this question on the other V3 thread and have not received an answer... so. I'll ask here.  I see many saying battery life is roughly 50% longer than the V2, but how about charging time?  The V2 takes ~5 hours.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I asked this question on the other V3 thread and have not received an answer... so. I'll ask here.  I see many saying battery life is roughly 50% longer than the V2, but how about charging time?  The V2 takes ~5 hours.

I haven't timed it out and haven't had my V3 battery drop below 50% yet, but from about half charge it got to full fairly quickly, certainly seemed to be much less than 2.5 hours.  I don't know about the claim of 50% more battery life, my V2 would be at about 40% after a 4 hour round using tracking and GPS, V3 is 50-60%.  First time out with it I played 18 in 3 hours with GPS and tracking, left the band on overnight by accident, and had 67% when I plugged it in the next day.

I'm playing a couple rounds over the next few days so I will try to remember to time the battery charging.  If I still have at least 55% battery after one round I'll play the second on the same charge to drain the battery and try to time a full charge.

• Like 3

I'll time mine. Just put it on the charger at 8am with 57% battery.

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, MattF said:

I'll time mine. Just put it on the charger at 8am with 57% battery.

Took 50 minutes, so 10 minutes per 10%. In theory it should take 1 hour 40 minutes from dead flat.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

Well, that is certainly an improvement over the V2 and makes a second afternoon 9 or 18 possible.  Once the V2 is used for an 18, it's pretty much done.  I just acquired a V2 from a fellow spy and like it... except the really long charge time. They should look into an integrated solar charge design.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, that is certainly an improvement over the V2 and makes a second afternoon 9 or 18 possible.  Once the V2 is used for an 18, it's pretty much done.  I just acquired a V2 from a fellow spy and like it... except the really long charge time. They should look into an integrated solar charge design.

In the event V4 adds a new feature, you'll know where they got the idea 🙂.

image.png.85eb76f70f5fcaf91183feee02c83ba6.png

On 7/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, MattF said:

Took 50 minutes, so 10 minutes per 10%. In theory it should take 1 hour 40 minutes from dead flat.

@MattF that is assuming the charging logic is linear. I believe most charging logics are logarithmic? Like charge really fast up to a certain point then trickle charge to full to preserve battery life? all i know is the V3 definitely charges much faster than the V2

On 7/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I haven't timed it out and haven't had my V3 battery drop below 50% yet, but from about half charge it got to full fairly quickly, certainly seemed to be much less than 2.5 hours.  I don't know about the claim of 50% more battery life, my V2 would be at about 40% after a 4 hour round using tracking and GPS, V3 is 50-60%.  First time out with it I played 18 in 3 hours with GPS and tracking, left the band on overnight by accident, and had 67% when I plugged it in the next day.

I'm playing a couple rounds over the next few days so I will try to remember to time the battery charging.  If I still have at least 55% battery after one round I'll play the second on the same charge to drain the battery and try to time a full charge.

I played 2 full 18 holes this week. Both rounds lasted about 4 hours. I shut the watch off between rounds and did not charge. At the end of the 2nd 18, I had yellow battery life but not sure of the percentage. I was on default settings for GPS satellites and sleep between shots. Auto putting.

• Like 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

I had a weird issue happen to me the other day where I played a full round, hit end round on the 18th green, then a few hours later went to sync to mobile and edit/finalize the round.  Somehow it just wasn't there, no history in the band, and the app will not pick up the new round.  I have a support conversation open with ShotScope so I will update here if there is a resolution, but I was curious if anyone else had that happen to them, and if so did you solve it.  They did tell me they can see the round played on my account, I guess it's just in purgatory or something.  
So far I've tried logging out/back in to the app and deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.  Left it connected to the band via Bluetooth for about 10 mins, refreshing periodically, but it didn't pick it up.

I had it happen the same way, so I just set it aside and the next day it synced.....WTH.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

On 6/26/2020 at 7:30 AM, GetInTheHole said:

Hi guys, 

I currently have a garmin VA4 which is so frustrating to use for golf so it is being returned. The 3 pack of Ct10 sensors i also purchased with it are equally as useless and being returned. 

I am looking at the shotscope V3 as it looks to be built by golfers for golfers  and would really appreciate if anyone could answer a few questions please?

1. Can you see your score half way through the round or the previous hole scores on the watch?
  2. Do you get your score at the end of the round?
  3. Does it detect every shot and if not can you quickly add other strokes on once you are at the pin collect stage for example lost balls +2 etc

Bit worried the watch would become a distraction and i would be worried it is not detecting strokes and my score will not be accurate? See a lot of people talking about post editing on V2 which  sounds frustrating as i would not remember the scores and strokes on every hole to check / verify it is correct..

Ultimately trying to make sure i do not buy something which will not live up to my expectations of a fully automated system apart from manually adding penalty strokes which i assume you press a button for when needed?

Ok,  I have been using the system for a couple of years.  You cannot see the score ongoing nor at the end of the round until synced.  It detects pretty well but I would say it averages 1-5 missed shots a round (out of an average score for me of 80 so 5/80 is about a 5-6% error rate.)   This however is not as terrible as you might think.  Remember that as you go through the round to verify on the dashboard later, it is showing you an overlay of the course on each shot you hit.  This jogs your memory very well and I have no problem realizing that I didn't hit it 380 yards on hole #7 and that it missed my nine iron that I hit onto the green.  So I just drop that shot in where I hit it from.  Easy Peasy.  The advantage to the system is the statistics that you can pull out of it as the season progresses.  You can easily determine what your up and down percentages are, what are your percentage of sand saves, putts per hole average, greens in regualtion, etc.  You also can filter for proximity to pin from 80, 100, 120, or any metric you choose.  This real knowledge is invaluable if you are working on your game.  For instance for all last year I was almost 60% in sand saves but was terrible in short pitches.  So I know in a bind I am better off out of the sand than pitching over the sand trap. I am also three putting way too often missing short putts.  So this year I am working on putting and chipping/pitching.  I wouldn't use it to determine your club distances because of variables in club usages from shot to shot (into the wind, against the wind, half shots, chips, knockdowns, flubs...etc)

So I would say it depends on why you use the watch and how you view your relationship with the game.  If you want to just keep score and know distances with some info on number of putts and greens in regulation then a Garmin would be your choice.  If you want a real statistical analysis to aid in improving your game then Shotscope is a great choice despite some weaknesses.  Realize also that you can use the Shotscope in GPS only mode just to view your yardages.  

Hope that helps

Kevin

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

@fixyurdivot over the weekend I drained the battery to 12% after 2 full rounds that took roughly 4 hours each.  Fully charged from there in about 1.4 - 1.5 hours, so that's about on par with what others have reported.  I also had a lengthy period where I just left the band on to use as a watch to try to drain the battery more, after a 3.5 hour 18 hole round today I was sitting at 68% charge from starting full.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler
  • Like 1

I'm getting very tempted by this. Introductory pricing lasts for another few weeks so I've got time to think (and read) about it.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I used my V3 for the first time today.

The watch was 64% charged right out of the box and took about 20 minutes to reach 100%.

Setup was quick last night. I spend approx. 45 minutes total for the download, sync and replace V2 tags with the new ones. Most of that time was spent engineering a workaround to install the tag on my putter and new driver. My putter has a weight at the top of the grip so I've always added my putts after my rounds instead of attaching the tag with glue. I decided with my V3 I would figure out how to make it work on my putter. Following another spy's idea I used black electrical tape. I cut the putter tag stem to less than 1/8", stretched a piece of tape over the top to hold it in place and then wrapped the tape around the grip. My driver (Cobra F8) came with the Arccos connect tag embedded in the grip which I managed to pop out but the extra piece holding that tag was glued on tight. I manage to screw the Shot Scope tag partially into grip hole showing down in the larger hole left by the Arccos tag and then gave it the same electrical tape treatment. Not the prettiest setup but it works for now.

IMG_2926.jpg.4dcf5ed13c2afa17fab0822f9adb1630.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg.a132603e903ee9acda329a42162a77a5.jpg

I turned the watch on as a drove to the first tee. Finding the course for the first time took about 2 minutes. It only missed two shots in my round which were both a SW. I also had a several missing putts but I caused those errors by forgetting to log my putts and note where the pin was. Note to self - don't hurry off the green!

My biggest problem was reteaching my brain that there were only two buttons on the left side of the watch instead of the 3 on the V2. I like this smaller sleeker V3. Much better for my smaller arm.

What I didn't like was an issue when editing my round to add my putts and missed SW. The software gave me a choice of any club that I had ever registered with Shot Scope instead of only what I had setup as currently in "My Bag" profile. This same problem happened when editing my V2 rounds and I had hoped the new software would have fixed that issue. I have registered three sets of clubs in my Shot Scope account which means for some clubs three colors show up for the same club. I use  a mix of clubs from all sets. So when adding the missed SW shot I had to exit my round and go back to "My Bag" profile find out what color SW was currently using.

Overall I do like Shot Scope. It is definitely the best option for me.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Man, I was really hoping Arccos would have more information about the Link by now. Might just say screw it and go with Shotscope soon 

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Blog post dropped this morning....

https://mygolfspy.com/shotscope-v3-gps/

So I've used V3 for three rounds so far. Overall, functionality is very similar to V2 - the occasional missing shots (I hit one from under a tree that somehow didn't get picked up, another one from the woods did - go figure). Editing remains very easy, and I do like the Provisional/Penalty/Lost ball feature on the watch - makes the editing easier. A note - if you've never used a shot tracking system, there WILL be post round editing. It's not hard, but plan on it for every round.

As others have mentioned, the battery life is much improved - I have tried playing 36 in a day yet, but the battery level may drop to around 58-60% after a round. Haven't timed how long it takes to charge.

All that aside, the size of the thing is the big plus. If you compared it to V2, it's David Spade's Richard to Chris Farley's Tommy Boy.  I'm also excited for the prospects of G3 - it's basically the exact same watch, only without shot tracking capabilities. For under $200, it's going to be a winner for them. 

An insiders tip - if you are interested in either unit, I'd jump on it quick. I have a feeling they'll sell out by the end of the month. Just sayin....

• Like 3

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I purchased ShotScope V2 in May. Such a bummer. V3 looks so much better. The problem I have noticed is with penalties. Taking a drop isn't straight forward. You would think it would be easier to take a drop with stroke and distance or a lateral drop. My second concern is my devices misses about 4 stroke per round. The GPS numbers are spot on. 

Rick  

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Blog post dropped this morning....

https://mygolfspy.com/shotscope-v3-gps/

So I've used V3 for three rounds so far. Overall, functionality is very similar to V2 - the occasional missing shots (I hit one from under a tree that somehow didn't get picked up, another one from the woods did - go figure). Editing remains very easy, and I do like the Provisional/Penalty/Lost ball feature on the watch - makes the editing easier. A note - if you've never used a shot tracking system, there WILL be post round editing. It's not hard, but plan on it for every round.

As others have mentioned, the battery life is much improved - I have tried playing 36 in a day yet, but the battery level may drop to around 58-60% after a round. Haven't timed how long it takes to charge.

All that aside, the size of the thing is the big plus. If you compared it to V2, it's David Spade's Richard to Chris Farley's Tommy Boy.  I'm also excited for the prospects of G3 - it's basically the exact same watch, only without shot tracking capabilities. For under $200, it's going to be a winner for them. 

An insiders tip - if you are interested in either unit, I'd jump on it quick. I have a feeling they'll sell out by the end of the month. Just sayin....

Thanks to the article I learned it was available through Dicks! Had some gift cards so my order has been placed!

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X