Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Clubs for my lady

Hello

I'm wanting to surprise my wife with golf clubs.. as she has been using my dads clubs. She tried the Kalea clubs at a golf course once and fell in love with them. Since then I got her a Kalea driver and putter. So I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on an iron set that would be similar to Kalea clubs? Or just a good iron set for beginners? Taylormade Kalea only sells the Driver and putter by themselves.

I was looking at Women's King F9 5-PW SW Iron Set with Graphite Shafts but I see that they are for more experience players? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I don't exactly know about the comparison to TM Kalea clubs, but when I am able to buy my Wife a set of clubs I will be looking into some used Adams or maybe Cleveland.

My Wife has used my mothers Cleveland set and she liked them a lot, so they might be something to look into.

Best of Luck!

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Depending on the price point, I would look at surprising her with a fitting and getting the clubs. A good fitter will be able to figure out what she likes about the Kalea and figure out what will work best within those preferences and for her swing speed/ability level. The No Putts Given podcast had a great conversation about this a week or two ago and really it shouldn't be about "ladies clubs" but what will work best within swing speed/height.

If a full on fitting won't really work, then look at her swing speed and where she is in the game. A used set of "super game improvement" irons with shorter senior flex shafts might wind up being a similar price to a box set and perform much better. You can also go to a place like GigaGolf.com (that's where my clubs are from) or GolfWorks and custom build something for half the price of name brands.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Depending on the price point, I would look at surprising her with a fitting and getting the clubs. A good fitter will be able to figure out what she likes about the Kalea and figure out what will work best within those preferences and for her swing speed/ability level. The No Putts Given podcast had a great conversation about this a week or two ago and really it shouldn't be about "ladies clubs" but what will work best within swing speed/height.
If a full on fitting won't really work, then look at her swing speed and where she is in the game. A used set of "super game improvement" irons with shorter senior flex shafts might wind up being a similar price to a box set and perform much better. You can also go to a place like GigaGolf.com (that's where my clubs are from) or GolfWorks and custom build something for half the price of name brands.

I whole hardly agree on the fitting. Give her a gift certificate for the fitting and make one up for a new set of irons. My wife had a driver fitting about 3 months ago and after trying several different brand and shaft combinations she ended up with a 410 plus and a men's senior flex shaft. Similar thing happened last year at her iron fitting, she ended up with big Bertha irons and recoil shafts. None of the "ladies" clubs worked for her.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I would get my clubs from Golfworks. The M890 is the set designed for women and slower swingers. You can have them built to your specs when you buy the paks. 

If you don't like them, you can return for a refund. 

Iron set $220s, hybrid $70s, fairway in the $60s. 

Here is a link: https://www.golfworks.com/paks/c/10015/filter/100000000229eq100000001952/

I own a lot of product from them. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

+1 for a fitting

Since we don't know much about your wife, it's hard to make any recommendations.

Is she a total beginner that needs help to get the ball airborne, what's her SS, etc...

If she's tall and athletic, she might even benefit more from a men's set with a stiffer shaft.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT