Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

MyGolfSpy 2023 Golf Ball Test!!!

GolfSpy SAM

This is going to come off totally wrong and so it requires a classifier that this is just pure I don't know. 

Who is the girl? I have seen her on a few social media posts but I honestly have no idea. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

53 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

This is going to come off totally wrong and so it requires a classifier that this is just pure I don't know. 

Who is the girl? I have seen her on a few social media posts but I honestly have no idea. 

Bennett is the social media person for MGS.  https://mygolfspy.com/our-team/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Londo said:

I understand that they have a new urethane coating but its still an ionomer cover on a super soft ball. Still would be interesting to see the difference!

Yes. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if just an urethane coating could provide the same performance as a full urethane cover, so maybe we wouldn't have to pay as much for golf balls that perform the same.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

6 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Yes. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if just an urethane coating could provide the same performance as a full urethane cover, so maybe we wouldn't have to pay as much for golf balls that perform the same.

Would be very surprised if a coating offered the same performance but definitely interesting. I have a very hard time believing that if there is much cost savings to be had, that a significant portion would be passed to the customer. The ERC Soft are already $40 

On 7/21/2023 at 1:12 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Sounds like the Kirkland to them is too spiny. Can’t wait to see the data on it

This was really surprising to me to hear as well. From what I have heard/read so far, the spin was down on the V3 compared to the V2. Maybe by the testing parameters it is still too spinny. I was thinking about putting it in play once I need a refresh on golf balls so I'm really looking forward to the results. @chisag has played the V3 and so far it sounded like it was comparable to the Maxfli Tours.

I know when I played the V2 last year, I LOVED the feel and thought it played well off irons, but the spin was way too high on driver. I'd hit balls that seemed like they were going to be crushed and then come up short. It was almost like you could see the ball stop in air and come down lol.

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

9 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

This was really surprising to me to hear as well. From what I have heard/read so far, the spin was down on the V3 compared to the V2. Maybe by the testing parameters it is still too spinny. I was thinking about putting it in play once I need a refresh on golf balls so I'm really looking forward to the results. @chisag has played the V3 and so far it sounded like it was comparable to the Maxfli Tours.

I know when I played the V2 last year, I LOVED the feel and thought it played well off irons, but the spin was way too high on driver. I'd hit balls that seemed like they were going to be crushed and then come up short. It was almost like you could see the ball stop in air and come down lol.

ditto. I am also seeing higher spin on driver, my distances are not as far as with the z-star diamond and XV. My P avg is down about 15 yards from those balls

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

10 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

ditto. I am also seeing higher spin on driver, my distances are not as far as with the z-star diamond and XV. My P avg is down about 15 yards from those balls

This is with the new V3? If so, that's definitely a bummer. I have been playing the Maxfli Tours and really like them, They seem to perform nearly as well as the ProV1 I was playing at the beginning of the season. For the price, they are tough to beat. Might look at the used market again though for ProV1s if the V3 is indeed to spinny. Got a heck of a deal on 5 doz last year and most were 5A with a handful of 4A condition.

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

45 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

spin is down on v3 compared to v2 but you have to remember where v2 was and it was SUPER high. even if they cut 10% off their spin numbers it's STILL gonna be one of the highest spinning balls.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:56 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Right there with you on the PXG golf ball. Vice would be the others that I have a particular interest in!

I bought the PXG balls and I've liked them so far. I've recently been playing either the PXGs or the OnCore Elixrs. I've also liked the play of the OnCores. I should try to pay closer attention to how I actually play with both but I do feel like the OnCores have been a little longer off the tee but the PXGs have seemed to be longer with my irons.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Bennett is the social media person for MGS.  https://mygolfspy.com/our-team/

Got it! Thanks. Didn’t want to sound like a creeper. Was t the intent. Lol

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

22 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is with the new V3? If so, that's definitely a bummer. I have been playing the Maxfli Tours and really like them, They seem to perform nearly as well as the ProV1 I was playing at the beginning of the season. For the price, they are tough to beat. Might look at the used market again though for ProV1s if the V3 is indeed to spinny. Got a heck of a deal on 5 doz last year and most were 5A with a handful of 4A condition.

I have been playing the new V3s recently as I burned through all of my demo V1x balls.  The V3 isn't bad, but the high spin off of long clubs is noticible.  Distance as well as bigger slices are suffering, especially compared to the V1x.  Handling around the greens has been good.  I do like the feel of the V3.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Testing should be done soon yeah?

16 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Testing should be done soon yeah?

Testing was done last Friday.  They are compiling and analyzing the data;  results are supposed to be out within a couple of weeks. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Was hoping my supply of Snell MTB Prime would hold up until testing was out before I had to reload. Three scrambles later and they did not 🤣.

New shipment made it today in time for my next round. Will play thru them regardless at this point, but hoping they perform well again in testing.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

57 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Testing was done last Friday.  They are compiling and analyzing the data;  results are supposed to be out within a couple of weeks. 

Guess there won’t be “too” much change in the data from last year. Plus only titleist and Srixon from the major OEMs released new balls I think. Oh and Mizuno. 

Callaway will be next year as will Bridgestone I think.. 

DTC brands don’t really count the LAGolf ball was terrible, the PXG ball is not great. Vice has not done anything new. Snell has a new ball I would like to try but I have so many balls I just can’t order any.

14 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Guess there won’t be “too” much change in the data from last year. Plus only titleist and Srixon from the major OEMs released new balls I think. Oh and Mizuno. 

I thought that the Bridgestones were tested with the old ball in 2021 test

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

8 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I thought that the Bridgestones were tested with the old ball in 2021 test

I'm pretty sure the new Bridgestones were introduced earlier this year, so those would be different from the 2021 test.  Titleist's, Snell's, Chromesoft's, Bridgestone's, Kirkland (I know, I know) - these all have new iterations from the last time the test was done in 2021.  I believe the Taylormade and Vice balls are the same generation that was tested in 2021, but we'll know more soon - testing is done and results are being tabulated while I type this 🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Just now, GolfSpy SAM said:

I'm pretty sure the new Bridgestones were introduced earlier this year, so those would be different from the 2021 test.  Titleist's, Snell's, Chromesoft's, Bridgestone's, Kirkland (I know, I know) - these all have new iterations from the last time the test was done in 2021.  I believe the Taylormade and Vice balls are the same generation that was tested in 2021, but we'll know more soon - testing is done and results are being tabulated while I type this 🙂

The Bridgestone's and Maxflis will be the 1st ones I zone in on , currently gaming the Bridgestones , was on RXS now testing between the Bx and BXS for the extra spin. I know the testing lab testing has shown trouble with Bridgestones just like the TM TPX and TP5X and the Calloway's but on the course I have not seen it but I have with the other 2, mostly spin differences on simulator with TM but who knows where its going with Chromesofts when I played them.I know my particular spin, trajectory,etc. may determine that but right now Bridgestones are consistent. Old ProV1X didnt work as well as RXS or BXS , may try again based on 2023 test along with hoping Maxfli testing shows promise to fit my game. 

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

The Bridgestone's and Maxflis will be the 1st ones I zone in on , currently gaming the Bridgestones , was on RXS now testing between the Bx and BXS for the extra spin. I know the testing lab testing has shown trouble with Bridgestones just like the TM TPX and TP5X and the Calloway's but on the course I have not seen it but I have with the other 2, mostly spin differences on simulator with TM but who knows where its going with Chromesofts when I played them.I know my particular spin, trajectory,etc. may determine that but right now Bridgestones are consistent. Old ProV1X didnt work as well as RXS or BXS , may try again based on 2023 test along with hoping Maxfli testing shows promise to fit my game. 

I've been playing the new MaxFli Tour X and really, really like them - I definitely prefer the feel of the regular Tour, but the X have the spin that I need, and they're not THAT much harder than the Tour that I find it troublesome.  I've been very impressed so far with them.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I've been playing the new MaxFli Tour X and really, really like them - I definitely prefer the feel of the regular Tour, but the X have the spin that I need, and they're not THAT much harder than the Tour that I find it troublesome.  I've been very impressed so far with them.

After spending and embarrassing amount of time studying studying the 2021 test and then mooching as much time in a simulator that had all the diagnostics including spin instead of just the holy total distance especially for driver and then trying more different balls on an actual course  that I will admit to my wife that I bought I have come to realize that to a point harder compression balls are not only not automatically bad for slower swing speed players but if that mid to harder compression ball ticks off all the other check marks for spin, trajectory, short game spin, putter feel, etc. then its possible to be the best ball for that slower swing player. Being outdriven by 15 yards by a dude who picks a ball solely on total driver distance including doesnt faze me like it used to, I just smile when that BXS hop and stops on the green from 15 yards behind him and his ball lands perfects and rolls way off the back of the green. 

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Current model chrome softs are going on 2 years old. New model coming in feb’ish..

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Taylormade had a new ball this year too. So probably not the same. Unless they got them early and tested pre release

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I have come to realize that to a point harder compression balls are not only not automatically bad for slower swing speed players

I agree! I am 76 with a driver swing speed in the 80-85 range. The best overall performing ball for me has been the Vice Pro Plus, which is supposedly for those with very high swing speeds!

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

I agree! I am 76 with a driver swing speed in the 80-85 range. The best overall performing ball for me has been the Vice Pro Plus, which is supposedly for those with very high swing speeds!

Same here for both age & swing speed. I use Vice Pro  but also used Pro Plus. I seem to recall a HQ recommendation a year or 2 ago that recommended both for slower swing speeds - unfortunately I can't find the it now. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Same here for both age & swing speed. I use Vice Pro  but also used Pro Plus. I seem to recall a HQ recommendation a year or 2 ago that recommended both for slower swing speeds - unfortunately I can't find the it now. 

The MGS 2021 golf ball test had both the Vice Pro and Pro Plus performing very well at the slow swig speed, despite the Vice website saying the Pro Plus is for "advanced golfers with high swing speeds (110+ mph driver swing speed)."

On 7/29/2023 at 10:12 PM, Quigleyd said:

Callaway will be next year as will Bridgestone I think.. 

DTC brands don’t really count the LAGolf ball was terrible, the PXG ball is not great. Vice has not done anything new. Snell has a new ball I would like to try but I have so many balls I just can’t order any.

Vice buys expired patents so they only do new stuff when they but a patent.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Vice buys expired patents so they only do new stuff when they but a patent.

I wonder if anyone had the patent for the drip paint prior to them...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 7/30/2023 at 12:58 PM, Fred Mitchell said:

After spending and embarrassing amount of time studying studying the 2021 test and then mooching as much time in a simulator that had all the diagnostics including spin instead of just the holy total distance especially for driver and then trying more different balls on an actual course  that I will admit to my wife that I bought I have come to realize that to a point harder compression balls are not only not automatically bad for slower swing speed players but if that mid to harder compression ball ticks off all the other check marks for spin, trajectory, short game spin, putter feel, etc. then its possible to be the best ball for that slower swing player. Being outdriven by 15 yards by a dude who picks a ball solely on total driver distance including doesnt faze me like it used to, I just smile when that BXS hop and stops on the green from 15 yards behind him and his ball lands perfects and rolls way off the back of the green. 

Having just tested them... Id give the sugar pures' a try.  not super rock hard like a TP5 / ProV but not super super soft like my B RXS either.

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review