Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart

vamosjackets

Short Story: Best golf purchase I've ever made.

I've been using the Foresight ForeCaddy for about a year and a half now.  It actually started by me looking into this for my dad's sake. I wanted to get him out on the course walking more just to try to keep him in better overall health.  There was a guy at our club who had this R2D2 cart following him around, which always caught my attention.  I ended up talking to him about it, and he actually let us borrow it for a round to see how we got on with it.  After that round, it seemed like it would be worth it.  My dad used it for about a month and then stopped using it altogether.  He never walks a round, just always rides, so it sat in his garage unused for 6 months.  Finally, I asked him if I could use it instead of it just sitting there collecting dust, and he agreed.  

Here's why I love this thing:  It gets me out on the course walking/jogging 1-3 times/week, which is just great for my overall health ... So, even if I have a frustrating round, I'm still getting something good out of it - I don't ever feel like I've just completely wasted my time. It has taken a passion of mine and made it better for me.  I'm 42, former athlete, try to do the gym 2-3 times a week, but my motivation for exercise is not easy to come by these days.  But, with this, I find it easy to go out and walk/jog 3-4 miles over a 9-hole round or 6-7 miles over 18 holes.  Usually I only have time for 9 after work.  I usually jog about half the time and walk half the time.  I get some funny looks, but it's worth it, and sometimes leads to fun conversations.  It works reasonably well ... I'd say it's about 80% perfect with a few quirks that once you get used to them, it's mostly a smooth operation. 

Tidbits and Quirks:
Cost for me was around $1300, but I think it's slightly higher than that now. 
The charge lasts about 2 full rounds or 4 half-rounds.  
You charge the main cart battery as well as the remote.
You can charge the main battery by plugging in the cart itself or by easily removing just the battery and putting it in an included charging stand.  
It has a top speed that is a little slower than my fastest jog. So, when I do jog, I have to either jog at a fairly easy pace or jog faster and then slow down for it to catch up and repeat that process.
If you have the cart pointed in a direction directly opposite the direction you're about to walk, it will take off in that direction and keep going for a while.  That can obviously be a big deal if you're near a pond or ravine or something.  I've had to run catch it a couple times.  But, once I learned that, I just make sure I don't start walking with it facing the opposite direction.  
Every now and then (like once every couple rounds) it does something funky, like take a big radius around my starting path instead of sharply turning and quickly following my start path. 
The remote control feature doesn't work well for me. Maybe it could work well for someone else, but I haven't figured out how to control it well at all.  I never use that feature.  
It weighs about 24-30 lbs, and is a bit cumbersome, but overall I find it fairly easy to deal with.  It basically lives in the back of my car along with my clubs.  
I wish it had a better place to put my cell phone, rangefinder, and water bottle. 
It has really held up well and seems to have very good durability. 
If I have my kids or wife or someone playing/walking with me, they have to make sure to either stay in front of me or stay behind the cart - don't ever get between me and the cart or it will run into you.  The cart usually stays about 3-7 yards away during movement (more if I'm jogging faster, less if I'm just walking). 

Feel free to ask any questions.

Edited by vamosjackets
grammar correction

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

Good info and glad you're getting good use out of it!

Two suggestions - (1) tell us how you picked this over any others you may have looked at? and (2) a few pics of the features you're describing are always helpful.

Too bad about the remote, though .. have you tried contacting their customer support to ask about it..?

Anyway I have a really nice electric car that was a gift from my wife - it's not 100% perfect but I like to walk (not jog! 😉) my round and yeah it does make that easier and more enjoyable.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 5/17/2023 at 8:05 AM, cksurfdude said:

Good info and glad you're getting good use out of it!

Two suggestions - (1) tell us how you picked this over any others you may have looked at? and (2) a few pics of the features you're describing are always helpful.

Too bad about the remote, though .. have you tried contacting their customer support to ask about it..?

Anyway I have a really nice electric car that was a gift from my wife - it's not 100% perfect but I like to walk (not jog! 😉) my round and yeah it does make that easier and more enjoyable.

Good suggestions.  So, the main cause of us purchasing this particular cart was seeing it in action with the guy I mentioned at our local club.  That's what got our attention to even thinking about anything in this category.  Then he let us borrow it and use it for a round, and that sealed the deal.  I did do some research and found the Stewart follow carts and tried to do some comparisons.  The Forecaddy was significantly cheaper than the Stewart and, again the fact that we could experience it and had a good experience with it made it the logical choice for us.

I might try to add some pics/videos later.

Is your electric cart a follow cart or more of an assisted pushing cart?

Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 

On 5/11/2023 at 9:44 AM, vamosjackets said:

Short Story: Best golf purchase I've ever made.

I've been using the Foresight ForeCaddy for about a year and a half now.  It actually started by me looking into this for my dad's sake. I wanted to get him out on the course walking more just to try to keep him in better overall health.  There was a guy at our club who had this R2D2 cart following him around, which always caught my attention.  I ended up talking to him about it, and he actually let us borrow it for a round to see how we got on with it.  After that round, it seemed like it would be worth it.  My dad used it for about a month and then stopped using it altogether.  He never walks a round, just always rides, so it sat in his garage unused for 6 months.  Finally, I asked him if I could use it instead of it just sitting there collecting dust, and he agreed.  

Here's why I love this thing:  It gets me out on the course walking/jogging 1-3 times/week, which is just great for my overall health ... So, even if I have a frustrating round, I'm still getting something good out of it - I don't ever feel like I've just completely wasted my time. It has taken a passion of mine and made it better for me.  I'm 42, former athlete, try to do the gym 2-3 times a week, but my motivation for exercise is not easy to come by these days.  But, with this, I find it easy to go out and walk/jog 3-4 miles over a 9-hole round or 6-7 miles over 18 holes.  Usually I only have time for 9 after work.  I usually jog about half the time and walk half the time.  I get some funny looks, but it's worth it, and sometimes leads to fun conversations.  It works reasonably well ... I'd say it's about 80% perfect with a few quirks that once you get used to them, it's mostly a smooth operation. 

Tidbits and Quirks:
Cost for me was around $1300, but I think it's slightly higher than that now. 
The charge lasts about 2 full rounds or 4 half-rounds.  
You charge the main cart battery as well as the remote.
You can charge the main battery by plugging in the cart itself or by easily removing just the battery and putting it in an included charging stand.  
It has a top speed that is a little slower than my fastest jog. So, when I do jog, I have to either jog at a fairly easy pace or jog faster and then slow down for it to catch up and repeat that process.
If you have the cart pointed in a direction directly opposite the direction you're about to walk, it will take off in that direction and keep going for a while.  That can obviously be a big deal if you're near a pond or ravine or something.  I've had to run catch it a couple times.  But, once I learned that, I just make sure I don't start walking with it facing the opposite direction.  
Every now and then (like once every couple rounds) it does something funky, like take a big radius around my starting path instead of sharply turning and quickly following my start path. 
The remote control feature doesn't work well for me. Maybe it could work well for someone else, but I haven't figured out how to control it well at all.  I never use that feature.  
It weighs about 24-30 lbs, and is a bit cumbersome, but overall I find it fairly easy to deal with.  It basically lives in the back of my car along with my clubs.  
I wish it had a better place to put my cell phone, rangefinder, and water bottle. 
It has really held up well and seems to have very good durability. 
If I have my kids or wife or someone playing/walking with me, they have to make sure to either stay in front of me or stay behind the cart - don't ever get between me and the cart or it will run into you.  The cart usually stays about 3-7 yards away during movement (more if I'm jogging faster, less if I'm just walking). 

Feel free to ask any questions.

Anyway we can see some videos of how it operates?

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 11:25 PM, bocaf said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Foresight ForeCaddy! It's great to hear how it has positively impacted your overall health and enjoyment of the game. Here are a few questions based on your review:

How long does it take to set up the Foresight ForeCaddy before starting your round? Is it a straightforward process?

Can you provide more details about the quirks you mentioned? How did you adapt to them, and did they have a significant impact on your overall experience?

In terms of battery life, have you noticed any degradation over time? Does the performance remain consistent throughout the charge, or does it gradually slow down?

How does the Foresight ForeCaddy handle different types of terrains, such as hills, rough, or uneven surfaces? Does it have any difficulties navigating certain areas?

Have you encountered any issues with the durability of the cart or any components? How has it held up over time?

Are there any additional accessories or features you wish the Foresight ForeCaddy had, besides a better place to hold your cell phone, rangefinder, and water bottle?

How does the cart handle various weather conditions, such as rain or wet surfaces? Does it have any protective features or considerations for adverse weather?

Have you had any interactions with the customer support or maintenance of the Foresight ForeCaddy? How responsive and helpful have they been, if needed?

Thank you for offering to answer questions, and I look forward to hearing your insights!

How long does it take to set up the Foresight ForeCaddy before starting your round? Is it a straightforward process?

It takes very little time to set up or put away, very straight forward. Folded up, it about 2/3 the size of a full suitcase, and it weighs about 25 lbs.  That's probably the most challenging part of setting up or putting away is just lifting it in/out of the car.  It's not too bad though.  Even, my dad could do it with very little problem at 76 yrs old.  

Can you provide more details about the quirks you mentioned? How did you adapt to them, and did they have a significant impact on your overall experience?

Really, it's just a matter of spending time with it and learning the quirks and how best to deal with them.  It has had a small impact on my overall experience, but by no means a deal breaker.  

In terms of battery life, have you noticed any degradation over time? Does the performance remain consistent throughout the charge, or does it gradually slow down?

I have noticed no degradation over time so far.  The performance remains consistent from full to empty charge - no gradual slow down that I've noticed.

How does the Foresight ForeCaddy handle different types of terrains, such as hills, rough, or uneven surfaces? Does it have any difficulties navigating certain areas?

Overall, I'd say it handles different types of terrain like a champ.  It can't go up a hill that's extraordinarily steep.  It will normally just stop going and you have to go back to it.  It does not tilt over easily.  It will have trouble with an area in the woods that has a lot of pinestraw and pinecones - I've had it get stuck doing that a couple times (looking for others' balls of course, not mine 😉).  Also, had it get stuck once in boggy mud.  But, overall it does surprisingly well going over rough terrain (roots, bumps, reasonable hills, etc).  

Have you encountered any issues with the durability of the cart or any components? How has it held up over time?

I've had no problems.  Overall, I would describe it as VERY durable.  The other guy that has one at my club said that he had one part break - it's a pedal on the back that you step on that makes it fold up.  He said he contacted customer service and ... I'm having trouble remembering what happened. I remember it being an overall positive description, but I can't remember if he said they sent him a part and instructions or if he had to send it in to get fixed and wait for return.  That is probably a good thing to ask the company about before you order one.  

Are there any additional accessories or features you wish the Foresight ForeCaddy had, besides a better place to hold your cell phone, rangefinder, and water bottle?

Can't think of anything else.

How does the cart handle various weather conditions, such as rain or wet surfaces? Does it have any protective features or considerations for adverse weather?

Good question.  I've had it out in a little rain before with no problems, but nothing torrential. 

Have you had any interactions with the customer support or maintenance of the Foresight ForeCaddy? How responsive and helpful have they been, if needed?

I haven't had any need for interaction with customer support so far, though see previous answer about durability.  

• 6 months later...

I bought the Forecaddy when it first came out and have had nothing but problems with it ever since the handle broke after three uses, the front axle, bearings went bad, and the electrical system stopped working, and the customer service is horrible. I would highly recommend you do your homework and purchase another product. Thank you.