Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is your golf pet peeve?

TSauer

...marshals that are telling you to speed up when the group in front is slowing you down... 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

My biggest pet peeve is having a bad attitude. I know at times we all get frustrated out there, but sometimes you just have to remember it’s a game and relax.

Have played with strangers that were pissed off from hole 1-18, and just really sucks the life out of the round.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

21 hours ago, RoverRick said:

While I agree this is bad, watching that same foursome waiting for the green to clear that’s 300 yards away, after one guy hit his tee shot 50 yards is the worst. And he still had 130 yards after his second shot. 

Honestly, we were used to them looking for balls by the time this happened on the 12th hole. 

On the other hand, my son once hit a 3 wood on an unfamiliar course from 315 and ran it across the green. The guy ahead was ready to take his head off for hitting the ball 20 yards from his daughter (60 feet away and rolling..... wow, someone could have died).

Epic Max 12 Driver

Titleist F915 3-Wood

Cobra Baffler Hybrids (3, 4, & 5)

Mizuno MP5 Irons

Titleist Vokey Wedges (50, 54, & 60)

Odessey #9 Stroke Labs Putter

Titleist Pro V1x

15 hours ago, Javs said:

Funny how many golfers hate slow play and yet it continues. Where do they come from? Must be all those not in the forum, ha ha

I hate it when I am in a group with slow players. It starts an argument if you say they are slow and you cannot personally make up for them without hurting your own game.
My wife and I were playing with another couple and my wife asked me on back of 14th green why I insist on letting singles and twosomes through (3 small groups in 14 holes). I told her that we have been out here 4 hours and still have an hour to go. We cannot make others suffer like we are.

Epic Max 12 Driver

Titleist F915 3-Wood

Cobra Baffler Hybrids (3, 4, & 5)

Mizuno MP5 Irons

Titleist Vokey Wedges (50, 54, & 60)

Odessey #9 Stroke Labs Putter

Titleist Pro V1x

You can almost write an entire season of a sitcom with this topic....lol.

Two things:

1) two-some ahead of me about 220 yards from the tee box chose to seemingly endlessly fish out golf balls from the stream and not once looking back to see if they are holding people (me) up.

2) taking too long to find their golf ball after slicing off the tee shot;  especially if they are still looking after everyone else hit their second shot.

"If you're struggling then just keep it simple by turning your shoulders and only use your hands to lift up and back down the club."

Looks like everything is covered: Ball marks, trash, slow play....let's add disrespecting the course and other players (loud music, chatter, ect...)

As for waiting and then hit shanking it, watch Larry David's video,"I never hit it that far."

Tyler...guess he's playing solo :-)

I thought I was going to come here and listen to a bunch of complaints about music etc.... But I was surprised to see that my pet peeve of slow play is the prevalent complaint. Watching people stand and talk as they stop on the green while we are all ready to hit in the fairway, is the most inconsiderate thing imaginable. Add in the guy who parks his cart 50 yards from the green and walks up and plays out, only to walk all the way aback to the cart when he could have simply hit his pitch shot and drove to the back of the green and played out, kills me. 

However, the guy who does not rake the trap after hacking his shot out and then walking up the highest face in the trap infuriates me. I will invariably be in that deep foot hole in the face with no shot. That is not the way the course was designed to be played. Divots on the green or the fairway are one thing and I can fix a lazy players divot, but I am not going to be able to repair the trap and then place my ball back on a steep sand face. It just ruins a scoring round either way. 

Edited by Gopokes14

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

22 hours ago, TSauer said:

Whether it be with mannerisms or course layout or something else that just drives you nuts... What is it?

I'll start, mine is when people aren't ready to hit when it's their turn. I used to golf with one of my father-in-law's friends and every time it was his turn to hit, he would still be in the cart carrying on conversation, finishing a smoke, and just oblivious to everything else going on. Needless to say, I don't golf with him anymore.

this is a good topic.... my number one, number ONE per peeve, when I'm on the tee box about to hit and you have someone from our group doing practice swings. so annoying 

Jlo

Slow play, any damage to the course that you don't attempt to repair or report if someone has caused horrific damage with cart antics, disrespect to other's on the course including slow play, drunks playing golf, it's okay to have a good time but the course is no place to be totally drunk. 

Edited by ChrisS

Set1
Driver - :cobra-small:Cobra King F6+ set 9.5 D, Matrix 65M4 Black Tie R-Flex 65g low-mid launch 
Fairway - :cobra-small:Cobra F6 3/4 and 7/8 both R-flex
Irons - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Steel R-flex 4-PW
Wedges - :cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX 50 and 54, and Smart Sole 3 58
Putter - Top Flite Tour Align 5
Rangefinder - Leupold GX-2i3

Set2

Driver - Custom Built - Accura SP-700 400cc 10deg 48.5" S-flex

Hybrids - :adams-small:Adams Idea A50s 3 and 4

Irons - :taylormade-small:Taylor Made Burner Oversize 3-PW, lightly used 3 and 4 still in original plastic(auction buy $15 w/bag and several other clubs)

Wedges - Snake Eyes 52 & 56 and Dunlop True Tech Lob 64

Putter - W :wilson-small:ilson Harmonized M1

Set 3

My original set approximately 43 years old and I occasionally take the irons out for a swing

:titelist-small:Titleist Lite 100

As far as pet peeves, the worst for me is playing with angry guys who yell, slam or throw clubs, and generally are unpleasant to be around.  Especially when they think every ball they hit should hole out!!  I golf to relax, enjoy the peace of the course, and to get away from the world! Nailing fairways, chipping in, draining long putts- that’s all bonus material! Have fun out there!! 

Love the game, Learning more every day!! 

SLOW PLAY

I also can not play at all if I wear white socks....  😬

Driver:  Callaway Rogue ST LS 9° w/ Mitsubishi Diamana XS

3 Wood:  Accepting applications!

5 Wood:  Mizuno STZ  w/ Fujikura Motore F3-8 XS

UT/Hybrid:  Titleist U505 #3 w/ KBS Tour PRO+ XS

Irons:  Mizuno 921 Forged 5-PW w/ KBS $-Taper 130

Wedges:  Ping Glide 4  50°, 56°, 60°

Putter:  TaylorMade Spider X

I don't want to sound like "Becker" ( TV serie in the late 90's) but here goes:

1. Guys that think they are that good ( Maschismo kinks in) and play the longer tees. They barely hit it past he tee box and OB.

2.  This one is for cart riders that are somewhat healthy: their balls are 50 yards apart on the fairway. They wait for first partner to hit and then drive over his/her ball. Golf is a sport, walk a little and get some exercise.

3. You get on the greens and it looks like the bottom of a bird cage. Sunflower seeds everywhere. How do you feel if someone spits on your dinner?

One can write a book on "Golf Irkism", but the object of the game is have fun and a positive attitude.

Bernie Gonzalez

48 minutes ago, flyingwedges said:

Incorrectly using the word 'golf' in any sentence. The word 'golf' is a noun. The word 'golf' is not an adjective.  The word 'golf' is not a verb. 

image.png

You need to be playing this ball, methinks. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

41 minutes ago, DaddyManX said:

Attractive Cart Girl. Ha!

That's your pet-peeve? You'd rather they look like me? (Trust me, buddy - I wouldn't wish that on anybody.)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

It seems like many topics covered already and here are my sentiments below:

1) Slow play - we all were beginners at one point and I remember when I decided to play this sport the first thing I did was to look up some quick etiquette guides.  Moral of the story is if your going to suck at least be fast about it.  Recently I was been behind a two-some on a golf cart spraying balls everywhere and hitting multiple tee shots and it was the worst trying to get them to hurry on up.  We were walking and kept having to wait for them to move on down the fairway.

2) Divots on the green - referring to the above if you are going to pick up the sport do some etiquette research and repair your divots and don't trash the greens!  I hate it when you show up and you see all these divots everywhere!!!!

JCgolfer

Make small improvements!

Making upgrades to my outdated golf set.

Love reading and keeping up with the new golf tech.

#1 Pet Peeve - Is people complaining about slow play ... hear me out.  I dislike a long round too and do everything in my power to help my game along and the people in my foursome.  But I'd rather manage through most or even all of the pet peeves like unfixed divots, unraked bunkers and even being paired with someone who gives unwanted advice or has a temper, than the petulant child in the group behind you telling you to "speed it up" when you yourself are also waiting on the group ahead of you.  If you're an experienced golfer:

1.  Have your expectations match reality.  You know a late Saturday tee time on a public course isn't going to be fast.  Just like traffic at rush hour.  Take a breath and enjoy your time on the golf course, there are worse places to be. 
  2.  Is the group ahead not as fast as you?  Relax, you'll probably still finish in a reasonable amount of time. 
  3.  How do you react when someone "hits up on you"?  You could have been seriously injured, right?  Or you at least think it's bad etiquette and rude.  So then don't expect the group in front of you to hit until they feel comfortable that the group ahead of them is out of the way.  
  4.  Are you trying to play fast because you have things to do or places to be?  That's your problem, don't make it someone else's.  Are you that skilled and time is important to you?  Pick the right course and time and/or pay up for exclusivity.  
  5.  Golf is a hobby with people at varying experience, knowledge and skill.  Foster it.  Spread the love of the game and quit saying "get out of MY way because I'm better than you".  Nothing is worse than having someone breathe down your neck for no reason and bring bad vibes.
  6. Kindness - People in front of you are playing slow?  Ask about the group ahead of them, I bet they're slow too.  It's traffic, no one is going anywhere fast, accept it.  Grumpy old men always blame the people in front and can't fathom to think that anyone else is also waiting on slow play too.  Quit being self-absorbed.
  7. Ask kindly to play through if you can see the group ahead is slow.  You'll probably get a "yes", and an apology too!
  8. Do you play often, and are a regular at this course with your 3 friends?  Then I'm sure your club selection is fast and you know where to look for your ball.  Other people may be playing there for the first time with people they don't know.  It's not always a well-oiled machine.  

TL;DR - If you are on a golf course and you can't find a way to enjoy a few extra minutes on each hole on a slow day, talking to your friend or getting to know the stranger you're paired with, their golf equipment, trips or funny stories, than YOU have a problem.  The world doesn't revolve around you, your skill level and your schedule.  People are having fun, fostering relationships (Parent/child, spouse, friends, new acquaintances, etc.) and creating memories around a game that you claim to respect and enjoy.  Don't lose sight of that.

6 minutes ago, JDNYC42 said:

TL;DR - If you are on a golf course and you can't find a way to enjoy a few extra minutes on each hole on a slow day, talking to your friend or getting to know the stranger you're paired with, their golf equipment, trips or funny stories, than YOU have a problem.  The world doesn't revolve around you, your skill level and your schedule.  People are having fun, fostering relationships (Parent/child, spouse, friends, new acquaintances, etc.) and creating memories around a game that you claim to respect and enjoy.  Don't lose sight of that.

Absolutely LOVE this.  Appreciate the point of view - some of my best conversations have come from "long" rounds, just hanging around the tee box, laughing, bullsh*tting, etc.  

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Not yelling fore on a slice that's clearly heading towards another hole and as it seems roughly 90% of people have responded, unnecessary slow play. If the course is busy and there's a 3 group backup on a par 3, there's really not much you can do about it. But that backup was probably caused by a slow group and it just compounds over time.

This might have been an interesting poll question to see percentages of responses.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

20 minutes ago, JDNYC42 said:

#1 Pet Peeve - Is people complaining about slow play ... hear me out.  I dislike a long round too and do everything in my power to help my game along and the people in my foursome.  But I'd rather manage through most or even all of the pet peeves like unfixed divots, unraked bunkers and even being paired with someone who gives unwanted advice or has a temper, than the petulant child in the group behind you telling you to "speed it up" when you yourself are also waiting on the group ahead of you.  If you're an experienced golfer:

1.  Have your expectations match reality.  You know a late Saturday tee time on a public course isn't going to be fast.  Just like traffic at rush hour.  Take a breath and enjoy your time on the golf course, there are worse places to be. 
  2.  Is the group ahead not as fast as you?  Relax, you'll probably still finish in a reasonable amount of time. 
  3.  How do you react when someone "hits up on you"?  You could have been seriously injured, right?  Or you at least think it's bad etiquette and rude.  So then don't expect the group in front of you to hit until they feel comfortable that the group ahead of them is out of the way.  
  4.  Are you trying to play fast because you have things to do or places to be?  That's your problem, don't make it someone else's.  Are you that skilled and time is important to you?  Pick the right course and time and/or pay up for exclusivity.  
  5.  Golf is a hobby with people at varying experience, knowledge and skill.  Foster it.  Spread the love of the game and quit saying "get out of MY way because I'm better than you".  Nothing is worse than having someone breathe down your neck for no reason and bring bad vibes.
  6. Kindness - People in front of you are playing slow?  Ask about the group ahead of them, I bet they're slow too.  It's traffic, no one is going anywhere fast, accept it.  Grumpy old men always blame the people in front and can't fathom to think that anyone else is also waiting on slow play too.  Quit being self-absorbed.
  7. Ask kindly to play through if you can see the group ahead is slow.  You'll probably get a "yes", and an apology too!
  8. Do you play often, and are a regular at this course with your 3 friends?  Then I'm sure your club selection is fast and you know where to look for your ball.  Other people may be playing there for the first time with people they don't know.  It's not always a well-oiled machine.  

I agree somewhat on the slow play if its not being dictated by endless searching for a ball or just not paying attention to where your ball went when you hit it. We all know the folks that are losing a lot of balls. Be prepared and bring a lot. I think being ready to drop after 60 seconds of looking would go a longgggg way.

100% agree on your points, I just think some slow play could be avoided with a little attention.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!