Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Golf shoes for heavier guy with a bit of a disability (need wide & firm)

jawide626

So like everyone here I bloody love the game of golf, However i struggle to find comfortable shoes that support my weight and are comfortable with my disability.

I weigh about 126kg (277lbs) and my right foot is a bit mis-shapen from birth in that it's shorter than my left foot and 'rolled' over slightly so i walk more on the outer edge of my foot than the weight beared across the width of it. In normal everyday life i wear Merrell walking shoes and while they're not absolutely perfect, they're the best i've found for what i need. For golf i have tried all sorts of shoes from different companies and currently have a pair of Puma Ignite spikeless shoes and Footjoy Dryjoy spiked shoes. The puma ones are wide and hte sole feels nice to walk on but very uncomfortable across the lace area for me, the footjoys are literally the opposite, and something about the design makes me walk even more on the edge of my feet, almost 'going over' on them that after about 5-6 holes i'm popping painkillers just to get through the other 12-13.

I tried some Ecco shoes on in my local pro-shop the other day and when sitting down they felt lovely, standing up was like standing on a mattress, for some people it was probably heaven, for me and my substantial weight along with my small 'footprint' where the weight goes when i walk i found that the mid-sole just 'crumpled' underneath me and it was very uncomfortable! 

So essentially what i'm after is golf shoes that go 'against' the norm of "comfort this" and "soft that" and have a firm sole and midsole, basically like my Merrell walking/trekking shoes but that look like and offer the traction benefits of golf shoes.

i've heard that Adidas have a Terrex 'boot' style option which might be good, or Ecco have some firmer ones (BIOM range maybe?) but i'm very much open to suggestions and ideas PLEASE!

WitB (any 14 of the following)

Driver: Ping G425 Max

3w: Mizuno ST200x

5w: Callaway GBB Epic

7w: PXG 0341x

4h: Taylormade Sim2 Max

4-PW: Mizuno JPX919 Forged

Wedges: 50° GW = Mizuno T22 (Denim Copper - S grind), 54° SW = Mizuno T22 (Denim Copper - D grind), 58° LW = Mizuno T22 (Denim Copper - C grind)

Putter: Evnroll ER10 Outback

Sqairz! 

They pride themselves in stability and have a wider tire box to begin with. 

Definitely check then out! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Ecco BIOM is a solid choice

i have Footjoy and Ecco shoes and I’ve found the original Biom leaves me with little to no foot pain after walking 18.

ecco is running a 40% off sale during Labor Day.

good luck - hope you find a pair that works for you.

Driver Ping G

Ping G 5 wd

Tour Edge 7 wd

TEE 4 hybrid 

6-G Ping i25

Cleveland 58 Rotex

Nike Drone 2 Counterbalance 38”

• 2 weeks later...
Sqairz! 
They pride themselves in stability and have a wider tire box to begin with. 
Definitely check then out! 
I second the Sqairz recommendation. I have really weird feet too...bumps on them from hockey skates, feet different sizes, really narrow heels, and wider forefoot...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk