Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How Long Do You Keep Golf Gloves?

Recently picked up a bionic globe from Dick's on the recommendation of my BIL They fit a bit tighter and have some interesting bulges in the creases of the fingers. It's weird. But they seem to offer the best connection to the grip that I've ever had.

Best part, the cashier sold me a warranty. When this one breaks down, and it will with all the time I spent at the range or monitor, I can get it replaced. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm set.

Cheers

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

I use Footjoy WearherSoft gloves and only replace them once they get a hole in them, but couldn’t tell you the last time I replaced it (it has been quite a while)!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Posted (edited)

I have a Footjoy glove that I’ve been using for 4 years now.  I play twice a week, sometimes 3 times a week 6-7 months out of the year.  I just replaced it this week.

Edited by Giles

Titleist TSR2 driver

Titleist TSR2 3 wood

Taylormade Sim2 7 wood

Titleist T300/T200 combo irons 

Vokey SM8 52F/56S/60M wedges

scotty cameron Newport 2 putter

For most of my golfing life, I have struggled to get more than 10 rounds out of a single glove.  It was a combination of thin cabretta leather, tacky grips and my sweaty hands.  Last year, I discovered Hirzl gloves.  They make gloves out of kangaroo leather and they wear like iron.  I bought 2 gloves and alternated gloves, and I made it through the entire year with just those 2 gloves (probably 50 rounds on each glove).  They are thicker than the premium cabretta leather gloves, but they break in beautifully and just don’t wear out.  If you can give up a little feel due to the thickness of the kangaroo, I suggest giving them a try.

Titleist C-16 irons and woods

JP Golf GW, PW and SW

Gene Nead Putter

I don't spend a lot of time assessing gloves, I care that it fits well and is reasonably priced, and by that, I don't mean necessarily that it is in the clearance bin.  I can use the glove until it starts to get a hole in it, I don't wait for it to get that far but eventually it happens. I also prefer white gloves and not all these colored and camo options.  I think the best fitting and most lux type glove I had was from Duca del Cosma, which was quite nice.  I had poor performance from Callaway Warbird gloves, which ended up all flaking of the "leather" and falling apart.  There is also no real systemic manner for fitting, a L or XL can mean different things to different vendors, always try it on first.  

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

Depending on the time of year I expect a glove to last between 8 and 10 rounds. In the summer, I burn through them faster. I rotate between three gloves during a round and attach the unused ones to the carry handle on my bag. I play the Kirkland glove. They’ve held up much better than the larger name brand gloves I’ve used, especially when they get wet and then dry out. They do not get as stiff as other gloves. 

JW Antignano 

I have a bag of approx 12 gloves (preference is Mizuno leather, but have a few GX gloves and a couple of UA ones in there) and I change the glove every 6 holes unless it gets too wet in the rain.

They last quite a long time on this rotation.

For range / sim sessions I use part leather gloves (been UA for the last couple of years as that is what the pro has for sale) and keep the good leather gloves for the course. I probably get through one or two of these over the winter.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5deg - ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke RDX Green 6.5 

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg - ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 6.0

Taylormade Stealth 4hy - ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 6.0

Callaway UT18 3i - ProjectX 6.0

Ping iBlade 4-PW - ProjectX 6.0

Cleavland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DG TI Wedge

Odyssey AI Jailbird Cruiser

My favorite glove has always been the Titleist Players.  However, in the last couple years I discovered Kirkland gloves.  Kirkland is much more durable than the Players glove and 4 Kirklands cost about the same as one Players.  The Players fits better, but the Kirkland fits well enough.  I keep a Players glove that I use for tournaments only.  For recreational rounds I use the Kirkland.  I keep 4-5 gloves in a large zip lock baggie in my golf bag.  It consists of the one Players and the rest Kirkland.  I play with the Kirklands until the stretch out and then I use them for practice.  Once they are too worn for practice they get tossed.  In the course of a year, I will go through 1-2 Players gloves and one four-pack of Kirkland.  So, at any given time I have in my bag a tournament glove, a couple for recreational rounds and a couple for practice.  I have a pair Foot Joy gloves made for rainy days and I keep them in my bag during the wet season.

WITB:  

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 Project X 6.0 55G

PXG 3W 16 degree set to 15 or 5W 18 Riptide CB 5.5 60G

PXG 19 and 22 degree hybrids MMT 70R

PXG 5-W Gen 4 ST irons Recoil Dart 75 F3

PXG 50, 54 MMT 70R and 60 MMT 60A SD wedges

Black Jack putter Stability Tour 

Hey Guys you know thst they can be washed!    After 4 or so rounds depending on how humid it is and how sweaty they get i wash them in the washing machine in my wife's delicates laundry bag.   then dry them in the shade and they come out BRAND NEW.   They last months at 2 to 3 games per week.   

I use the kirkland brand glove I usually play 5 days a week and I used that glove all last season and I just replaced it last week after it got a hole in it. Not bad for a 8.00 dollar glove. The fit is perfect and they stay nice and tight. 

Frank musolino 

On 4/7/2023 at 7:38 AM, TJ1975 said:

“Until the sequins fall off”

- M. Jackson

or until it gets a hole or tear. 

Brilliant!   LMAO!  

SMJohnsonPGALIFE, Pinehurst

Well, I have three gloves in my bag at all times and rotate them regularly. I am still trying not to grip my club with the grip of death. Since I loosened up that grip, I found about 10 to 15 rounds before a hole appeared. (vs 6 to 8 when I had that tight grip going on!)

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating! 

Kirkland gloves.  They are very solid quality.  I play once a week and hit the range twice a week.  I rotate gloves during the round because it’s hot in Houston, so I use 3-4 in the rotation in a round and probably have to replace one of them every 3-4 weeks. 

I play once a week at least with a regular foursome. Between a 14-17 handicap, but working to get more consistent.  Enjoy walking when it’s not too hot.  

Posted (edited)

I have used Footjoy Sta-Sof for over 50 years. I play approximately 100-120 rounds a year.  Gloves seem to last me a long time, but, when they start to fray they go to the practice bin.  During the summer I will use a 4 glove rotation to keep a dry glove on my hand.  Usually gloves last about 15 rounds.  After I play they go in a large zip lock bag, the bag is folded over and never sealed.  This allows them to dry out over a period of time.

Washing a glove ruins it, out of shape and size, it will dry to a stiff feel.

Those that attach your gloves to the outside of the bag, probably never clean their club  faces nor clean their grips.

Edited by Bob Jerabek

Driver Titleist Tsi 3 9.75*
Fairway Titleist 5, 7 woods

Hybrd Titleist TSR 2 21* or

Utility iron Mizuno HiFly 4

Irons Mizuno Pro 245 5-P

Wedges Vokey SM9 48*, 54*, and 58*

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport super select

Ball Titleist ProV 1X

I play about 120 rds per yr with a 2 glove rotation. I use FootJoy gloves, I prefer a stickier glove. One accidentally went through the laundry the other day and it came out surprisingly looking like new again, except for the wear. They usually get tossed once there is excessive wear or a hole. 

New equipment won’t fix old habits, but you can try!

The last several years I’ve been playing with “Z” Zero Friction gloves.  I like the feel and they seem to last a long time.  I’m guessing but would say they last 50-60 rounds of golf before the get a hole in them.  The ones I have now do not have a hole however the Velcro started to give out so I took a wire brush to both sides and I’m still using the same glove. 😎

Zgolfen

8 minutes ago, Bob Jerabek said:

Those that attach your gloves to the outside of the bag, probably never clean their club  faces nor clean their grips.

I do both and have my gloves on the outside of the bag.  I rotate gloves from there because of how hot it gets in Texas.  I have carabiners on the bag and 2 gloves go on each.  I play almost daily or practice and this allows them to dry and easy to grab to rotate between shots.  As I grab a club at my next shot a glove gets put on.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I used to keep them until there were holes in the fingers, but have started to replace them once the tackiness starts to wane.  

Bum off the tee prince on the green!

It's embarrassing but I keep them until 1. they get lost or 2. they're flaking/cracking/ripping. When they get worn, they live another live as range gloves. Honestly though, most get lost they wear out -- My golf gloves are kinda like pencils in grade school.

I play golf to relax, reset, & ensure I'm taking time to appreciate me... & hopefully I get better one day 😆

WITB: Mix of 15 yr old clubs, yard sale finds, and slow-coming upgrades each birthday & Fathers Day.  
Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx Max
5W: :callaway-small:RAZR X Black
2h: :titleist-small:915H 17°
3h: :taylormade-small:Burner Rescue 19°
Irons: :nike-small:Victory Red Full Cavity
SW: RIVL 56°
Putter: :wilson_staff_small: Infinite West Loop

I live in a hot and humid location so longevity depends a lot on the season.  I find leather goves suffer a lot in the summer as they get sweat soaked and become a bit slick so I used two or three during a round and every so often wash them to remove the oils and salt from my hands.  Synthetic or compound materials are better in the hot season.   I wear gloves until they get a hole and then used them strictly for range time until they become too worn out.  I cooler times gloves seem to last much longer.  Gloves are kept on the accessory ring on the bag and I keep a new spare in the bag.  I buy gloves at discount or through places like Costco or TGW who have good deals and I find their quality to be fine for me.  Gloves last about 30 rounds before moving to range status.

Ping G425 Driver, Fairway, Hybrid, Irons, Wedges

Like most people that responded, I use a glove until it rips. I usually have two gloves in my bag that I rotate every other use.  I usually hang them from my towel loop or attached to a club to dry out.  I have also been know to use some leather cleaner and conditioner for a particularly “nice” glove like a Titleist premium glove to extend its life if it gets a bit crusty.  My usual go to glove is a Maxfli I get from Golf Galaxy when they are on sale, but I will get other brands if they fit well and are soft.  I usually do not get composite or no. Leather glove as I don’t like how they feel. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Maybe a hole or 2 then I throw it in the trash. I have yet to find one that has better feel than not wearing  one. 

Chris poepping

Professional ski Instructor, trainer and coach

I replace it after 10 rounds, or, I notice its stretched out a little bit/starting to show too much wear. Whatever comes first. 

Stealth 2 driver, Sim Max 2 3W, Nike VRPro 5W, Stealth irons, Cleveland ZipCore wedges, and Odyssey White Ice 330 putter. TP5x

I live in the northeast. I love the softer feel of the Titleist gloves, and usually use them until they feel slippery, or get a hole in them.

I recently bought the 4 pack of Kirkland gloves at Costco. To me they feel EXACTLY like the much more expensive Titleist glove, and so far perform the same.

Depends how many rounds I’m playing, which is different from week to week. Normally I’d say 6-8 rounds with a tournament or 2 thrown in. I typically will move it over to a range glove and get hand full of range sessions out of it. Love Taylormade Tour Preferred but also love thr Kirkland because you can’t beat the price point for a great quality glove. I did order a Claw Pro Glove on Amazon so I will give that a try next week.  

Taylormade SIM 9 degree Kuro Kage XT

Tayormade SIM 3 Wood Tensi White Pro

Taylormade M1 (2017) 3 Hybrid 

Taylormade 770 4 iron KBS C Taper 

Taylormade P7MB 5-P KBS C Taper 

Taylormade MG2 52,56 KBS Custom Tour

Taylormade HiToe 60 KBS Custom Tour 

Evnroll ER2B

Taylormade TP5

21D653DE-F626-4BAA-812D-7ACC6F7D3BBA.jpeg

Needs a poll for this thread 😊

if the gloves still grippy, useing the ‘let the club grip slide through the glove” test, than keep going till it’s too dirty 

Keen amateur 

Cobra King F9 driver

Callaway 3w & 5w

Taylormade M4 5-PW

Cleveland RTX mid grind 50, 58, 56, 60

Oddysey Versa Sabretooth putter (as used by Inbee Park)

Bushnell Pro X3 Rangefinder 

First of all I wonder if MG golf had their gloves tested ?? They’re in Irving, TX and their gloves sell for $6.99 & $7.99 and can be personalized. I’ve been wearing them for about 10 years.

I play a couple times/week & my gloves last about 2-3 months depending on the time of year. Obviously during the summer they become slick faster. But at $6.99 or $7.99 it’s not a problem.

I sweat. A lot. I use a 4 glove rotation for 18 holes. I lay them flat after the round. Once the hole in the palm starts, it becomes a range glove (yes, I know a hole in the palm is indicative of a poor grip🙄). I use FootJoy StaSof and I go through a dozen gloves or so a year. Side note: I spend some time when I'm buying gloves. I try on every XL the store has to get the best fit, because the consistency of the fit is poor. Often the finger lengths vary drastically from glove to glove. I get my gloves at Dicks and use the insurance program.