Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy 2023 Golf Ball Test!!!

GolfSpy SAM

2 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

A the high end of "mid" swing speed, this chart confirms that the Maxfli Tour X is probably the best DTC/"budget" option available for me, with my other preferred ball (Bridgestone RB Tour X) also a solid choice.

My good friend swears by the left dash.  I may need to give that a serious test.  

Many huge and lavish thanks to MGS for this fantastic test and results.  It is immensely helpful!

I'm in the same boat as far as being at the high end of the "Mid" swing speeds and am looking at the Maxfli Tour X as the best budget ball. Vice Pro was up there as well as a good comparable ball and slightly cheaper than the Maxfli. 

The left dash did surprise me in the rankings as I typically don't hear about it when people talk about which ball they game.

Edited by Dooby

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Rickie Fowler MB (7-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

photo-203973.jpg.72b2eb1ed527f5bfef6c6f39d952c2f0.jpg Putter: 2015 Queen B 6

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

12 minutes ago, Dooby said:

I'm in the same boat as far as being at the high end of the "Mid" swing speeds and am looking at the Maxfli Tour X as the best budget ball. Vice Pro was up there as well as a good comparable ball and slightly cheaper than the Maxfli. 

The left dash did surprise me in the rankings as I typically don't hear about it when people talk about which ball they game.

I also fall into the higher end of the mid swing speed (typical avg. driver is 104 mph) and have been playing a mix of Maxfli Tour, ProV1, and just the last couple weeks the TP5x (got a dozen from a member/guest as a tee gift earlier this year). Definitely disappointing to see the TP line performed so poorly as I have really liked the feel of the TP5x. 

Going to be putting the Kirkland V3 through it's paces soon as I picked up 2 doz. at Costco the other week and am about out of my Maxfli Tours. Also found a few ProV1x the last time I was out (yes, I miss MANY fairways 😂) and going to see how those perform for me as well. I definitely tend to spin the ball more than I should with driver because of how I deliver the club (#1 goal of my offseason this year to improve) so anything that promotes lower spin off the driver is something I am interested in. Definitely will be giving the Maxfli Tour X a run this season or next as well.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I liked the P(a) as well. Haven't tried the Tour Response to be honest, for me in that category/price range the Q Star Tour seems to fit me best.

I liked the Project an and the older version of the Tour Response.  I don’t think the new bold colour band is for me.  I like something more subtle. Kind of a deal breaker for me. I know most people think that’s strange but I like a subtle line. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

4 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I liked the Project an and the older version of the Tour Response.  I don’t think the new bold colour band is for me.  I like something more subtle. Kind of a deal breaker for me. I know most people think that’s strange but I like a subtle line. 

I game the tour response without the stripes.. should still be an option. 

WITB

11 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I know most people think that’s strange but I like a subtle line. 

... Less than you think. I like no lines on my golf ball and we have plenty of company. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Less than you think. I like no lines on my golf ball and we have plenty of company. 

I’ve tried the tour response with the color band and the Callaway triple track balls in their many iterations. While I have nothing against the performance of any of these balls, I don’t like putting with any of them. I find all the alignment aids to be more distracting than helpful. When I am standing over a putt, I only want to see a solid colored object, no alignment or logos. Now pardon me, while I go yell at the clouds for a bit. 🤪

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Looks like I am going to have to try the Vice Pro Soft balls (they included two of these balls in the 10-ball "sampler pack" that I got from them.

I may also have to try some of the Maxfli Tour S balls.  I've loved the Tour X version, and have NEVER liked so-called "soft" golf balls, but with the results that these "soft" balls and the Vice Tour Soft balls received, I just may have to give these Urethane-cover soft balls a trial run.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

if you play a fade or a draw and your AOA is a +3 or a -3 your results can be very different than this test data

This one comment by chisag says a lot!  Someone with a downward AOA will impart massively MORE backspin (and sidespin, unless they hit the ball with an absolutely straight clubhead path that is directly down the target line). Conversely, someone who hits the ball with an upward AOA and catches the ball slightly above center on the clubface will generate LESS spin.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I haven't got to dig in on the data just yet, I did give it a glance on lunch but having 30 minutes isn't that much time to digest all the information. It does look like the MaxFli Tour S might be worth looking in to, I love the regular tour ball and still have quite a few from the cube I bought a couple of months ago. 

It doesn't look like they're making the raw data available for download via Tableau. Probably the easiest is to just copy/paste into your own spreadsheet?

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I love the team. I really, really do. But I am absolutely begging them to hire a professional copyeditor. Please.

It seriously undercuts credibility when you see a graphic that says "Z-Star Diamond XV" or says Chromesoft X in a graphic but the explainer text below says XLS. At the very least, it makes you wonder if there are any other errors/how reliable is the reporting? (Thank goodness for the Tableau data at the end!)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

13 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

if you play a fade or a draw and your AOA is a +3 or a -3 your results can be very different than this test data

This one comment by chisag says a lot!  Someone with a downward AOA will impart massively MORE backspin (and sidespin, unless they hit the ball with an absolutely straight clubhead path that is directly down the target line). Conversely, someone who hits the ball with an upward AOA and catches the ball slightly above center on the clubface will generate LESS spin.

... And Doug I would add 2800 spin can be very different for different players. With a 90mph swing speed hitting down on the ball, starting low and climbing rapidly 2800 might be too much spin, ballooning and losing distance with a steep landing angle and little to no roll. But hitting up on the ball with 90mph swing isn't enough speed to keep the ball in the air with lower spin and 2800 with a more shallow landing angle might be ideal for carry and roll. And that isn't considering draw or fade spin. Just so many factors involved and without someone like you guiding a player through their fitting options it can be a real roll of the dice. 

Wasn’t surprised at all to see Vice Pro Plus towards the top of the rankings.

Bought 5 dzn for my boys golf team this past spring season and after some initial push back on buying them … it was within a week that many of my golfers were waxing poetically about them. They loved em. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Well, as a low spin guy with irons and wedges, and mid spin off driver, this does make me happy with my 100 mph swing speed that the B-XS continues to be a solid pick in that space for me, especially since that shipping error/good fortune from GolfBalls.com left me with 6 dozen instead of the 3 dozen I placed... 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

24 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I haven't got to dig in on the data just yet, I did give it a glance on lunch but having 30 minutes isn't that much time to digest all the information. It does look like the MaxFli Tour S might be worth looking in to, I love the regular tour ball and still have quite a few from the cube I bought a couple of months ago. 

Why switch to the Tour S from the Tour X? Especially if you love the X. To me it seems like the X is a better performing ball unless I am misinterpreting something.

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

29 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

💯🙌🏼

Was told by my fitter that my avg angle of attack throughout my iron set ranges from just under a -1 to just under a +1, a ‘picker’ as he called it … and by virtue of that, my ball spin numbers will almost always be low. It was like a freakin eureka moment for me and made so much sense. 

For those of us golfing mortals, it is almost never an apples to apples comparison. But, the ball test data is still incredibly helpful and insightful nonetheless. 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

10 minutes ago, Dooby said:

Why switch to the Tour S from the Tour X? Especially if you love the X. To me it seems like the X is a better performing ball unless I am misinterpreting something.

Mostly it's about the Tour vs the Tour S. I haven't played the X, I just initially bought the Tours and have played them for a while. 

It's just a flaw in my system, I'm not much of a club ho, but when I got back into the game I loved experimenting with different balls. 

Edit: now that I did a comparison of the MaxFli balls, I'll probably stick with the Tour. It looks like it ever so slightly outperforms the S.

2 minutes ago, Dooby said:

... Dooby, no such thing as a "better performing ball... " without the addition of "... for my swing". Just way too many variables involved but the one thing I agree with 100% about the 2023 MGS Ball Test is:

"Taking manufacturing quality and consistency out of the equation for now, we’d argue there’s no such thing as a bad ball. While a good bit of what’s on the market is designed to work for a wide portion of the bell curve, our test uncovered some niche offerings that, if nothing else, suggest there’s a ball out there for every golfer. 

The challenge comes in finding the one that works for you."

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

While the Pro Plus didnt blow it out of the park it seemed to still be a solid fit. Especially looking at the graphs. Helps me reaffirm I made a solid purchase decision and doesnt make me feel like I wasted my money at the very least!

Great to hear! Once I get to a computer and not my phone, I plan to select the options to see how Vice did compared to the top brands. Thanks for sharing!

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

5 hours ago, lopey986 said:

Chromesoft X LS was a surprise to me, it's the one ball that I haven't tested out at all, going to have to throw a few in the bag before I definitively settle on a ball.

MGS did a ball lab test on them in ‘22 and gave em an overall score of 89 in that test.

On a whim and based on that info, I had a DSG gift card and bought a dozen, and I was shocked by how well they performed for me.

Already a low spin hitter as it is, but for me, off the driver, the X LS just flies. Don’t know if it is the hexagonal dimple pattern or whatever, but I was hitting to landing areas at my home course that I was rarely ever at. Went thru that dzn and didn’t buy them again, I’m a DTC Snell/Vice guy. 

Fast fwd to just maybe a month or two ago and DSG had the cubed box sale for 48 balls at the cost of about 3 dzn. Snatched ‘em up, and once again, they’re a fantastic performer for me. I might just suck it up and buy them from here on out … especially when you factor in that they’re wayyy more durable than the new Snells. 

For reference I’m at/around 107 swing speed. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

MGS did a ball lab test on them in ‘22 and gave em an overall score of 89 in that test.

On a whim and based on that info, I had a DSG gift card and bought a dozen, and I was shocked by how well they performed for me.

Already a low spin hitter as it is, but for me, off the driver, the X LS just flies. Don’t know if it is the hexagonal dimple pattern of whatever, but I was hitting to landing areas at my home course that I was rarely ever at. Went thru that dzn and didn’t buy them again, I’m a DTC Snell/Vice guy. 

Fast fwd to just maybe a month or two ago and DSG had the cubed box sale for 48 balls at the cost of about 3 dzn. Snatched ‘em up, and once again, they’re a fantastic performer for me. I might just suck it up and buy them from here on out … especially when you factor in that they’re wayyy more durable than the new Snells. 

For reference I’m at/around 107 swing speed with them. 

... One of my Pards loves the X LS too and bought 10 dozen when I sent him this link. 🤪  He didn't wanna take a chance on Cally coming up with a new version of the X LS because he absolutely loves these so he stocked up:

https://mggolf.com/golf-balls-other/?v=BIBB

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

Look no further than me as the prime example of losing distance due to added spin by way of a negative AoA. Also why I slice it off the planet when things aren’t going well with driver. I can easily spin it well into the mid-upper 3000s, sometimes 4000s 😱 so that paired with path and face at impact = disaster at times. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... As I have always said I think any test is just a starting point because things like face angle and AOA play a huge role with driver performance and with this test they change the parameters for each swing speed category. Exactly what that means is anyone guess*.  But all in all pretty much what I have seen with my Maxfli Tour and V3 as the performance is very close and the Maxfli may produce a few more yards off the tee when hit perfectly but more often than not my results are pretty similar. With my driver swing speed and AOA ideally around 2700 works best for me going by my last 3 driver fittings. 

... I am around 95mph so I usually extrapolate data combining the mid and slow swing speed numbers. Not perfect as I am closer to mid speed but it is what it is. Interestingly the V3 wasn't the highest spinning ball off the driver for mid speed with the PXG and Inesis recording higher spin numbers. And to say the V3 still produces excessive spin is a bit misleading as the ZStar, Chrome X, BX-S, Star Diamond and TP5 all produced spin in the 2900's for mid swing speeds. 

... Just keep in mind if you play a fade or a draw and your AOA is a +3 or a -3 your results can be very different than this test data. All I know is for my last round I had 7 birdies with the Kirkland V3 and it did everything I want/need from my golf ball, including only costing me $14 a dozen. If I am playing for fun the V3 will remain my ball of choice and if playing something more serious I will play the Maxfli Tour. 

*For each of the three speeds for the driver and iron portions of the test, the robot was calibrated to achieve specific launch and spin targets. The parameters for each portion were decided on after consulting with multiple ball manufacturers. The specific configuration for each test condition (including the clubs used) is detailed in the relevant sections below.

I agree with a lot of what Sam says here.  I've been a fan of using this test especially as a starting point for selecting a ball. If you're considering a ball, look at the margins and see that many are within a certain distance range.  

More than anything, this is validating for me.  My Venn Diagram for price, distance, quality is Srixon Z Star.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

As an old guy with a slow swing speed, I continue to be surprised by how well the Vice Pro Plus performs, a ball described as being for a high swing speed golfer (110+ mph), not only in these tests, but for me on the course! The test shows the Vice Pro and Vice Pro Plus, in combined yardage, driver plus mid-iron, are practically indistinguishable. I may switch to the Pro as I do prefer a little softer feel off the driver especially. 

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

21 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

One thing the data tells me, I swing driver way faster than my irons. My driver data fits  fast swing speed and irons mid swing speed. I guess I have to fix that  😛

I actually have the opposite problem. My 7-iron is 90mph and driver only 105.  Granted my driver fits in the middle of their tests but probably lean more to the mid swing speed since on course I'm probably not 100% on each swing. Makes for fitting a ball a bit trickier for us. 🙂

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

20 hours ago, golfer3134 said:

Anybody know of a way to get the data from the 2023 ball test into an excel or google sheet? I'd like to add a ranking column next to each ball and see which one's have the highest average position between driver/iron/wedge when it comes to spin, distance etc. I have tried copying and pasting but nothing has worked for me. Any help is much appreciated!

If you go into the Crosstab Data link - https://public.tableau.com/views/MyGolfSpy2023BallTest-public-crosstab/TableData?:language=en-US&:embed=y&:embed_code_version=3&:loadOrderID=2&:display_count=y&publish=yes&:origin=viz_share_link, you can adjust for speed and club and then download in a PDF. Then open that PDF and go to File -> Export To -> Spreadsheet -> Microsoft Excel. You may have to clean that up a bit, but it's what I did and I have my data in Excel now to play with to help me find my next ball or two. Hope this helps.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I honestly love and really appreciate the work that MGS does in this space.  The biennieal Ball Test and the regular Ball Lab reports are some of the best stuff on the golf interweb, IMO.  And I think it is important to consider both in my decision making process.  In general, I am very happy with the 3 pc products that I have tried from both the Foremost factory and Launch out of Taiwan.  I think I'd be happy playing any of the mid-compression 3 pc balls from either of those factories (Maxfli Tour/Tour S, Wilson Triad, Seed SD-01, Vice Pro, Oncore Elixr) and have extesively tested 3 of those on my home launch monitor and side by side on the course vs the newest Pro V1 (yellow, btw).  I find not much difference in any of them with the notable exception being the insane durability of the yellow Pro V1.  I hit probably more than my fair share of trees and cart paths and the Yellow Titleist just keeps on taking it like a champ.  But I digress ...... and I am just not going to pay $55/dz when I still lose a ball or two each outing - if there are similarly performing cheaper options.  

The 3 pc Taiwanese balls generally seem to perform better in the ball lab than the 4 pc offerings from Foremost.  Tony responded to a question I posed on Twitter about the Vice Pro Plus ball lab score (there was no published report - but it was scored) and he indicated that the Pro Plus suffered the same inconsistency of compression that they found with the 2023 Maxfli Tour X.   If a 4 pc ball suited my game - I'd likely just pony up the dough for Pro V1x and the exceptional quality that comes out of Ball Plant 3.  That said on the 3 pc front, the Vice Pro Ball lab report does give me some caution.  The 2016 ball was really bad and the 2020 ball seemed to improve but not enough to make it an example of above average quality.  Is the 2020 ball the current offering from Vice or has it been updated since?

I'll likely stick with the Maxfli Tour - but having the Vice Pro as an option would be nice.

Thanks in advance. 

PXG

Cobra

Mizuno

I think first it's important to know what you want out of your game. Also, knowing the numbers for your swing will make a huge difference. We get fit for clubs I think the same should be done for a golf ball. The only part that sucks is paying the money to try out the different balls. This gives a great insight into narrowing that list down on what you might be looking for. I know there are definitely a few that I would like to try out and compare on the course after reading through this testing. Being a higher swing speed its great to see what balls might work for the certain categories that I'm interested in. Thanks you MGS for doing this and keep up the great work. You are helping golfers all over the world.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

32 minutes ago, JohnnyO3478 said:

I honestly love and really appreciate the work that MGS does in this space.  The biennieal Ball Test and the regular Ball Lab reports are some of the best stuff on the golf interweb, IMO.  And I think it is important to consider both in my decision making process.  In general, I am very happy with the 3 pc products that I have tried from both the Foremost factory and Launch out of Taiwan.  I think I'd be happy playing any of the mid-compression 3 pc balls from either of those factories (Maxfli Tour/Tour S, Wilson Triad, Seed SD-01, Vice Pro, Oncore Elixr) and have extesively tested 3 of those on my home launch monitor and side by side on the course vs the newest Pro V1 (yellow, btw).  I find not much difference in any of them with the notable exception being the insane durability of the yellow Pro V1.  I hit probably more than my fair share of trees and cart paths and the Yellow Titleist just keeps on taking it like a champ.  But I digress ...... and I am just not going to pay $55/dz when I still lose a ball or two each outing - if there are similarly performing cheaper options.  

The 3 pc Taiwanese balls generally seem to perform better in the ball lab than the 4 pc offerings from Foremost.  Tony responded to a question I posed on Twitter about the Vice Pro Plus ball lab score (there was no published report - but it was scored) and he indicated that the Pro Plus suffered the same inconsistency of compression that they found with the 2023 Maxfli Tour X.   If a 4 pc ball suited my game - I'd likely just pony up the dough for Pro V1x and the exceptional quality that comes out of Ball Plant 3.  That said on the 3 pc front, the Vice Pro Ball lab report does give me some caution.  The 2016 ball was really bad and the 2020 ball seemed to improve but not enough to make it an example of above average quality.  Is the 2020 ball the current offering from Vice or has it been updated since?

I'll likely stick with the Maxfli Tour - but having the Vice Pro as an option would be nice.

Thanks in advance. 

Just curious - why do you doubt a 4 pc ball suits your game? Or why does a 3 pc suit it better?