Another PGA Tour Event Loses Sponsor

GolfSpy_APH

Screenshot_20240112-002756.png

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/farmers-insurance-title-sponsorship-pga-tour-torrey-pines

Seems like a trend or beginning of one and I am sure with all the uncertainty surrounding the PGA Tour this isn't all that surprising.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Maybe Farmer’s is saving the money so that they can lower the rates for their customers? No? I don’t know either. The good news is that Torrey Pines has some time to find another sponsor to hopefully keep things operating smooth for the future. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

• GolfSpy_BEN changed the title to Another PGA Tour Event Loses Sponsor

I will continue to say this hoping someone is listening. Monahan needs to go so the tour can get some better direction and leadership.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.0 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - Ventus TR Reg
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 9 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I can’t say I’m surprised by this for the simple fact that Wells Fargo stopped being a sponsor not because of the LIV golf thing or anything of that magnitude. They didn’t want to pony up more money to continue to be a sponsor. Now 2+2 does not equal 5, and because of that fact, to say LIV golf didn’t have a reason for this is not quite accurate in my opinion. The PGA wanted higher purses at events meaning the sponsors would have to pony up more money which may not be beneficial to that company. I believe we will get new sponsors that are willing to give that money out, but I don’t think it is going to change the fact that more companies are going to stop their partnership and sponsorship with golf. Wells Fargo, Honda, and now Farmers are three huge companies. There will need to be three big companies to replace them to keep those events as top events. Who it comes from, I do not know. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

57 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I will continue to say this hoping someone is listening. Monahan needs to go so the tour can get some better direction and leadership.

First… Go Dawgs!!

Second…  they’re going to have a mutiny on their hands if something doesn’t happen.  Once a leader loses the trust of their people, nothing good happens after that.  

• Driver - Cobra LTDx Max
  • 3W - Callaway Paradym
  • 3h/4h - Callaway BB19
  • 5h - TM Stealth
  • 6i-P - Wilson D9 CB
  • 52* - Cobra SB Black
  • 56* - Callaway JAWS MD5
  • 60* - Mizuno T22 C-Grind
  • Putter - Cleveland HB 11 Soft Mallet 34"

1 hour ago, ParFore74x said:

Maybe Farmer’s is saving the money so that they can lower the rates for their customers? 

Nope, nope, nope... Once upon a time I worked for Farmer's.  

My favorite thing about golf is that you score on every play.

PXG 0811X Gen 4 Driver with Maltby UL shaft

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Wishon EQ1-NX  Hybrids

Takomo 101 Irons and Wedges

L.A.B. MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

MaxFli Tour X  ball

Farmers Insurance not renewing!!
That's a big one.

This is a very troubling trend for the PGA Tour

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

I definitely believe it is much more about the people they can invite and the connections they can make at these events vs the exposure the companies get. Imo.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

10 hours ago, GaDawg said:

The fact that he hasn't been pushed out yet is mind blowing.  

I'm sure this is the beginning of a trend with losing major sponsorships.  Pro sports in general has become all about the dollar signs and while I understand these guys wanting to make more money, I believe there is a tipping point for fans in general that will get tired of that mentality and viewership will crumble.

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

With the talk of PGA and LIV combining, numerous other sponsors have been asked for comment. All of them have come out to say “no comment”. Now I’m not going to speculate and say the three big ones that have announced the ending of their sponsorship for the pga, was solely based on the merger. But for the others saying “no comment”, that tells me they are either waiting to see if it goes through to announce they are ending its sponsorship or continue being a sponsor. There is no in between for the companies. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

15 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

The good news is that Torrey Pines has some time to find another sponsor to hopefully keep things operating smooth for the future. 

Idk might be tough to get someone to sponsor Torrey Pines... not much name recognition there 😉

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

The fact that he hasn't been pushed out yet is mind blowing. 

I've listened to a lot of podcasts where the general thought is that there's just not a singular leading candidate that makes sense at this time. Hoping someone emerges and can take the reigns soon though

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e3cc5559919d7bec2abdbe999c30614b.jpg P7CB (4-PW), Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff (testing in progress)

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

I think the PGA tour is on thin ice trying to balance the weight of the LIV agreement with the bigger prizes and their "designated" events. Sponsors are feeling squeezed for more and with what in return? Just sayin'.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Anticipatory cost cutting is my informed guess.

Seems logical that many companies will reevaluate their sponsorship roles with the recurring doomsday FUD spreading across the financial world and CNBC.

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

To quote an old song, "money....money changes everything".

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

I watched about 15 minutes of the Sony on Thursday and there were like 3 names that I recognized on the leader board and then flipped to a rerun of NCIS. I've got to imagine these sponsors are feeling that the ROI just isn't there any more without the big names to draw viewers in.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 1/12/2024 at 10:53 AM, EMacK1961 said:

I think the PGA tour is on thin ice trying to balance the weight of the LIV agreement with the bigger prizes and their "designated" events. Sponsors are feeling squeezed for more and with what in return? Just sayin'.

Basically that in so many words is what one of the wheels with Wells Fargo said

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G