The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good luck! My ex has known she was adopted her whole life, but hesitated about seeking out her biological parents for fear of upsetting the adoptive parents. Eventually she obtained non-identifying health information about the biological parents which triggered the search. It took a while (and the divorce was in between) but she finally found her mom (dad had passed away) and a couple of half-sisters. So my son has a couple of aunts now.

Congrats, good luck with getting to know them.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

59 minutes ago, Bad Golfer said:

I was actually only 2 over till the last hole last night and put up a quadruple bogey but I was kinda thinking about how much the bar tab was going to cost me.

I got an email last week from my golf club in Scotland. They actually offer golfers insurance over there which covers things like dinging people's windshields in the parking lot, stolen clubs, damaged "buggies" (golf carts) and, yes, bar tabs after a hole in one.

Here's a website for one of those golf insurance companies: https://www.golfcare.co.uk/ Interesting that it also covers golf-related dental expenses. Not sure if that's from taking a Titleist in the teeth or from a 19th hole fight over who pays for the drinks. Maybe both. It says "whilst playing golf" so maybe it's a Titleist (or a Callaway) to the teeth.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

7 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Nice. I used to do wine but I hated waiting for a year for it to be ready. And I have a tasty lager or two on tap! 

i got an american style lager that I will probably start once this heat goes away. I dont have a basement I can keep it in to regulat the temp. I'm a big Yuengling fan, but drink the hell out of Land Shark

9 hours ago, Bad Golfer said:

Good morning Guys. Today is concrete day to finish up that honeydew list. It is going to be super hot but I will get it done.

Last night in leagues I had my first hole  1. I didn't even hit the shot as pure as I wanted but it was still strait at the pin. It hit a few yards short of the green and bounced up on taking a direct line strait at the pin. My one teammate said holy $hit it has a chance. We were all watching it and I seen it drop it. My one teammate said it went in! The other guys had trouble seeing it at that distance. 

One of the other groups heard us yell and went over and looked in the hole and sure enough it was in. It is still hard to believe.  

IMG_9079.jpg.f8b95a32a7ec6a710a4eb20cf0481d7c.jpgScreenshot_20240621_082918_GarminGolf.jpg.98971462373a5f58f7c759c4ca9ad5fd.jpg

Don't forget to ask for your badge

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com