Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Hacker60521 said:

Good morning to this group! I’ve been a spy for a while, and checking the forum is part of my morning routine. But for some reason I never popped into this thread. Wow what a nice way to start the morning!

@MattWillGolf , I hope you and your wife are doing better and hope for a speedy recovery for both of you. @Wheelieb congratulations on retirement. I retired a couple of years ago as we were coming back from Covid. Long story short, you’re not going to miss work. You’re going to see how much you’ve missed because of work.

I’m in Chicago, so courses are still a bit meh. So back to the sim today to work on long irons.

Be well everyone!

Yeppers… The “Good Morning “ thread is the go to support animal for golf addicts starting their day… ENJOY. 

1 minute ago, TSauer said:

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! It’s a beautiful, sunny Friday here in Missouri. Took the day off to play golf… of course! 

Threw the MGS headcover on my driver, in hopes it will bring me some good juju! 

Have a good day, gang! 

IMG_5182.jpeg.02e4bb8fff1edec6bb6df0dd712f03f5.jpeg

I like that headcover!  Good luck on the round

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Yeppers… The “Good Morning “ thread is the go to support animal for golf addicts starting their day… ENJOY. 

“Yeppers"...  Something I haven’t heard since my very good friend and colleague passed away 6 years ago.  Thanks for bringing back that memory!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!!  @Dead Solid Bogey and @William P… sorry I didn’t post yesterday… thanks for pointing that out in the Good Evening thread.  It’s good to be missed, I guess!  Wife and I had a couple of errands to run, and for some reason she asked if I wanted to walk 9 holes; something she doesn’t want to do very often.  Couldn’t say no, could I? 😃

The weather was sunny but a little cool at 54º.  I did want to see how bad the course is after aeration… not bad really!!  Not an aggressive punch on the greens and they rolled pretty well.  Had to bump the ball out of the plug holes in the fairways.  I treated this as a practice round, so I brought my Ping reverse armlock Kuchar-style putter to try out.  Had decent speed with it and made a 6-inch birdie putt. 🤣  Still doesn’t feel as good as my regular Ping putter; I need to work with setup and ball location.  I did get in 9000 steps according to my Garmin S62 watch.

Here’s a pic walking down #7 looking to the SW where most of our weather comes from; also looking in the direction of our house.  We made it back to the clubhouse just before a few sprinkles started and the wind hit with 45-50 mph gusts; blew my stand bag over in the parking lot while loading clubs in the trunk.  As we left the parking lot, lightning was hitting the top of the hills behind our house.  Strange time of the year for lightning for us.

IMG_9783.jpeg.ae8e00f13b6c8e0e91aeea20ca5bd299.jpeg

wow - those are some beautiful willow trees!

why does the sky always seem "bigger" out west?

Edited by StrokerAce

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Took lessons and attending a couple of clinics on Moe Norman’s swing from Todd Graves

Todd Graves is the one bombarding my email box. I think I tried to unsubscribe, but they keep coming.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well, since the house is on the market…

I will be transferring to Hawaii this summer, and I am promoting to Chief Warrant Officer in 2 weeks.  Looking forward to a new chapter in my career and be able to play golf 366 days a year (on leap years) soon.  

Could use some good vibes from you all on the house sale, we were expecting to be here for 6 years, but 2 is what we got…

Congratulations Alan!  Nice to see you on the forum again.  I’m sure the house will sell, especially with nice weather on the way.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

32 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Todd Graves is the one bombarding my email box. I think I tried to unsubscribe, but they keep coming.

When I had lessons from him, GGA was an up and coming academy; I liked all of their instructors, but then they because very commercial and a big turn off.  I haven’t seen anything from them in 8 years.

2 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

wow - those are some beautiful willow trees!

why does the sky always seem "bigger" out west?

Might be different where you live, but when I lived in the D.C. area the terrain was so flat and trees surrounded you so the horizon seemed like only a mile or so away.  Most places in the west you can see for 10’s of miles.  I can walk up to the top of the hill behind our house and see Mt. Rainier and Mt. Adams in the Cascade Mtns, a hundred miles away.  There is a reason Montana is Big Sky country.

9 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I just want to thank everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

It is just further evidence of how wonderful this community is of which I have been blessed to be a part.

Wishing you and your wife a quick and speedy recovery. It takes special people to foster dogs, so hoping your recoveries go well. All the best. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg