Sign in to follow this  
THE52Real-MVP

Power loss in driver swing?

Our Sponsors

I think I’m losing potential distance with my driver. My 7 iron goes around 195 (number is average carry from club fitting with p790) and I’m hard pressed to get 250 carry with driver. Do these numbers match or is there a problem? I hit pretty close to the center of the face each time with a few exceptions.

https://youtu.be/Jaupk9krGps

Some may try to come in here and talk about lofts and that it’s not really a 7i but rather a 6 or 5 or whatever number someone throw it it and such but ignore that. Hitting a 30* club 195 and your driver only 250 max yes that’s not right. 

The best thing to do is go to the fitter and look at your numbers and see where you are losing the distance from. 

If you posted your swing to get feedback asking on a forum isn’t a wise choice unless you get the one or two coaches on here to respond. If you are looking for swing advice find a teaching pro to work with. 

• Like 1

That's some monster carry for a 7i (or 6i whatever). You should definitely be longer than 250 with the driver. Do you have LM numbers to look at?

Do you have swing speed numbers for both 7i and driver? 

I don’t know my swing speed numbers ( I know I probably should of looked at them when I got fitted). I’m going to go to a fitter as RickyBobby_PR suggested to get on a monitor to see the numbers. I never got fitted for my driver so I’m thinking I need a different shaft.

12 minutes ago, THE52Real-MVP said:

I don’t know my swing speed numbers ( I know I probably should of looked at them when I got fitted). I’m going to go to a fitter as RickyBobby_PR suggested to get on a monitor to see the numbers. I never got fitted for my driver so I’m thinking I need a different shaft.

The numbers you want to get are launch angle, peak height, land/descent angle (term varies by monitor brand), spin, dynamic loft and spin loft.