Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I forgot to take off my Fitbit while playing and noticed my V3 had not picked up any clubs, I took my Fitbit off on the 2nd hole and turned my V3 off and on again and still only picked up one hole, the 4th in all 9.

Could  I have caused damage to the V3 watch by wearing the Fitbit on other wrist?

Its worked fine over the last 10 or so rounds.

Hoping it’s sorted itself as playing again in a few days.

I wear a Fitbit on my right wrist and my V3 on my left, never had an issue.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, jlukes said:

Hmm not sure.  Some fitbits have RFID/NFC, which is what Shotscope V3 uses.  Perhaps the Fitbit created interference.  

I started wearing the Fitbit on my ankle to get my steps in, forgot for one hole and it seems messed up now, not recognising the tags manually either. Shotscope looking into it though. Thanks for info

6 hours ago, MattF said:

I wear a Fitbit on my right wrist and my V3 on my left, never had an issue.

I started wearing the Fitbit on my ankle to get my steps in, forgot for one hole and it seems messed up now, not recognising the tags manually either. Shotscope looking into it though. Thanks for info

If the RFID on the two devices did somehow interfere with each other, wearing them on two different wrists wouldn't be much help.  When I hold a club, my wrists are rarely more than a couple of inches apart.  Perhaps that's why the user manual explicitly states the following:  (Pay special attention to the last sentence)

"Step 1: How to wear the watch In order to provide automatic shot detection, Shot Scope uses both the watch and the tags. The two must be within a 10cm range of each other at all times when a shot is being played. If you grip down the club or wear the watch high on the wrist the range may become too great for the watch to function and the shot may not be recorded. The watch should always be worn with the screen on the outside of the wrist, it’s the strap that detects the tags so having the strap closer to the tags will improve performance. You should also not wear any ION bands, metal or other devices on your wrists as this may affect the performance of the Shot Scope."

Fitbit's NFC payment and ShotScope's RFID use the same frequencies and has a range of 1.2m

https://fccid.io/2AHWR-SS04

https://fccid.io/XRAFB512

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag