Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Starting 2023 - more evening golf!

gavinski91

US Senate just approved a bill that would make Daylight Savings time permanent, effective March 2023. Just needs to go through the House and get signed by the president. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-approves-bill-that-would-make-daylight-savings-time-permanent-2023-2022-03-15/?utm_source=reddit.com

I know for me, the time change in the fall always cuts my golf season short, preventing me from getting any weekday rounds after work. Really excited to finally see this happen!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Same here - I love those post work rounds (and bike rides too), I'm all for getting more of those in with more light in the evening! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Can easily play into late November after work if this stays 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Finally.  I've been a supporter of #trashthetimechange movement for years.  I absolutely hated having to re-adjust to time changes.  AZ and HI haven't recognized this since 1968 and, amazingly, survived.  A heartfelt thank you to those brave states for showing us the way.  Oh, but wait, we're talking about a bill that needs to get through the House without some theatre... cautiously optimistic 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 3/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, fixyurdivot said:

AZ and HI haven't recognized this since 1968 and, amazingly, survived.

I just realized the advantage @Chisag and others have... the extra evening rounds during the late fall/winter!!  Best time of year to play in south Texas...I'm a huge supporter of nixing the time change!!  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

I just realized the advantage @Chisag and others have... the extra evening rounds during the late fall/winter!!  Best time of year to play in south Texas...I'm a huge supporter of nixing the time change!!  

The early bird players will hate the fact that it will be dark until 8am during the winter months.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, lilevine said:

I don't know how many of you will remember that back in 1974 during the gas crisis this was tried.

The law was shortly repealed when it was realized that some parts of the country would have an 8 AM sunrise.

True, except for area in the western side a time zone, sunrise would be close to 9am in December and January.  It was too dangerous for kids to walk to school in pitch black nighttime.  That was it was repealed almost immediately. 

But some people can't think about consequences beyond their own gratifications. 

Most of Indiana never changed time till about 15 years ago. Permanent daylight savings is a better alternative so as not to change our time twice a year. More time in the evenings for families to spend time together outside as well more evening golf to. 

Golfnut

I am a fan of not having DST at all versus permanent DST. As @mharr noted above, there are serious safety ramifications that resulted the last time this was attempted.

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

1 minute ago, MisterT said:

I am a fan of not having DST at all versus permanent DST. As @mharr noted above, there are serious safety ramifications that resulted the last time this was attempted.

However, having lived in Ohio most of my life, I do appreciate DST for spring thru fall.  Sunrise is early enough in April and October, and that extra hour of daylight in the evening for outdoor activities is helpful for spring golf, softball, baseball, tennis or what have you.  Personally, I think the current time change is best solution to the most people.

Well that would SUPER SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Here in MN theres a few months in winter that the suns only up for 8 hours give or take. Some of us will be working in the dark longer now. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

4 hours ago, GolfNut14 said:

Most of Indiana never changed time till about 15 years ago. Permanent daylight savings is a better alternative so as not to change our time twice a year. More time in the evenings for families to spend time together outside as well more evening golf to. 

But Indiana stayed on Eastern Standard Time.  I might be OK with that  but hard no to 9AM sunrises. 

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, gavinski91 said:

US Senate just approved a bill that would make Daylight Savings time permanent, effective March 2023. Just needs to go through the House and get signed by the president. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-approves-bill-that-would-make-daylight-savings-time-permanent-2023-2022-03-15/?utm_source=reddit.com

I know for me, the time change in the fall always cuts my golf season short, preventing me from getting any weekday rounds after work. Really excited to finally see this happen!

Another reason I love living in AZ, what's daylight savings time? 🤣🤣

On 3/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, gavinski91 said:

I have mixed emotions about it now that I'm retired.  7 years ago it was nice to get off work and play 9 or even 18 some days.  Since I can play anytime I want, I haven't really played much in the evening.  There is something about mixing sunscreen with mosquito repellant 🤔... probably causes cancer or something.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

There is something about mixing sunscreen with mosquito repellant 🤔... probably causes cancer or and something.  🤣

Fixed it for ya 😉.

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

I wish they would just split the difference and leave it alone.  Take a half hour from the current time.  It would be perfect all year round.

Someone will probably bring this option up during the HOR review/vote and 😱...

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I am, and have always been, a dew sweeper, so anything that impacts getting off early in the morning is unappealing to me.

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

On 3/15/2022 at 4:39 PM, gavinski91 said:

Not trying to be a downer, but don't get your hopes up yet. Things are not simple when it comes to Guberment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/03/19/permanent-daylight-saving-time-house/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 1 month later...

No change here for us AZ folk. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x