Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

15 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Can you share with us what they suggested you do?

I'm cautiously optimistic that it's working OK, results will be determined on Sunday.

This is what they sent me:

You need to make sure that the watch is turned off and actually has a decent amount of charge.

Could you also please try a firmware reset on the watch? To reset your watch hold down the crown button top right, you will see firstly the screen going blank, after that you will see the X5 logo appear on screen, finally you will then see a screen with options. You can let go of the crown button now.

Press the crown button twice until 'Factory Reset' is selected. Then press the bottom right button to confirm this selection. Your watch will now reboot with the factory firmware.

Please connect the watch to the app and sync the latest firmware onto the watch before playing again.

You then have to connect to the app and follow instructions, same as setting it up from new.

Again, everything seems normal but I won't know until I play on Sunday.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

43 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that it's working OK, results will be determined on Sunday.

You need to make sure that the watch is turned off and actually has a decent amount of charge.

You then have to connect to the app and follow instructions, same as setting it up from new.

That recommendation has worked for me and others. It's their equivalent of CTL-ALT-Del for PCs. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Oh no Matt, hope it’s okay.

On another note, got an email yesterday, my replacement X5 will be delivered on Wednesday!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

28 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Oh no Matt, hope it’s okay.

On another note, got an email yesterday, my replacement X5 will be delivered on Wednesday!

That was fast! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

12 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That was fast! 

Well, I dealt with the issue since June so I guess they acted pretty quick once they could not figure out how to fix it. My watch was working, just duplicated the round on the upload to my iPad. I really do think their Customer Servivce is top notch.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

1 hour ago, MattF said:

A factory reset. Got it. Thanks!

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

I think my v3 is about to the end of it's useful life.

my last 2 rounds the battery barely lasted 18 holes and they were within the 4-5 hour timeframe.

if I understand correctly these rechargeable batteries can not be replaced and will wear out over time and multiple charging cycles (I had a pair of headphones that did that).

I guess I'm outta luck...

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

my last 2 rounds the battery barely lasted 18 holes and they were within the 4-5 hour timeframe.

if I understand correctly these rechargeable batteries can not be replaced and will wear out over time and multiple charging cycles (I had a pair of headphones that did that).

That's right mate, can't replace them.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

I'll bet you can buy a inexpensive 'slightly used' V3 here - lots of us bought X5's during the special deal earlier this year. A quick shoutout might generate some interest. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@StrokerAce I have my old V3 plus a full set of tags, if you're interested.

In the bag:

Bag: 

App is updated for iOS and Android. The maps feature is REALLY cool and better then my GHIN app - since the latter requires too many menus to start.  FYI, my phone app didn't automatically upload - I had to go into the App store to download the latest version. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

The other day, I fully charged my X5 watch to 100%. After unplugging it, I went to sleep with the intention of wearing it the next day. However, when I woke up, the watch was at 51% and stuck on the charging display instead of going into sleep mode.

Yesterday, while heading to the golf course for a quick 9 holes, I plugged in my watch in case I decided to play 18. Upon unplugging it, the watch still showed the charging screen and wouldn't change. I had to perform a reset and sync to get it working again.

I have attached the shot from yesterday after I unplugged it and it still shows charger. 86603d431a27a9389bda5b41bbda3aa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

My replacement X5 has arrived! So I only got to use my V3 twice this week. I’ll be back on the X5 on Friday. Thanks Shot Scope!

Tried the new on-course GPS (within the smartphone app) today.

While it is a really nice feature, and ok for an initial release, I'll admit I was slightly underwhelmed with it overall....

A few things I noticed...

• Yardage .. on straight away comparisons .. was a little off vs the X5 - approx 4 - 8 yds each time I checked.
  • Yardage vs reference markers in the ground was also slightly off, and also slightly different vs what the watch was reading.
  • ** No auto advance to next hole??!!???
  • Forward / Back arrows to go hole to hole did NOT work for me.... (had to pull up the hole selection sub menu, pick your hole, then tap again to hide that sub menu).
  • Workaround = tapping on the white marker at bottom right .. from which you're asked to swipe to return to map .. and then you get to the proper hole.
  • After the round - there does not seem to be a "Finished?" button.... I did not refer to the GPS anymore after about hole #14 maybe .. and deleted ShotScope from running in the background .. yet later, off the course, when I went in to connect device and Sync my round the screen showed it as still active and asking if I wanted to "Resume" .. again, no obvious "Finish" button....
  • Workaround = in the phone app on the Rounds screen you need to tap the "+" pain again and *then* a dialog asks if you want to continue or exit....

All that aside - yes you can get intermediate distances to hazards or doglegs, etc.; yes it worked better (much better, actually) vs the GPS in Supreme Golf (like GolfNow) or vs the one in the Tag Heuer app; and yes it is helpful info and I do like the aerial views on a new to you course.

Just a little enhancing of the UI / UX, please 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

After the round - there does not seem to be a "Finished?" button....

I only used and looked at the aerial view in GPS, on-course mode, on a couple of holes. It showed up as an additional round on the app when I connected my watch and synched it. IIRC, if you swipe up from the bottom, you get an option to end the round. I'll have to double-check that the next time I play (next Monday).

Unlike other golf apps, the Shot Scope app has to account for CONNEX functionality and being solely used for GPS for us other V2/V3/X5 users. I am certainly not an app developer, so I imagine the differentiation in functionality  would be somewhat difficult?

The factory reset did not stick. Bezel doesn't work again and I can't shut it down. When I navigate to the shut down option using the touch screen the X5 just vibrates and doesn't do anything else.

Already replied to SS CS letting them know and that I expect to get a replacement and not muck around trying different things as there's something else going on with mine.

In the bag:

Bag: 

It only took two hours to do the firmware update. Constant reconnect issues when I was only 20 ft from my router. I would get 10% then it would kick off. I would reboot and it would kick out at the same place, 10%. I then disconnected everything, logged out and assigned a new password, then reconnected via Bluetooth and tried again, got to 30% then it dropped the update. This happened maybe 6 times before I got passed to about 75% before it dropped the update. I rebooted the update and was very happy when I finally got 100%! 

Ready to give it a go on Friday!

5 hours ago, MattF said:

The factory reset did not stick. Bezel doesn't work again and I can't shut it down. When I navigate to the shut down option using the touch screen the X5 just vibrates and doesn't do anything else.

Already replied to SS CS letting them know and that I expect to get a replacement and not muck around trying different things as there's something else going on with mine.

CS sent me a form to send back with the watch and tags. Once I email them the receipt from USPS showing the postage, they're going to send out another watch and reimburse me the postage.

In the bag:

Bag: 

4 hours ago, MattF said:

CS sent me a form to send back with the watch and tags. Once I email them the receipt from USPS showing the postage, they're going to send out another watch and reimburse me the postage.

Matt, very quick process and I already have the credit for postage back on my card….

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

It only took two hours to do the firmware update. Constant reconnect issues when I was only 20 ft from my router. I would get 10% then it would kick off. I would reboot and it would kick out at the same place, 10%. I then disconnected everything, logged out and assigned a new password, then reconnected via Bluetooth and tried again, got to 30% then it dropped the update. This happened maybe 6 times before I got passed to about 75% before it dropped the update. I rebooted the update and was very happy when I finally got 100%! 

Ready to give it a go on Friday!

Hmm it'd be interesting to find out why you had the issues. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hey all just an fyi... Gonna give my X5 a rest for a while - have not been keeping up with editing my rounds, so my stats are not updated .. so haven't been looking at them... Not sure if I'm gonna sell vs hang onto the watch, but have already removed the sensor tags from my clubs. Have another GPS watch that seems accurate (and has all the hazard info plus hole layout overview you can zoom in on).

I think what I'm most interested .. right now .. in knowing about my game is...
1. tee shots - % not playable that require a punch-out/recovery shot;
2. putting - 1st putt distance from hole and number of putts to finish.

I know #2 is covered in the SS stats .. *assuming* you've captured all the putts and properly edited your round with all the most accurate-you-can-remember putting positions and pin location data.

Prob will just track those two things the old-fashioned way - scribbling on a scorecard (not really interested in a phone-based app + data entry).

What's more important for me, at this point in my game, is to focus on good course management and better shot execution........................

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'm waiting for an update that can enhance battery efficiency. Today, I participated in a scrabble golf tournament using my X5 exclusively in GPS mode. Despite starting with a full charge, after a slightly over 5-hour round, my battery plummeted to just 11%. This unpredictable battery drain leaves me uncertain whether my watch will endure an entire round each time I use it.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I'm waiting for an update that can enhance battery efficiency. Today, I participated in a scrabble golf tournament using my X5 exclusively in GPS mode. Despite starting with a full charge, after a slightly over 5-hour round, my battery plummeted to just 11%. This unpredictable battery drain leaves me uncertain whether my watch will endure an entire round each time I use it.

I believe I've identified a potential issue. When I use my unlocked X5, I noticed that the battery dropped significantly to 11% and 4% while riding in a cart. Typically, when I walk the golf course, my battery hovers around 40%.

My theory is that having my watch unlocked might lead to unexpected battery drain due to excessive movement, but this is just a guess.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

17 hours ago, nupezb said:

My theory is that having my watch unlocked might lead to unexpected battery drain due to excessive movement, but this is just a guess.

I only use mine unlocked. It is on approximately an hour before teeing off, then about three hours for the round itself, then another half hour or so to get home and upload the round. I don't think my battery life has ever shown less than about 55% (usually 60% or better) when I plug it in.

I only use mine unlocked. It is on approximately an hour before teeing off, then about three hours for the round itself, then another half hour or so to get home and upload the round. I don't think my battery life has ever shown less than about 55% (usually 60% or better) when I plug it in.

Impressive! That’s roughly my total time too. I’m happy with having 40% when done. Again, I’m not sure what is causing the battery drain differences.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Haven't heard back from CS yet on when my replacement is shipping.

In the bag:

Bag: 

22 hours ago, MattF said:

Haven't heard back from CS yet on when my replacement is shipping.

Funnily enough SS sent me an email giving me the refund details for the return postage and telling me that a new X5 will be dispatched in the next day or two.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:55 PM, cksurfdude said:

Hey all just an fyi... Gonna give my X5 a rest for a while - have not been keeping up with editing my rounds, so my stats are not updated .. so haven't been looking at them... Not sure if I'm gonna sell vs hang onto the watch, but have already removed the sensor tags from my clubs. Have another GPS watch that seems accurate (and has all the hazard info plus hole layout overview you can zoom in on).

I think what I'm most interested .. right now .. in knowing about my game is...
1. tee shots - % not playable that require a punch-out/recovery shot;
2. putting - 1st putt distance from hole and number of putts to finish.

I know #2 is covered in the SS stats .. *assuming* you've captured all the putts and properly edited your round with all the most accurate-you-can-remember putting positions and pin location data.

Prob will just track those two things the old-fashioned way - scribbling on a scorecard (not really interested in a phone-based app + data entry).

What's more important for me, at this point in my game, is to focus on good course management and better shot execution........................

It's funny @cksurfdude - I am at almost the same place as you.  I keep collecting data, doing edits scribbling notes and now wonder what value it provides.  I confess that knowing club distances was instrumental for me, and I now know what that looks like.  But as you mention, there are a few metrics that ARE important and not yet embedded conveniently in the existing data platforms - like as you mention useful drive %, and things like lag putting effectiveness (especially for third and fourth putts 🙂 ).  I've also (mostly) moved on to strategy and technique. Strokes gained is interesting, but I haven't found a reliable way to leverage SG in term of practice methods etc.  I also dabbled in DECADE (foundation level) this year and that helped me find out what matters at a macro game level.  But it has been an interesting journey for sure.

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:55 PM, cksurfdude said:

Funny,  kind of exactly the point I reached with shot tracking.   I go thought my round when I get home and can identify what went wrong and that helps me build a plan.  I found I didn’t need the detailed shotscope metrics to tell me things.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got an email from SS this morning. New X5 has been shipped and should arrive on Tuesday.

In the bag:

Bag: