Golf carts

JCole

New ? Of the day. Does your golf course allow you to bring your own electric or gas golf cart on the course? And is it an investment you would make

Ping v2 raptor driver

ray cook sr900 putter

My wife and I bought one last year. I complained about it but now realizing it was a great purchase. Our Local Muni allows us to store it there. We have to pay trail fees and storage fees. But with our upcoming newborn it will allow us to get a round in faster. 

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 LS Project X Handcraft T1100 6.0

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW KBS $ Taper X

Wedges: SM10 48,52.56,60 DG Tour Issue S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider X tour

Ball: Bridgestone XS 

My home course allows it members to have their own carts. Every year when membership is due, they tack on my cart shed rental & tracking fees for the golf year. This years cart tracking fee is $152 and my yearly cart shed rental was $285. That is a bargain. Just the convenience alone of not having to haul my clubs back and forth from the house to the course is worth it. 

2019 Yamaha, Quiet Tech EFI golf cart,a.jpg

Taylormade SIM MAX 12* Driver

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 3, 5 and 7 woods

Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 7 wood

Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal, High Launch irons, 6-PW, GW

Titliest SM 10, 54* wedge

Cleveland RTX-3, 60* LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 Centre Shaft Putter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

0A93F935-2684-4BBD-950B-ABFB43103396.jpeg.611a61f8b99ec639252f8b3a7e26d021.jpeg8A3DC9A2-7135-4AD1-BBC5-9DC22E1F05CE.jpeg.4e71a91dc7c5e56b4ca34d12bcacfc18.jpegMy home course allows personal carts with a very reasonable trail fee (1/3 of yearly rental) . I normally walk but after moving onto the course the family wanted an easier way to get to and from the home to pool and clubhouse- ours based and evolution - with rear seats to allow for better transport of more than two people. Also better price than clubcar for much more features standard and street legal. with touchscreen and built in cooler under seat 

BKMiami

Counting down to golf being my fulltime job

• 2 weeks later...

My home club allows us to own our own golf cart.  Must be electric, white or off white, cannot be lifted with off road tires, has to be inspected by club each year and we pay $1062 for trail fee annually.  You can get a annual similar cost deal to use on of the club's carts whenever you want.  To me, being able to keep my stuff in my own cart and drive it to and from the club is worth the cost of maintaining my own cart.  I play well over 200 rounds per year just at my club.  

I am debating buying a new cart as I respond to this topic.  One of our members owns a company that sells carts and I have discussed options on a new cart with him.  He is taking a 3 month vacation (must be a lucrative job) to Florida so I will have to wait to order till he gets back in September.  

When I vetted places to live before I bought my present home, living in county club community and being able to have my own golf cart was 2 of my requirements.  Owning my cart...well worth it to me.  

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

Nope, and I prefer it that way.  If we had the land to build private storage sheds, I'd rather see it be used for a few chip and putt holes.

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 10:25 AM, Will A said:

Nope, and I prefer it that way.  If we had the land to build private storage sheds, I'd rather see it be used for a few chip and putt holes.

Just curious what you have seen or experienced to prefer personal carts not being allowed on the course? I've seen some crazy stuff come from personalized carts, but nothing that would keep me from wanting my own. 

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

We live on a course in MN and they allow personal carts.  I think the trail fee is around $350 but it's all bundled in my membership so not 100% sure how much it is.

Yes it's an investment we made, we actually have 2 carts (a 2 seater and a 4 seater) and between golf and cruising the neighborhood we use them both a lot.  Plus it's a much easier drive home after a few beverages 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Our community (The Grand) has 4 courses and allows use of personal electric carts. Much as I loved walking courses, it was hard not to buy one that I can drive from the house to and from courses. I can even drive over to Sun City West and play any of their 7 courses... no trail fees in either case. 

So to answer your question, the investment made prefect sense for me.  Even the majority of our part time snowbird residence have them.  

I settled on a refurbished 2019 Yamaha (from a Yamaha dealer).  There are many companies around Phoenix that acquire these from fleet use, and re-fit them to meet DOT use on roads (roads <35 mph).  Many have high speed motors that will reach 28-30 mph. 

YamahaCart_Bill.jpg.942e232547c1aa985041802d338de4fd.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

My little hometown course only has member owned carts, with sheds to store them in. This is my current cart I picked up a few years ago for $1,000. I was walking the course before buying this.. it’s allowed me to play so much more golf lol. 

A little before & after

IMG_5557.jpeg.831f73fd1ddaaafe692a2f709eac0a04.jpeg

7C4F35B1-A62B-4AE1-9663-C20A9F0C1582.jpeg.2defc2705f8974ee66f3b3612a07a1d4.jpeg 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Our course allows members to use their own carts after paying a trail-fee.

If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd have bought my own in a flash. Although I could pay to store one there in the cart shed, I'm not interested in doing that. I prefer my own property to come and go with me.

On 8/8/2024 at 1:29 PM, TSauer said:

My little hometown course only has member owned carts, with sheds to store them in. This is my current cart I picked up a few years ago for $1,000. I was walking the course before buying this.. it’s allowed me to play so much more golf lol. 

A little before & after

IMG_5557.jpeg.831f73fd1ddaaafe692a2f709eac0a04.jpeg

7C4F35B1-A62B-4AE1-9663-C20A9F0C1582.jpeg.2defc2705f8974ee66f3b3612a07a1d4.jpeg 

That is one sweet transformation! Love that metallic flake and the redone seats. Eye catcher for sure! 😄

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

On 8/8/2024 at 9:19 AM, hckymeyer said:

We live on a course in MN and they allow personal carts.  I think the trail fee is around $350 but it's all bundled in my membership so not 100% sure how much it is.

Yes it's an investment we made, we actually have 2 carts (a 2 seater and a 4 seater) and between golf and cruising the neighborhood we use them both a lot.  Plus it's a much easier drive home after a few beverages 🙂

I really don't get the whole "trail fee" thing.  It seems like just another money making gimmick.  I'm hard pressed to believe one does $10+ worth or wear n' tear on the concrete or fairways every round.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I really don't get the whole "trail fee" thing.  It seems like just another money making gimmick.  I'm hard pressed to believe one does $10+ worth or wear n' tear on the concrete or fairways every round.

I agree, it's a money grab.  On the flip side the trail fee is cheaper than the fee for a year long course cart with membership.  Convenience usually costs money and this is one that I'm happy to pay.  (well maybe not 'happy' but at least I feel it's worth it for my situation)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 1 month later...

We were just informed this week that we can get a spot in the cart barn for next year. Any preference on gas vs electric from those that own there own carts? I was leaning electric, but my buddy we played with yesterday was singing the praises of his gas powered Yamaha cart. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 6-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

7 hours ago, Parshooter36 said:

We were just informed this week that we can get a spot in the cart barn for next year. Any preference on gas vs electric from those that own there own carts? I was leaning electric, but my buddy we played with yesterday was singing the praises of his gas powered Yamaha cart. 

It's all personal preferences really, but there are a few things could come into play that might make you want to lean one way over another: would you need to winterize your cart or will you play throughout the winter? Does the cart barn spot have a guaranteed spot where you can charge your EV cart? Are you willing to do your own gas engine maintenance or is this something that is included in your cart barn fee? 

If you would have to winterize a boat in your area, then if you don't play often throughout the winter you would need to do the same for your cart. This is a whole lot simpler for an EV (just need to trickle charge the batteries so they don't die) then a gas engine. If you can't charge your cart in the barn though, then gas is easier just fuel up & go anytime you need too. But gas needs maintenance work: filters, fuel & oil, spark plugs, etc. If you don't want to do it and it's not included as part of the cart barn, then EV engine maintenance is a lot easier and less work.

I prefer gas, as it has more consistent power ability for hilly courses & terrain, and power won't start to fade, like an EV does when the battery gets low, if I'm running low on fuel. But I also used to race lawn mowers so doing any work & maintenance needed doesn't bother me at all and is easy for me. And I also live in North Texas, where I don't have to worry too much about super cold winter days causing any serious damage to the engine while stored. Just kept it covered with a good thick whole-cart rain proof cover while in the cart garage, and still used it throughout the winter so didn't need to do any longer term storage maintenance.

Edited by The TXBexar
Added info on personal preference

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

I'm 50 50 with the courses around here that will let me bring my scooter. 

One guy is an ass that wants his cart fees and charges carts 150 a year to bring your own cart and won't allow these at all. The other places don't charge me anything and love the scooter. I lend them to them too if the want. 

20240912_142801.jpg.10a23ce67e0a0d80ff7d1ea44d024488.jpg

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

9 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

I'm 50 50 with the courses around here that will let me bring my scooter. 

One guy is an ass that wants his cart fees and charges carts 150 a year to bring your own cart and won't allow these at all. The other places don't charge me anything and love the scooter. I lend them to them too if the want. 

20240912_142801.jpg.10a23ce67e0a0d80ff7d1ea44d024488.jpg

This is awesome!  I need more info! 

I don't see why this is an issue.  Do they charge a fee for those with electric follow walking carts?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

@Off Map Oscar. Can you share it to this thread?  

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I don't live at the golf course, but my sister does and lets me park my golf cart in her garage.  My course charges the same monthly fee whether you use your cart or the course's.  Yeah, that's a bit of a rip off.  I do like having my own cart.  All my golf stuff stays on it and I can just jump in and go when playing a round.

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I'm looking at them now, as I plan my eventual move back to the SW. I'm only looking at places with multiple courses in the community and where I can have my own cart. They're DelWebb communities, so they'd have all the various groups and buildings and such where utilizing a personal cart makes more sense.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!