Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Betts Putter v1.0 designed and made by me!

First off, I also posted this in the putter forum before I saw that there is a DIY forum. I can delete that one if necessary. 

I have an apparently strange affection for lightweight putter. Given how hard they are to come by, and my access to CNC tools and CAD software I decided to build my own. 

My driving features were the weight, a face that can be changed out, and mechanisms to adjust the lie and length easily and often. 

The weight issue was simple. I used aluminum for the body which of course makes it significantly lighter than a standard steel blade. To make the face interchangeable i milled a pocket into the aluminum that mates with the back of the face. This means I can swap faces without necessarily needing to epoxy the face on, but I can add epoxy when I’m done tinkering. Finally I used a curved slot on the back of the body, and a pin in the neck to allow the neck angle to be adjusted and secured with a screw. To adjust the length, the hosel rides in the slot on the neck and can also be secured with a screw.

All I have to do is snug the screws, set up to a putt and use the ground to maneuver everything into place. After tightening down the screws I putter with the perfect length and lie for my stroke. Crucially I can go through this process as often as I want without worrying about metal fatigue!

An added bonus is that thanks to the hosel not being attached to the neck, swapping shafts will be as simple as making a few hosels and epoxying them to new shafts.

I’ve only played 4 rounds with this putter, but I’m averaging 2.27 putts per hole. Considering my first putt is almost always from the fringe I’m considering this a raging success!

IMG_6343.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg

IMG_6344.jpeg

WITB:

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.8* Turned to 9.5* with Alta CB Red Stiff Flex

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade R15 Rescue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: Lazarus 52, 56, and 60

Putter: Putter Designed and Built by me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Very cool, I would be interested in the durability in and out of a bag (and a bouncy cart) for a number rounds. I like the face, you could cut multiple angle faces for quick fitting on your best loft angle as well. Nice job!

Cliqboom,

Keep it fun.

TS1im irons w/UST shafts, Mixed woods, TM wedges, Ping flatstick.

Imressive for private project.  Refine the method to attach the parts and it could fly commercially.  Other consideration is to move the weight around on the design ot to provide a way to move the weight.  The only short pont I could see is too many moving parts for longevity.