Toulon design Monaco small batch

ChippyJ

Hey guys and girls

Hope we’re all well.

Keen golfer and fully got the bug, 18 months and wish id of started years ago!

Anyway, I entered a comp for the latest Toulon Design Monaco small batch..............and won!

I’m unsure if I should use it, keep it for future value in years to come or sell it now. What would you do?

Cheers

I don’t like Mallet putters and for the price that the small batch typically get for resale, I’d sell now because I don’t think they have the prestige to maintain that value for a longer hold. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I don’t like Mallet putters and for the price that the small batch typically get for resale, I’d sell now because I don’t think they have the prestige to maintain that value for a longer hold. 

Thanks for the reply. What do these generally resell for if I was to sell straightaway?

2 minutes ago, ChippyJ said:

Thanks for the reply. What do these generally resell for if I was to sell straightaway?

Didn't you just win the opportunity to buy one?  Am I misreading the post from the other page with the image included?  Seems like all you won was the chance to buy...how much are they asking for it? That should give you a rough estimate of how much it's worth.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Didn't you just win the opportunity to buy one?  Am I misreading the post from the other page with the image included?  Seems like all you won was the chance to buy...how much are they asking for it? That should give you a rough estimate of how much it's worth.

Yes, I've won the chance to buy and I am buying one. I was asking what people might do in my situation. Keep it for personal use, keep it for future value (if any) or sell now for unknown price? 

Just now, Golfspy_Lukes said:

If you want to sell it, sell it now. 

Toulon really doesn't have anywhere near the "collectability" as Scotty, Bettinardi and all the other "high end" botique putter brands.

Thanks for the sensible reply.. And before I commit to buy, will it be certain to go for more than the purchase price in your opinion? 

9 minutes ago, ChippyJ said:

Yes, I've won the chance to buy and I am buying one. I was asking what people might do in my situation. Keep it for personal use, keep it for future value (if any) or sell now for unknown price? 

Well, that's tricky, at least without a little more info.  I have no idea what the cost of the putter will be to you, so that's part 1.  I would assume it's going to be at least $400-ish, given that's what the non-limited-run putters go for brand new.  In doing a very cursory Ebay search, there do seem to be some INSANELY high prices for different limited edition putters, but no one seems to be buying them.  The risk is that you'd have to either set it at a ludicrous price (as others are doing) and no one buys it, or you set it as an actual auction and risk not getting what you're hoping for (you can always set the minimum bid to be over what you paid, of course).

Here's the page I searched, if it's helpful - but the ones with actual bids are few and far between. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=small+batch+toulon+putter&_sacat=0

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

21 minutes ago, ChippyJ said:

Based on eBay sold items, the small batch models sell for about $1000 to $1500.  The seven style is generally pretty desirable so maybe higher end of that range.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Well, that's tricky, at least without a little more info.  I have no idea what the cost of the putter will be to you, so that's part 1.  I would assume it's going to be at least $400-ish, given that's what the non-limited-run putters go for brand new.  In doing a very cursory Ebay search, there do seem to be some INSANELY high prices for different limited edition putters, but no one seems to be buying them.  The risk is that you'd have to either set it at a ludicrous price (as others are doing) and no one buys it, or you set it as an actual auction and risk not getting what you're hoping for (you can always set the minimum bid to be over what you paid, of course).

Here's the page I searched, if it's helpful - but the ones with actual bids are few and far between. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=small+batch+toulon+putter&_sacat=0

You should have clicked and viewed the sold listings 😁

my guess he is paying close to $800 for the small batch. 

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You should have clicked and viewed the sold listings 😁

my guess he is paying close to $800 for the small batch. 

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Thanks for the link and your advice. I think I may end up playing it... ! 

5 minutes ago, ChippyJ said:

£1299.00 

More than I would have expected.   Based on that, those prices may be a bit low since I don’t know how limited they all were.   I doubt you would lose money, but you can never tell but If you play it I would say you definitely will since it is probably more of a collectible.   You could alway put a price on it prior to playing and see if you get someone to buy at a price you want to get. 

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

More than I would have expected.   Based on that, those prices may be a bit low since I don’t know how limited they all were.   I doubt you would lose money, but you can never tell but If you play it I would say you definitely will since it is probably more of a collectible.   You could alway put a price on it prior to playing and see if you get someone to buy at a price you want to get. 

that's the plan. Ill put the feelers out and see what comes, if no interest then I'll play it, it if feels nice! Previous  experience of standard Toulon's are that they feel very nice off the face. This should be no exception, in fact for the price it should be exceptional 😀

Spoiler
Spoiler

55 minutes ago, ChippyJ said:

that's the plan. Ill put the feelers out and see what comes, if no interest then I'll play it, it if feels nice! Previous  experience of standard Toulon's are that they feel very nice off the face. This should be no exception, in fact for the price it should be exceptional 😀

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Can you do us all a favor and at the very least post photos of it when you do get it?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Can you do us all a favor and at the very least post photos of it when you do get it?

you can see some teaser photos here:

• 3 weeks later...