Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Brands/Products Do You Want To See for Member Testing 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How important are comparisons to you all when seeing member tests?

If it’s golf balls, shafts, or grips I could see how the comparisons test could be fun for sure. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

34 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think it is super important. In my TAIII wedge review, I compared it to the TM wedges I used then and now compare them to the SM9s. With a test, I feel that most people have not played that club/tech/accessories. So, to compare to something someone has, is certainly valuable. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me I am looking for comparisons of some type.  Without comparisons it is more of a subjective opinion without any baseline....basically I like or don't like things about the product.    IMO, to make something objective; which is what I generally look for in these reviews, there has to be some kind of comparison:  comparison against manufacturer claims, comparison against a similar product,  comparison against prior personal performance, etc.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

55 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It will definitely be important to people who own one of the products and are interested in the other product...

Most often the case is that people will not have tried either first hand… so the comparison will most like relative to other things they’ve read, or watched about one or the other product. 

I think it’s good for context, especially compared to previous generations of a product, but I don’t think is the most crucial part of a review process.

Currently testing Ping S159 Wedges!

Trying to put this in wording that makes sense from out of my thoughts.

Head to head comparisons have many benefits, and many drawbacks, and this in itself is a conundrum. 

For someone who has lots of experience, who has gone thru several types or brands,  and is gaming a "current" brand/type of club, they are directly comparing them against the opposing "current" product. Therefore,  their results will be related to that. These types of golfers can shape shots, control flight, spin, etc.

For others, or new golfers (like myself), who have not used any newer or "current" clubs/brands( beyond a few whacks at a store possibly,) or has not ventured out to buy new clubs, the improvements may be skewed a bit. The lack of experience may not allow them to use them to their potential. 

The double edged sword is what criteria/demographic a product manufacturer is looking for.

This may or may not align with the selection of applicants. This could prevent the newer golfers from considering these products,  as they lack the ability to justify using it. Also it can prevent the experienced golfer from gaining the same opportunity. 

From a personal note, would I like to test product XYZ against product ABC to know if that one would work better For Me over the other? Absolutely!

From a business side it's not practical.

If you read through the hundreds of topics on different clubs, you will see (very recently) that when people are fitted, they were shocked to find the clubs they thought were right,  were given opposites of that.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Comparison could add a lot of value to the member testing, IMO.  The member tests are valuable already, but adding the comparison element would take it up another level.

Edited by vamosjackets

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

Pretty much all the golf! Ha. It’s nice to see the reviews. It really helps get honest input. 

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think comparisons are huge but I also think they need to be along the lines of a similar product. I practice daily whether it be outside on the course, out in my yard or hitting off a mat into a net in my basement. Most of my practice is with irons and I'm to the point now that I hit them pretty well. I have Mizuno HMP 923 so I believe at this point I could see immediate differences between them and a similar iron in the same category.

I think your would need to be a pretty proficient golfer to be able to determine the differences between golf balls as far as spin goes but I believe someone that plays casual golf would certainly be able to tell the difference in feel between high compression ball and a low compression ball. 

I think testing gloves and training aids could work for pretty much everyone but I think they should be compared to something that the golfer testing it can directly compare it too. 

Edited by Bad Golfer

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Would love to see women's iron testing. Recently was fitted for a new set (went with Taylor Made) and tried Kalea, Qi10, Callaway Reva, Ping, and Mizuno. Really loved the Mizuno but the weight of them seemed too much for me to play 18 consistently.
It's frustrating from the women's perspective because we are pigeonholed into full sets with this ridiculously huge cart bag, because women apparently cannot walk and carry our bags/use push carts. Irons are tough to navigate, and the options at many of these fitting places is slim, so I would love an opportunity to test and write about my experience in hopes of helping women select their ideal brand and set. 

I’m Jennifer, Buffalonian and mother of two girls. I’ve been golfing since I was three, since my mom needed a golf partner. Fell in love with the game growing up, but unfortunately, took a break to raise our young family. As our oldest daughter is learning to love golf, she has inspired me to pick up my clubs and get back out there. 

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think it’s a nice to have, but not necessarily a need to have. I think I’m more interested in, for example, whether a driver really embodies “fargiveness” for players with a variety of skill levels.

Edited by berkeleybob

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

15 hours ago, William P said:

I think product comparisons are a valid point of interest, however, with all of us being unique in our abilities I am more interested in knowing if the product performs as advertised by the OEM. If comparisons are conducted under controlled lab conditions, such as robotic testing, it will generally carry more validity in decision making process.

I think I would tend to disagree with this. Personally when I'm looking at a certain item I may look at robotic testing but generally all clubs within a certain group will have minimal separation for things like distance and forgiveness. I want a human comparison. Example:I'm currently looking at a new iron set and trying to decide between Takomo 201s or mizuno 223s. The main thing I want to know is how there irons feel(I love a soft feel iron) and how they compare vs each other. A robot can't tell me if the copper underlay in the 223s actually make it noticeably softer than the takomos. 

1. QI10 9* degree
  2. TSR 2+ 3 wood
  3. Stealth+ hybrid
  4. Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW
  5. Vokey SM8 wedges 50*, 54*, 59*
  6. Spider FCG

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well I won't give away who or what I can say that at a quick glance we have 33 different companies involved in member testing for this season!

That is insane!!! 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

I just came across this on IG. Have not done any deep dive into them.

LiPAR https://www.instagram.com/lipargolf?igsh=MTNpam1rcnRieTI2dQ==

It's stated as being a full benefit " Launch Monitor app" able to used from only your phone/tablet. It appears to be a subscription based service.

It's currently in development/beta test phases

They have a discord beta testing community https://www.lipargolf.com/beta-club

as well as a Kickstarter group. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lipargolf/lipar-golf-golf-launch-monitor-app-for-your-smartphone

Might be a testing opportunity .

Screenshot_20240217_071916_Instagram.jpg.505f043e24a0daf28c72df9974190f52.jpgScreenshot_20240217_071148_Instagram.jpg.1c3a1baebe3efdf7185afe7f5beed84a.jpgScreenshot_20240217_072555_Instagram.jpg.3f7233c09e76925dcca89325cf29b9a8.jpg

Just now, Rearviewmirror said:

I mean if you twist my arm I would test the new Ping Blueprint irons...

I think I speak from the while community and we would love to see PING back on the testing calendar one day. They had some of the best tests we have seen on the forum.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think I speak from the while community and we would love to see PING back on the testing calendar one day. They had some of the best tests we have seen on the forum.

Also happy to fly out to AZ to make sure they properly fit me for my test Blueprints. All in the name of providing a solid test experience, you know.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

I am more and more hoping for Lab to have a test again this year. I am getting more and more interested in them. I have alway been focused so much on being able to aim the putter correctly when I got fit last year and I didn't aim the Lab's properly. But after watching Sam with the Club Champion guys talk about how the putter hitting the ball where it's aimed will teach you how to aim the putter after a few weeks really resonated with me. I don't know why I didn't think about that before as since I don't aim well with full swings either and it usually being the source of my swing getting off I have been very strict with always having alignment sticks down when practicing on the range. And have experienced exactly what he was talking about with full swings multiple times where I put the alignment slicks down and feel like I am aiming way off. But after just forcing myself to just make my normal swing and see where it goes. Sure enough after watching the ball go where the sticks are aimed all of a sudden I feel like I am aiming correctly! Even if they do that doesn't mean I will get selected to be a tester, but a boy can dream 😁

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

59 minutes ago, ZackS said:

I have alway been focused so much on being able to aim the putter correctly when I got fit last year 

What do you mean by this and what is "correctly"?  Aiming is one of the skills of putting and ideally you should roll the ball where you aim the putter.  While players; even the best putters in the world, don't always aim down intended line they aim consistently.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, cnosil said:

What do you mean by this and what is "correctly"?  Aiming is one of the skills of putting and ideally you should roll the ball where you aim the putter.  While players; even the best putters in the world, don't always aim down intended line they aim consistently.  

By correctly I am talking about when where I think I am aiming is matching where it is actually aimed. So when I did my fitting they used the Sam Lab system and with my putter at the time I was aiming like 1.7 degrees left when I thought I was aiming middle of the hole. With the putter I was fit to I was aiming about .5 degrees right when I thought I was middle of the whole. During the fitting was tried the Lab Men and was aiming left with it was well about the same as my other putter so from the about 10 foot putt everything was just burring the left edge. So what I am thinking after the video with Sam from Lab putters is after missing left over and over I would adjust my aim right and after seeing the ball go in the hole over and over I that right aiming feel would go away and I would start to see is as aiming at the hole. 

WITB:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

1 hour ago, ZackS said:

By correctly I am talking about when where I think I am aiming is matching where it is actually aimed. So when I did my fitting they used the Sam Lab system and with my putter at the time I was aiming like 1.7 degrees left when I thought I was aiming middle of the hole. With the putter I was fit to I was aiming about .5 degrees right when I thought I was middle of the whole. During the fitting was tried the Lab Men and was aiming left with it was well about the same as my other putter so from the about 10 foot putt everything was just burring the left edge. So what I am thinking after the video with Sam from Lab putters is after missing left over and over I would adjust my aim right and after seeing the ball go in the hole over and over I that right aiming feel would go away and I would start to see is as aiming at the hole. 

Interesting.  Did SAM also show that you delivered the putter at impact with the same face angle as address?     How are you training/verifying correct aim versus changing your stroke to account for misses?

On 2/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, ZackS said:

I am more and more hoping for Lab to have a test again this year. I am getting more and more interested in them. I have alway been focused so much on being able to aim the putter correctly when I got fit last year and I didn't aim the Lab's properly. But after watching Sam with the Club Champion guys talk about how the putter hitting the ball where it's aimed will teach you how to aim the putter after a few weeks really resonated with me. I don't know why I didn't think about that before as since I don't aim well with full swings either and it usually being the source of my swing getting off I have been very strict with always having alignment sticks down when practicing on the range. And have experienced exactly what he was talking about with full swings multiple times where I put the alignment slicks down and feel like I am aiming way off. But after just forcing myself to just make my normal swing and see where it goes. Sure enough after watching the ball go where the sticks are aimed all of a sudden I feel like I am aiming correctly! Even if they do that doesn't mean I will get selected to be a tester, but a boy can dream 😁

Did you try any of the Edel putters available?

🙃

2 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Did you try any of the Edel putters available?

I was fit into a Edel EAS 4.0

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Interesting.  Did SAM also show that you delivered the putter at impact with the same face angle as address?     How are you training/verifying correct aim versus changing your stroke to account for misses?

With the current putter at the time I would come back open from setup effectively pushing it to the hole. With the Edel putter I was fitted to I would come back to impact at the same .5 to .7 open as I was at impact. I fully admit that it is mainly mental that is the issue 🤣. I have a longer flowing stroke and don't make a good stroke when I try and make a very short backswing. So on short I get to a point of the shortest backswing I feel comfortable making and rely on slowing my tempo for distance and this can lead to decelerating at times. With old putter I tended to push in this case with the Edel I tend to pull. I am pretty sure it is due to the face balance differences in the putters. Bringing it back to the mental part I started this before the fitting and when my club came in it looked shut and I was pulling everything and when I took it back and they checked it was not the same lie as I was fit to and he was able to bend it back so I looks correct again but I think I just haven't ever fully got that same confidence level I had during the fit again. It probably make is worse I have always been a pretty good putter and this the first time I have really ever gone through a confidence issue with this part of the game so might just take some extra time and deliberate practice with get through it. This is actually why despite being happy with my current Srixon ball I am planning on testing the new Calloway and Taylormade balls for what fits best because I want to try the Pix or TruTrack balls for the feedback and I don't like having a really big line on the ball. Anyway, I have rambled on enough about mental issues 🤣.

WITB:

There are a ton of categories to choose from. If I were to break them down:

Drivers:  you already have them, Smoke, Q10, Wilson Ti, St Max

Irons/ Wedges:  a compare of the hollow bodies, Mizuno 245, Paradym Smoke, Tm 790,  Then the wide soled wedges. Callaway CB and W grind wedges.

Putter: you guy already did a solid for me,. but Makefield,  or even try the Capto EZ for a golfer improvement item.

Range finding: if there is a company that make a GPS device and a range finder.  Put them side by side to see which one benefits the golfer better.

A hands free push cart.

jumbo max grips.

and because Im me,  how about a gripping station.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I would love to see more in-depth reviews on shafts, as far as helping generate launch height, and adding/reducing spin. I am someone who struggles getting launch on a driver, but launch my irons high with ease. Just love all the science behind golf shafts. To me that's where the gains are to be had vs switch year to year upgrading models.

😎😎😎

I actually just ran into a cool looking bag on social media I have never heard of but looks like a great concept!

Kahma golf international! Looks like a good idea! But I’m one to love o good unconventional bag!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it was mentioned,  but just saw an ad for ZeroFriction. It's an AlO bag push cart/electric push cart.

https://zerofriction.com/golfbags-all

wp_amazon_john_slide_f_b_gray_1_1_1.jpg.dd2a4e75f80db7f0af1385a2e44f4fcd.jpgwp_amazon_app_black.jpg.9d4637c114fb778bc6de36c0450132a0.jpgstride-gray.jpg.eaf9fb465b5e56f2354e1811afd94620.jpg