Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Brandt Snedeker makes adjustment with loaner set of clubs

Moecat

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/golf/2012-05-17/ex-vandy-golfer-brandt-snedker-makes-adjustment-loaner-set-clubs

CASARES, Spain — Three days after his luggage was misplaced on his flight to flight to Spain, Brandt Snedeker used borrowed irons and a putter from the pro shop to win his opener Thursday at the World Match Play Championship.

11183832.jpg

Brandt Snedeker easily beat Thomas Bjorn while starting the day with 10 clubs in the World Match Play Championship.

Because his luggage got lost, Snedeker also used a driver lent to him by Australian rival John Senden.

Starting out with only 10 clubs in a replacement bag, Snedeker managed to beat Danish Ryder Cup veteran Thomas Bjorn 5 and 4.

“So, a kind of weird day to say the least,” said Snedeker, a former Vanderbilt golfer.

Ian Poulter, of England, started his title defense by beating Senden 3 and 2, enhancing his status as one of the favorites this week. Justin Rose battered Robert Rock 7 and 6 in an all-English contest. Martin Kaymer, at No 9 the highest-ranked player in the field, lost 3 and 2 to Rafael Cabrero-Bello.

After Snedeker's transatlantic flight from Miami to Madrid landed in the Azores on Monday night, his clubs and suitcase never made it on the connecting flight.

He played Wednesday's pro-am deprived of sleep and with some loaner clubs, and only discovered on Thursday morning that his own set wouldn't arrive until after he had teed off against Bjorn.

By the time his clubs arrived at the Finca Cortesin course from Malaga Airport, Snedeker was 3-up after three holes.

Playing well with his pro shop putter and Senden's back-up driver, he stayed with them despite having his clubs.

“It actually worked out well – I think it's my driver now and no longer his,” Snedeker said.

Snedeker had to be granted permission from tour officials to add four of his own clubs – a 3-wood, hybrid, lob wedge and putter – on the fourth tee.

However, he continued to use the putter he'd bought an hour earlier.

That is great, I've always liked Snedeker, even though he screws me every time in the fantasy golf league!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

that would be a fun tournament format for a club.. switch bags every 3 holes. It would make you focus like crazy.

Honestly speaking, there are some people I know I would never willingly lend my clubs to. :)

Shambles

It just goes to show the talent those guys have

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived