Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Upgrading bag piecemeal

CLaw

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

Snow is on the ground but the simulator winter league is right around the corner here. I went out for a few shots and realized I have lost my 9 iron last time I went out and “shared” my bag with another person. I had already replaced my driver and 5 wood with PXG after the Tour Edge heads broke off, as well as a PXG putter, so my bag is already a mix. Now that my 9 iron is missing, I’m trying to figure out how to replace it best. I can’t find the same irons individually since it was the Bazooka 375 set, and I hit them fairly well. How do you guys recommend upgrading and maintaining bags club by club?  I’ve started looking at other clubs (Rogue, PXG 0211) to line up the lofts to try and keep some similarity to my gaps, but hopefully you guys can share some of your experiences on upgrading club by club. 

Thanks!

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe

While going by loft to try and gap the bag one has to look at the club design as well. Vcog will play a factor in how one gets along with a club and if loft for loft it gaps right, along with shaft length.

Best bet is to get fitted, but if that isn’t in the cards go hit your clubs against what you are interested in and see how they match 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks RickyBobby!

We don’t have a lot of options for fittings here. The one place in town only carries a couple options but I may give it a shot. 

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe

I second the fitting recommendation. If you just want to replace the 9 iron for now, 2ndSwing.com sells individual irons with a 30-day guarantee on used clubs. Sub70 has a demo program that lets you demo the 6 and 9 irons of an iron model for 10 days for about $20. New Level Golf sells individual irons (you can buy a 7 iron at a reduced cost if you want to demo it). I do not know if this solves your problem, but a demo might give you a good idea of what you need to gap your set. 

Thanks guys. It sounds like the thought in general is to buy whatever club fits that gap best. I’ll see if there is a single iron at the box store here and if I can try it between the 8 and P clubs I have. I may spend some time on those other sites too. 

Thanks everyone!

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe