How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

So I played in our interclub again this week. I hesitate to post this, but it's just another day of golf. We played on the road at Firethorne Country Club. Started okay then had a tough time on the greens early, 6 over through 8, birdie on 9 for 41 on the front, then something happened on the back 9, it all came together. Birdie 10, birdie 13, birdie 17, everything else pars. 33 on the back. It was very surreal. Finished with 74, best round in along time. I had a good day. It was awesome. I wish I could bag that swing up and take it with me.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I played ok today shot 75 today, but I felt so tired. I carried my lite bag with 7 clubs so it's not the bag. At the turn I felt a little light headed so I stopped for some sandwich and cold sodas, felt better so I continued on.

Last dr visit, he told me that I'm anemic and my iron count is dangerously low and sent me home with supplements, I felt a bit better for the last few weeks so I decided to get some exercise in. Another member was riding and caught me on the 12th so I hitched a ride with him and played the redt of the back nine. So I guess I'm going to be riding for the next few weeks. Now I'm craving a bloody rare steak, it's weird.

Take care of yourself. My irregular heartbeat surfaced playing in the summer heat.

It's important to have the right nutrients in your body. I hope you get back to normal quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Take care of yourself. My irregular heartbeat surfaced playing in the summer heat.

It's important to have the right nutrients in your body. I hope you get back to normal quickly.

Thanks rev. Took it easy today and drove the cart. Play from the tip today with a friend. Shot a little better than yesterday. I thought I was shooting par but when I check I actually shot 74. My putter felt good and the pitch shots were right in the money. Most of my second shots were straight not my 10 yard draw.

On one hand if it stays like that I'd love it but for today it was a little disappointing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the older we get the more careful we have to be. Heat doesn't have favorites.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Take it easy Rev.  You have a lot of stress in your life right now.  Don't take unnecessary risks.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played with a couple that we have played with many times before.  We didn't plan it; they saw our name on the tee sheet and showed up 10 minutes before we were to tee off.  Very nice couple but he has been really struggling, and has been trying everything he can think of to hit a decent shot.  He never did.  He never asked for advice, and I didn't offer any.  I know what he was going through because I've had days like that.  It probably wasn't helping that I hit good shots all day.  He finally called it quits on #14, apologized and headed back to the clubhouse in his cart.  His wife walks with a push cart and finished the round with us.

I almost had two aces today.  The first came on #8, a 190 yard par 3.  From a slightly elevated tee I watched the ball land and roll right by the pin to 8 feet.  Missed the putt.  On hole #15 playing 157 yards, my tee shot went right at the pin but into the sun, I couldn't see it land.  It was a foot past the pin; tap-in birdie.  Overall, not a bad round except for a double on #13.  Shot 41/38 for my first sub-80 round in more than two months.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today I had a super discouraging front 9 followed by a "oh hey this game isn't so hard" back 9. I'm not a good golfer, broke 100 for the first time a little over a month ago. But feel like I'm capable of much better golf than I play. I've had coaches and better players tell me that I have a good swing, but I have yet to have everything click. Today I scored +15 on the front and just a +6 on the back. This is a personal best for me but it's just so frustrating. The back nine included a chip in from an awkward position for par and a 30 foot putt for birdie, why couldn't even a little bit of that happen on the front 9? The good is that my irons are pretty consistent the bad is that neither my driver nor my woods are working consistently off the tee. I want so bad to be even just a "decent" golfer.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've had four rounds in the past few weeks (since not playing for over 8), and the most recent was at Tour 18 in Houston. While my score was atrocious, my 9th and 10th holes, 1 & 2 on the card, were both birdies. First a drive to center fairway of Harbour Town 18, but a bit short. Then 195 to a tight pin that I stuffed inside 10' with my 4i..sank the putt surprisingly. Next hole was Bay Hill 6. Drive to a safe spot, leaving about 225 to pin and nailed my 18* hybrid about 30' past, and nestled the eagle putt up to about two feet. Best two holes I've ever played back to back. I'm looking forward to getting back there when I move and playing more often. I loved the Augusta holes they used.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

Played Thursday. Was opposite of Tuesday, and a worse score. 27% of fairways, 33% of greens, 2 putts per hole... I shot 42 on the front with TWO birdies. Two triples, and a double as well. "Frustrated " doesn't even come close to describing my game right now

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just went out for 9 today. We figured we'd play from the tips for once to get a different look at the course even though it was quite windy out. I tell you what, that was extremely enjoyable because you really had to attack the course in a totally new way. The sight lines for our course are basically the same from white to blue but are drastically different from blue to gold.

So to the score: I was 2 under after 4 and the swing felt great. I texted my wife at this point to see if I could stay for 18 and try to break 80 for the first time. Of course the wheels fell off once she vetoed me (mother in law's birthday party) and I had to kick the scramble game into high gear just to finish with a +3 39.

Until next time!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

*humble brag warning*

So we came to the final week of our Wednesday night league before the playoffs start this past Wednesday. My partner is in Scotland for 2 weeks and the sub he had for this week did not show. Our league is a 3 point max system and I wound up earning a paltry .5 point because I came back from 2 down with 2 to play to tie my match (shot a 44 overall and I'm a 21 right now). This put us into a tie for the last spot in the playoffs and a 9 hole playoff was required to determine a winner. Subs aren't allowed and my partner is still in Scotland so I manned up and never trailed today. The best part of my game was the mallet. I didn't do anything tee to green necessarily great but it wasn't a disaster either. Won my singles match 4 and 3 and locked the team point up at 2 and 1. Feels good to actually play well and get rewarded for it. Now on to play the 1 seed all alone.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

+4 76 today with 29 putts. Best round in 2 months; swing changes starting to yield results. EvnRoll ER2 will go to the grave with me.

Oh, and those Mizunos I'm testing? So much to say, but I guess you'll have to wait for the review thread...but I'm grinning from ear to ear [emoji3]

If you decide the mizzie are not for you, ide be happy to take a spin with them... ;0)

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Thanks rev. Took it easy today and drove the cart. Play from the tip today with a friend. Shot a little better than yesterday. I thought I was shooting par but when I check I actually shot 74. My putter felt good and the pitch shots were right in the money. Most of my second shots were straight not my 10 yard draw.

On one hand if it stays like that I'd love it but for today it was a little disappointing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey rusty, what part of SoCal do you live in? I'm in Camarillo

I live in West Covina

Bout 1-1/2 hours away-

Say if you find yourself up here ever- gimme a buzz, would love to get my ass kicked by another MGS member!

Today I had a super discouraging front 9 followed by a "oh hey this game isn't so hard" back 9. I'm not a good golfer, broke 100 for the first time a little over a month ago. But feel like I'm capable of much better golf than I play. I've had coaches and better players tell me that I have a good swing, but I have yet to have everything click. Today I scored +15 on the front and just a +6 on the back. This is a personal best for me but it's just so frustrating. The back nine included a chip in from an awkward position for par and a 30 foot putt for birdie, why couldn't even a little bit of that happen on the front 9? The good is that my irons are pretty consistent the bad is that neither my driver nor my woods are working consistently off the tee. I want so bad to be even just a "decent" golfer.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am soooo with you on all of that! Very much a similar story here. Hang in there, be persistent, keep working .. stay positive! .. and good things will start to happen [emoji106]

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 18 at my club this morning and hit it marginal at best. Limped in with 79 and not much good to say about the round. Went to the beach club for a few hours then back to play another round with my son. We played the front nine on our own balls and the back as alternate shot. Based on some of the places he left me is allowance is cut way back for the next few weeks. He is a mean little 11 year old.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Played 18 at my club this morning and hit it marginal at best. Limped in with 79 and not much good to say about the round. Went to the beach club for a few hours then back to play another round with my son. We played the front nine on our own balls and the back as alternate shot. Based on some of the places he left me is allowance is cut way back for the next few weeks. He is a mean little 11 year old.

Just wait until he turns 13[emoji3]

He may own U[emoji41]

Good to see your having a great time together.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Happy with how I played overall;  iron play, chipping, and putting were good. Been struggling off the tee and it resulted in a couple of big numbers that really hurt my score.  One I decided to layup off the tee since the hole was downwind and I have a tendency to hit through the fairway.  Ended up snap hooking the tee shot under a bush in a waste area; carded a double.  Other big number was the result of another snap hook requiring a chip back into the fairway;  after a couple of less than great shots I ended up with a triple.  

Fairways hit has dropped down to the 50% range the past few weeks from the 70% range.  Definitely frustrating;  been seeing a lot of discussion about shortening driver shafts so I am toying with the idea of cutting down my backup driver to see how it works.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just wait until he turns 13[emoji3]

He may own U[emoji41]

Good to see your having a great time together.

Is just might be by the time he is 12. He can roll the rock and has a pretty good short game. I am toast once he figures out how to generate some more power.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Happy with how I played overall; iron play, chipping, and putting were good. Been struggling off the tee and it resulted in a couple of big numbers that really hurt my score. One I decided to layup off the tee since the hole was downwind and I have a tendency to hit through the fairway. Ended up snap hooking the tee shot under a bush in a waste area; carded a double. Other big number was the result of another snap hook requiring a chip back into the fairway; after a couple of less than great shots I ended up with a triple.

Fairways hit has dropped down to the 50% range the past few weeks from the 70% range. Definitely frustrating; been seeing a lot of discussion about shortening driver shafts so I am toying with the idea of cutting down my backup driver to see how it works.

My driver and 3w are matching models and I've played a few rounds taking a wrench and putting the driver head on the 3w shaft. A hair short for my liking, but it did straighten out for me a bit

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am soooo with you on all of that! Very much a similar story here. Hang in there, be persistent, keep working .. stay positive! .. and good things will start to happen [emoji106]

Is this speaking from experience, or are you just saying that?   :D

IMG_1589.PNG

Not a bad day but this course kicked my butt!'

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Me and my buddy ended up shooting 62-58 to come in 3rd in a 2 man scramble this weekend. But even better, we got ourselves for cheap in the Calcutta and finished 2nd in it. Not a bad little payout.

I also made my first ever Albatross this weekend. Crushed a drive on the par 5 6th that went left into the fairway of the 4th hole leaving us 129 yards. Then hit a gap wedge about a yard behind the stick that spun back into the hole.

20170730_181828.jpg

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Me and my buddy ended up shooting 62-58 to come in 3rd in a 2 man scramble this weekend. But even better, we got ourselves for cheap in the Calcutta and finished 2nd in it. Not a bad little payout.

I also made my first ever Albatross this weekend. Crushed a drive on the par 5 6th than went left into the fairway of the 4th hole leaving us 129 yards. Then it a gap wedge about a yard behind the stick that spun back into the hole.

attachicon.gif20170730_181828.jpg

Sweeeeeeet!!!!  Congrats!  

Sweeeeeeet!!!!  Congrats!  

Thanks dude! I've never had that or a hole in one before so I'll take it!

Wow! Only 129y into a Par 5, how long was the drive?

It was a short par 5 but the fairway is really tight. Only 475 on the card. Prolly 465 from where the tees actually were. Live oak trees left and right with a pond long right. I carried the live Oaks on the left and it went through the pine tree line into #4 fairway. I'd guess I hit it somewhere in the 340 to 350 range as the crow flies. I'm sure it got a big first hop off the hard pan where it landed. Straight down the fairway of the hole i was playing would put it at 336 if my scorecard yardage math is correct.

I got lucky that I didn't catch any of the trees tbh. 

Is just might be by the time he is 12. He can roll the rock and has a pretty good short game. I am toast once he figures out how to generate some more power.

Y gotta stay 3 steps ahead once he catches up..........[emoji3]

Rick

Left Hand,