Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Would love to pick people's brains here.

I'm thinking about getting a Mevo and I can't decide between the regular version and the plus.

I don't have enough room in my place for an indoor setup, so I'll be taking this to the range.

As such, I figure I may not need the horizontal data since I'll be able to see with my own eyes. And I won't really be using the sim courses, though I like the E6 for on course games and what not.

Is the Mevo + worth it if I'm going to be outside or should I save some cash and just get the regular Mevo? Or, if I need to be serious about improving my game, should I just swallow the pill and buy the Plus?

Thanks in advance

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

I’m not sure this will be helpful but these are my thoughts. I have a Mevo and use it in conjunction with my Optishot2. I also use it out on the range. I was thinking about upgrading to the Mevo + for the simulator portion. It’s better but not enough of an upgrade from Optishot 2 to be worthwhile. For me the standard Mevo will give you all the data you need. Why spend the extra on features your not going to use. If eventually you want to get into a simulator then I would save the money by going with the standard Mevo now and invest in a better simulator system later on if you are inclined to go that route.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Thanks so much for this. That is what I'm thinking too. The big thing for me is my range only lets me hit off mats, so I'd sort of like to know if I'm actually getting ball first / ground after as I won't see a divot. Obviously you get that reading with the Mevo+, but that sort of seems silly to pay that much to have that.

@Tom the Golf NutDo you take the Optishot out too, or just the Mevo?

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

10 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

Thanks so much for this. That is what I'm thinking too. The big thing for me is my range only lets me hit off mats, so I'd sort of like to know if I'm actually getting ball first / ground after as I won't see a divot. Obviously you get that reading with the Mevo+, but that sort of seems silly to pay that much to have that.

@Tom the Golf NutDo you take the Optishot out too, or just the Mevo?

The Optishot 2 can’t go outside. It’s hooked up to a computer and projector to run. It’s an indoor low cost simulator. 

If you want to see if you are hitting the ball first or hitting behind you can always get creative. Either use some powdered foot spray on the mat or take some masking tape with you. Put the tape down a 1/2” to an inch behind the ball. If you hit the tape it will leave a mark or will pull up. After a few swings you will get dialed in. Start with an inch behind and decrease the distance during your session.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

8 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If you want to see if you are hitting the ball first or hitting behind you can always get creative. Either use some powdered foot spray on the mat or take some masking tape with you. Put the tape down a 1/2” to an inch behind the ball. If you hit the tape it will leave a mark or will pull up. After a few swings you will get dialed in. Start with an inch behind and decrease the distance during your session.

You could also use a towel behind the ball.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@TigerHoodsmost likely going with the regular Mevo.  I just need yardage and will be outside so I can see shot shape.   

the other stuff I want i need the premium sub for so i go from 1900 to 3k pretty quickly which is more than I want to spend. 

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver