Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Charity scrambles can b fun but usually sllooww. It's amazing how some teams can't "count" very well.

Congratulations on 3rd and shop credit also a plus.

I played a scramble a little while ago, and they had rule that you always two-putted. If no one makes the first putt, pick it up. Really sped things up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That would have sped things up. On the second hole we played, a short par 5, we waited on the tee for close to ten minutes and another 10 or so in the fairway. The group in from of us made and 8. We made an easy 4 then promptly waited on the next tee box while they made a 6 on a par 3.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

That would have sped things up. On the second hole we played, a short par 5, we waited on the tee for close to ten minutes and another 10 or so in the fairway. The group in from of us made and 8. We made an easy 4 then promptly waited on the next tee box while they made a 6 on a par 3.

Yup, Charity golf. They r great for the Charities and area economic benefits. Unfortunately quite a few participants don't play golf and have no idea what's going on.

They fun at the time, necessary for the community but I don't miss playing in them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

40 / 45 = 85 today.    I finished third in out blitz & picked up ten bucks.   I had two birds with one a real beauty on #18    Smacked a great drive and hit a nine iron 135 to two foot.  That's the kind of shot that brings ya back again.  :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

36-35 for a 71

Holed out the chip on the 12. It was a slow round today. We follow the ladies shotgun, and I joined the regular 4some so lucky me. If not I'd be sandwiched between the 4some.

They are all retired officers and nonstop talkers so it worked out great for me as I kept my head out of the game. Bogeyed all par 3s which is really unusual. I usually par at least 3 out of 4 but made good birdie on the par 5s which I reached on 2 holes another unusual things. I guess it balances out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

36-35 for a 71

Holed out the chip on the 12. It was a slow round today. We follow the ladies shotgun, and I joined the regular 4some so lucky me. If not I'd be sandwiched between the 4some.

They are all retired officers and nonstop talkers so it worked out great for me as I kept my head out of the game. Bogeyed all par 3s which is really unusual. I usually par at least 3 out of 4 but made good birdie on the par 5s which I reached on 2 holes another unusual things. I guess it balances out.

71 great day!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

36-35 for a 71

9i 135, I can't do that anymore!

Rick

Left Hand, 

40 / 45 = 85 today.    I finished third in out blitz & picked up ten bucks.   I had two birds with one a real beauty on #18    Smacked a great drive and hit a nine iron 135 to two foot.  That's the kind of shot that brings ya back again.  :D

I kid you not. I smacked my a great drive on 18 and hit my 9i 135. Well I still have an 8 footer and drained that for a bird.

I hope to continue the under par streaks. At the same time looking forward to my next hc card. Hopefully it's 1.

I don't know what an under par streak isGood luck.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot 77 today. Not too bad for me. Had a triple on 11 that killed me...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

IMG_0886.JPG

I played well today. A couple two putts that shoulda been ones kept me from going real low!

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Well I got to take my swing change to the course today as a sub in a league. 42, not a great result but the how was. I kept hitting my approaches too far. I haven't had that problem in forever.

I actually had a career drive on a hole which is unbelievable here in July. I was a full club maybe even club and a half longer than normal. Sadly the course I played is old school. Long meant down hill out of gnarly rough or lines off the tee that put me in trees sometimes. I can manage different lines off the tee. And I can manage hitting less club if it holds.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My 135 9i days are long gone!  Good job!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My 135 9i days are long gone! Good job!!

It's funny how things work out because my 8 iron is my 140 club. On 18 at my course you do not won't to be long because you are putting back down a slippery slope. I took my nine out to make sure I stayed below the hole. The pin was stuck on the back portion of the green and when I struck the shot I knew it was a good one however you can't see the ball land because you're hitting uphill. It was better than good all nestled up next to the hole!

Cleveland

My 135 9i days are long gone! Good job!!

Well mine were back yesterday - sadly it was when I had 125. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

45/45=90... Still chasing the white whale. Honestly this was the most frustrating way to do it. 6 pars, 6 Bogeys, 6 Double's.  Had a par streak on the back 9 of 2 holes going, Was feeling good, then the dreaded 205 yd par 3 thats over a valley, so you cant miss short, took a double, next hole par 5, double, looked at my playing partner and said there goes my sub 90. 2 holes left 16 over, hole I always struggle with par'd. Needed a 5 or better on the last hole, decided to play it smart and put the driver away for my hybrid (best distance club in the bag) Duffed the tee shot about 100 yards, great recovery shot about 80 yards out (watch said it was 105 when I looked at it before the shot) pulled out my 100 club, 15 yards behind the pin on the fringe. Putting has been my strength all day, beautiful lag putt, about 18 inches from the hole tops (all I have to do it tap it in) and I break 90! Guys I'm with say that's good (they know I never miss those). Couldnt take a milestone on a gimme.  Lined it up, the GPS watch decided to vibrate right as I went to putt, pushed it for a 6... 90 again. (we had no one behind us, so I attempted the putt 10 more times, drained all 10).

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

45/45=90... Still chasing the white whale. Honestly this was the most frustrating way to do it. 6 pars, 6 Bogeys, 6 Double's. Had a par streak on the back 9 of 2 holes going, Was feeling good, then the dreaded 205 yd par 3 thats over a valley, so you cant miss short, took a double, next hole par 5, double, looked at my playing partner and said there goes my sub 90. 2 holes left 16 over, hole I always struggle with par'd. Needed a 5 or better on the last hole, decided to play it smart and put the driver away for my hybrid (best distance club in the bag) Duffed the tee shot about 100 yards, great recovery shot about 80 yards out (watch said it was 105 when I looked at it before the shot) pulled out my 100 club, 15 yards behind the pin on the fringe. Putting has been my strength all day, beautiful lag putt, about 18 inches from the hole tops (all I have to do it tap it in) and I break 90! Guys I'm with say that's good (they know I never miss those). Couldnt take a milestone on a gimme. Lined it up, the GPS watch decided to vibrate right as I went to putt, pushed it for a 6... 90 again. (we had no one behind us, so I attempted the putt 10 more times, drained all 10).

Man that sucks but you'll get there, you are so close.

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

45/45=90... Still chasing the white whale. Honestly this was the most frustrating way to do it. 6 pars, 6 Bogeys, 6 Double's.  Had a par streak on the back 9 of 2 holes going, Was feeling good, then the dreaded 205 yd par 3 thats over a valley, so you cant miss short, took a double, next hole par 5, double, looked at my playing partner and said there goes my sub 90. 2 holes left 16 over, hole I always struggle with par'd. Needed a 5 or better on the last hole, decided to play it smart and put the driver away for my hybrid (best distance club in the bag) Duffed the tee shot about 100 yards, great recovery shot about 80 yards out (watch said it was 105 when I looked at it before the shot) pulled out my 100 club, 15 yards behind the pin on the fringe. Putting has been my strength all day, beautiful lag putt, about 18 inches from the hole tops (all I have to do it tap it in) and I break 90! Guys I'm with say that's good (they know I never miss those). Couldnt take a milestone on a gimme.  Lined it up, the GPS watch decided to vibrate right as I went to putt, pushed it for a 6... 90 again. (we had no one behind us, so I attempted the putt 10 more times, drained all 10).

I predict you will break ninety within the next five rounds!   You got this!

Cleveland

Man that sucks but you'll get there, you are so close.

Thanks, that like my 5th 90 this year. Its funny because last summer if I was playing to an 18 over I'd have taken it all summer. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

45/45=90... Still chasing the white whale. Honestly this was the most frustrating way to do it. 6 pars, 6 Bogeys, 6 Double's. Had a par streak on the back 9 of 2 holes going, Was feeling good, then the dreaded 205 yd par 3 thats over a valley, so you cant miss short, took a double, next hole par 5, double, looked at my playing partner and said there goes my sub 90. 2 holes left 16 over, hole I always struggle with par'd. Needed a 5 or better on the last hole, decided to play it smart and put the driver away for my hybrid (best distance club in the bag) Duffed the tee shot about 100 yards, great recovery shot about 80 yards out (watch said it was 105 when I looked at it before the shot) pulled out my 100 club, 15 yards behind the pin on the fringe. Putting has been my strength all day, beautiful lag putt, about 18 inches from the hole tops (all I have to do it tap it in) and I break 90! Guys I'm with say that's good (they know I never miss those). Couldnt take a milestone on a gimme. Lined it up, the GPS watch decided to vibrate right as I went to putt, pushed it for a 6... 90 again. (we had no one behind us, so I attempted the putt 10 more times, drained all 10).

What a kick in the nuts. Sorry to hear. But if you're that close, it won't take long!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What a kick in the nuts. Sorry to hear. But if you're that close, it won't take long!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It'll happen, been there. Took me FOREVER to break 80! Still don't on a regular basis.

Keep the faith!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

It'll happen, been there. Took me FOREVER to break 80! Still don't on a regular basis.

Keep the faith!!

I only break 80 2-3 times a year, I really should more often but always make dumb decisions 😂. Week before last I was 3 over on the front, usually I'm better on the back. Shoot freaking 10 over on the back for an 83 😢

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I don't think what I did yesterday qualifies as playing golf - worst round in a long, long time. I should have stopped keeping score, but wanted to see just how bad it was. 98. I was hitting almost everything off the toe. When natural shot shape is straight/fade, the toe shots off woods were ratcheting off to the left, which is death on the back 9 of the course I was playing. The only bright spot was putting is still pretty solid.

I'm tempted to somewhat blame the amount of manual labor I was doing Monday (a huge tree fell behind my house, so hours of chainsaw operation), but I didn't feel overly stiff or sore.

I need to hit the range, badly and perhaps mix in a lesson or six.

All in all, it was more fun than anything else I could have been doing at the time, but frustrating nonetheless.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Things are not going well. Shot an evil 86 this morning, 44/42. The shoulder is not good. Cannot full swing, longest drive 205 yards avg 180. About 10/15 short on all irons really just floundering around for 4 hours.

Getting orthopedic Doc appt lined up. Got to do something.

No golf tomorrow. We have a neighborhood afternoon lunch/dinner trip planned. We get to Restaurant by their shuttle bus right at Happy Hour!! Then bring us all back to my house after dinner. Somebody has to do it

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 9 two days in a row.

"A Tale of Two Cities"

Traveling in NC after going to step son's graduation from Step 2 of Marine training. First stop was North Shore GC (Sneads Ferry).

Please note the following caveats before I post my score:

* Played from the way way waaaaay up Red Tees

* Rating is only 68.9 with a slope of 126

* Par 36 at 2427 yds

* Took 1 Mulligan on #2

So... I went Par, Par then Bogey the rest except for one hole was Double; so ended at +8 for a 44.

Career best to date :)

Either had an extra shot to the green - as after #1 (which I hit ok strangely enough) I could not get off the tee decently if you paid me! - or an extra putt .. had 3 x 3-putts. On that double I had both an extra shot to the green and a 3 putt.....

Felt loose and was mostly making good contact.

Today...

Played the Back 9 at Oak Island GC, Caswell Beach NC. Played from the Golds rated a lowly 67.3/116, 2635 yds.

Felt tight and constricted and could not hit a tee shot .. or much else .. even if you'd held a gun to my head...!

Started off with a Double, then alternated Bogey or Double except for my MAJOR blow-up hole where I earned myself a 12. Yep, 12 on a somewhat but not ridiculously hard Par 5. Hit the water twice. TWICE! In two different places, too, not like i screwed up the penalty shot after the first one. Who does that on one hole??!!?? Sheesh.........

Not much else was working well. Had one good, one decent hybrid shot; a few OK-ish but not great irons and one good wedge shot. Did get out of one greenside bunker ok in one (whew!), otherwise short game was weak and putting so-so.

So ended at +17 for 9.

OUCH!

Maybe tmrw?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 9 two days in a row.

"A Tale of Two Cities"

Traveling in NC after going to step son's graduation from Step 2 of Marine training. First stop was North Shore GC (Sneads Ferry).

Please note the following caveats before I post my score:

* Played from the way way waaaaay up Red Tees

* Rating is only 68.9 with a slope of 126

* Par 36 at 2427 yds

* Took 1 Mulligan on #2

So... I went Par, Par then Bogey the rest except for one hole was Double; so ended at +8 for a 44.

Career best to date :)

Either had an extra shot to the green - as after #1 (which I hit ok strangely enough) I could not get off the tee decently if you paid me! - or an extra putt .. had 3 x 3-putts. On that double I had both an extra shot to the green and a 3 putt.....

Felt loose and was mostly making good contact.

Today...

Played the Back 9 at Oak Island GC, Caswell Beach NC. Played from the Golds rated a lowly 67.3/116, 2635 yds.

Felt tight and constricted and could not hit a tee shot .. or much else .. even if you'd held a gun to my head...!

Started off with a Double, then alternated Bogey or Double except for my MAJOR blow-up hole where I earned myself a 12. Yep, 12 on a somewhat but not ridiculously hard Par 5. Hit the water twice. TWICE! In two different places, too, not like i screwed up the penalty shot after the first one. Who does that on one hole??!!?? Sheesh.........

Not much else was working well. Had one good, one decent hybrid shot; a few OK-ish but not great irons and one good wedge shot. Did get out of one greenside bunker ok in one (whew!), otherwise short game was weak and putting so-so.

So ended at +17 for 9.

OUCH!

Maybe tmrw?

Congratulations for your son, something to be proud of.

Golf well.......you're right there's always tomorrow

Rick

Left Hand, 

I had a great day yesterday (men's league). Generally I don't play well with this group - on average I'm shooting 105. Yesterday was a 92 - so close to breaking 90 which is my goal this year (and doing it consistently).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Shot 81 today. It was one of those days where the score isn't too bad, but you just left a bunch of strokes out there...

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Shot 81 today. It was one of those days where the score isn't too bad, but you just left a bunch of strokes out there...

Gotta love those days where your score does not show how you played. I feel like I dodged a bullet when they add the scores up and I am a few shots lower than I felt I played.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app