Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts and final reviews here. 

@WaffleHouseTour - Main Post 

@Nick_D - Main Post 

@pete1276 - Main Post 

@kam89 - Main Post 

@Alan Stewart - Main Post 

@DukeStKing - Main Post 

@GolfSpy_BNG - Main Post 

@GolfSpy AFG - Main Post

6 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Hayes, Unless I am missing something obvious, I believe you have a math error on your average yardages.  I get 266 and 271 for Round 1 for each shaft computing the average distance using the yardages listed.  I get similar #'s for the other rounds also.

Yeah, crap, you're right.  I'll fix it in the morning...too late at night to start doing math, especially when I already screwed it up once!  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Yeah, crap, you're right.  I'll fix it in the morning...too late at night to start doing math, especially when I already screwed it up once!  

Who does math??!!  I just pick the average function from the drop down menu in Excel!!  🤓

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Who does math??!!  I just pick the average function from the drop down menu in Excel!!  🤓

Alright, updated the spreadsheets and fixed the math errors.  Thanks for catching that!

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Shaft Myth #1 – The shaft is the engine of the golf club 

Shaft Myth #2 – The shaft is the most important component of the golf club

Shaft Myth #4 – The shaft is a key element for the amount of backspin imparted on a shot

I don't believe any of those are true, but I still feel the shaft is an important part of the fitting process.  If it changes the way I deliver the club into the ball it's going to make that head react differently because the club is going to be moving differently through the impact area.

There is no engine of a golf club.  The shaft is not the most important part, but it's a part of the system. Not a key element, but it can have an impact on how you deliver the club which will have an impact on the resulting spin.

I see my own swing path get more out to in with lighter shafts and more in to out with heavier shafts because of the way I feel them in my swing and how my body reacts to those forces.  That absolutely changes my ball flight.

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s a reason when you go to a good fitter like Ian (txg/cc) TruSpec, TPI, ECPC, The kingdom and any top fitter they all start with the head. The use the head to get the right launch window. Then they fine tune with the shaft. They ask questions another what the golfer feels with the shaft and then tweak the shaft profile to fit the feel needs of the golfer

Yes, they fine tune with the shaft, which means it has an impact on the ball flight... I'm so confused as to your stance here.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

don't believe any of those are true, but I still feel the shaft is an important part of the fitting process.  If it changes the way I deliver the club into the ball it's going to make that head react differently because the club is going to be moving differently through the impact area.

Based on your years of fitting hundreds of golfers and thousands of hours conducting testing right?

Data > feelings and opinions

I see my own swing path get more out to in with lighter shafts and more in to out with heavier shafts because of the way I feel them in my swing and how my body reacts to those forces.  That absolutely changes my ball fligh

The feel and timing aspect of the shaft which affect club delivery. Just like for some when a shaft is to heavy and/or too stiff people make bad swings to compensate for the feeling they have with the club.

Yes, they fine tune with the shaft, which means it has an impact on the ball flight... I'm so confused as to your stance here.

It’s to fine tune the feel for the golfer. Then feel determines how one swings when the feel is off the timing is off. Then the timing is off then out swings are off and produce bad results.

The shaft is there for feel and weight and is a timing device.

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Based on your years of fitting hundreds of golfers and thousands of hours conducting testing right?

yeah, something like that.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Sigh. When you're too busy talking to listen...

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Data > feelings and opinions

The feel and timing aspect of the shaft which affect club delivery. Just like for some when a shaft is to heavy and/or too stiff people make bad swings to compensate for the feeling they have with the club.

It’s to fine tune the feel for the golfer. Then feel determines how one swings when the feel is off the timing is off. Then the timing is off then out swings are off and produce bad results.

The shaft is there for feel and weight and is a timing device.

Based on his years of fitting? Come on?! You attack ideas in a debate- never people! Stick to your ideas- don’t make it personal. 
From my reading, you’re both saying that shafts make a difference. You’re saying they’re a timing device, @GolfSpy BOS is saying there are dynamics that will affect the delivery- both things can be true and both things will affect flight and spin. 
Can’t we all just get along?!

😊

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

57 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

Based on his years of fitting? Come on?! You attack ideas in a debate- never people! Stick to your ideas- don’t make it personal. 
From my reading, you’re both saying that shafts make a difference. You’re saying they’re a timing device, @GolfSpy BOS is saying there are dynamics that will affect the delivery- both things can be true and both things will affect flight and spin. 

😊

IMG_3203.gifIMG_3204.gifIMG_3205.gif

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

4 minutes ago, kam89 said:

I have now had the shaft out on course several times and so far am seeing much less of a fade and my distance has improved dramatically. According to the full swing pro, over the previous shaft my swing speed has increased almost 5mph and my spin is now sitting in the 2200s.

Edited-7265.jpg.59c2695872147ed20be1537883780ef2.jpgEdited-7264.jpg.1f76622d8cd1e12d1f5f92a288f358dd.jpgThe pictures are from the recent tournament in Minneapolis. The shaft worked very well for me there as our scramble team came in 3rd. I have noticed I occasionally still get an open face when I get excited and swing to hard. Far less than with the previous shaft though.

5 mph! That’s some sweet action! I need to get me a little of that! 

Just now, DukeStKing said:

5 mph! That’s some sweet action! I need to get me a little of that! 

Ya with the last shaft if I went over 108-110 it was gone right. With this one I've made it to 117 and kept it straight this was my very first 300 carry.

I'm good at wedge dribbling

1 hour ago, DukeStKing said:

Not making it personal. When ones opinion differs a lot from actual experts who have done hundreds and hundreds of fittings and thousands off hours of data collecting and testing they have to be based on something other than feelings

Rational people tend to change their minds and opinion when presented with data from experts in the field. The rest stay stuck in tneir mindset and don’t learn or grow and stay complacent.

1 hour ago, DukeStKing said:

We disagree on the role of the shaft and what it actually does. I know it doesn’t spin or launch. Callaway and some others have done this testing on a robot and shown that lightweight ladies shafts and all the way to xxx stiff long drive shafts don’t have any big change in launch or spin from each other.

The human factor determines club deliver which determines dynamic loft which is loft at impact. Its the head and the swing that influence launch and spin plain and simple .

31 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not making it personal. When ones opinion differs a lot from actual experts who have done hundreds and hundreds of fittings and thousands off hours of data collecting and testing they have to be based on something other than feelings

Rational people tend to change their minds and opinion when presented with data from experts in the field. The rest stay stuck in tneir mindset and don’t learn or grow and stay complacent.

We disagree on the role of the shaft and what it actually does. I know it doesn’t spin or launch. Callaway and some others have done this testing on a robot and shown that lightweight ladies shafts and all the way to xxx stiff long drive shafts don’t have any big change in launch or spin from each other.

The human factor determines club deliver which determines dynamic loft which is loft at impact. It’s the head and the swing that influence launch and spin plain and simple .

Robots? Well, then Golf Spy should just do this shaft test with robots and it’ll show that all the GD shafts are the same.  Sorry fellas… I guess this is the end of the thread. 😜

Edited by DukeStKing
Sarcasm

Just now, DukeStKing said:

Robots? Well, then Golf Spy should just do this shaft test with robots and it’ll show that all the GD shafts are the same.  Sorry fellas… I guess this is the end of the thread. 

It's all good, we're not robots... and we react differently to different shafts, which creates different outcomes.  A shaft may not spin, that I can agree with, but I know that my ball flight changes with different shafts so that's what I need to attribute the change in my swing to.

But I'm not here for that stuff anymore, I'd rather focus on some of those massive gains @kam89 was seeing last time out!  That's fantastic!  I went to PGASS to give the UB and DI a try in a TSR2 head, mainly because I was jealous of all the fun testing here.  I also found my swing produced more draws or left side-bias with that DI than I had with other shafts.  I actually think the UB in stiff and DI in X would play similarly, I might have to try that out.  

Keep up the good work testers, I love hearing about your real-life experiences versus other shafts you have tried!

3 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

Robots? Well, then Golf Spy should just do this shaft test with robots and it’ll show that all the GD shafts are the same.  Sorry fellas… I guess this is the end of the thread. 😜

Yes robots. It’s how you control the test which is why it’s been started best there is the human factor and the feel aspect of the shaft. It’s also why it’s been stated in multiple threads that how a shaft or even a club performs for one person is irritant to how it will perform for another. This is why fittings or some level of set testing are necessary to determine what works for a golfer.

a lot of the mentality in here is like the bro science in the gym. Lots of opinions that are based on feelings and not supported by any data.

Its also obvious that most have no desire to actual read anything and learn and that it’s okay to express opinions and tney shouldn’t be challenged .

im out 

On 7/26/2024 at 10:20 PM, Alan Stewart said:

Just updated my report on my round from yesterday to add today's round on the same course.

On-course results are looking pretty strong so far.

Probably will head back to Trackman bay for A vs B testing next week.

So Alan, as an "other" UB guy...how is it comparing to your gamer in terms of overall shot shape?  Your driving accuracy pic from your intro showed 22%/48%/30% for Left Miss/Fairway/Right Miss. Seeing the same thing and the same basic shot shape you normally play?

In my case I did not, at all, so just wondering what your experience has been.  And, making a few setup adjustments based on some lessons I'm taking, so there's the whole indian vs the arrow thing too.

IMG_6776.jpeg.07bbc973201d590dde7bd9b14de8b1e4.jpegSo... I really don't want to open another conversation about spin, shafts spinning, etc...  but because I was thinking about trying to reduce my spin... and because I have been doing a better job closing the face...

I dialed down the loft on my driver today.  The stock loft is 10.5*.  I've had it raised to 12.5* to increase my launch and fight the fade.  Now... before I get to the numbers - I also close that club face at address and that probably dials it back down.  

But today I hit a dozen balls at the 12.5* and then I dialed it back to the 10.5* and hit a dozen more.  I didn't lose much launch, I did reduce the spin an average of 1,100 rpms, and had a smidge better dispersion (blue dots below).  With this shaft, the UB, I've been closing the club face better and more often.  I think I can keep it here. 

Earlier today, on the course where it counts, I had a pretty good day with the driver.   10 shots in the fairway, 2 left but not in trouble and 1 right but not in trouble.  Shot an 81 with a double - it was my iron play that did me in all morning, but that's for another time.  UBy performed well. 

IMG_1808.jpeg.495d629c159d25113b7cd30dc09b68ea.jpeg

The 12.5*IMG_1810.PNG.8e85bde069129a6bafb6b7a7abaa0d29.PNG

IMG_1812.PNG.5c7257d6a7091617aa7443d0811b8a97.PNG

The 10.5*

IMG_1809.PNG.6f6f0097f8ed4e7ab92e204c2a60126f.PNG

IMG_1811.PNG.62c652048deff3576e8f2deb865b0575.PNG

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

27 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

IMG_6776.jpeg.07bbc973201d590dde7bd9b14de8b1e4.jpegSo... I really don't want to open another conversation about spin, shafts spinning, etc...  but because I was thinking about trying to reduce my spin... and because I have been doing a better job closing the face...

I dialed down the loft on my driver today.  The stock loft is 10.5*.  I've had it raised to 12.5* to increase my launch and fight the fade.  Now... before I get to the numbers - I also close that club face at address and that probably dials it back down.  

But today I hit a dozen balls at the 12.5* and then I dialed it back to the 10.5* and hit a dozen more.  I didn't lose much launch, I did reduce the spin an average of 1,100 rpms, and had a smidge better dispersion (blue dots below).  With this shaft, the UB, I've been closing the club face better and more often.  I think I can keep it here. 

Earlier today, on the course where it counts, I had a pretty good day with the driver.   10 shots in the fairway, 2 left but not in trouble and 1 right but not in trouble.  Shot an 81 with a double - it was my iron play that did me in all morning, but that's for another time.  UBy performed well. 

The 10.5*

I'll ask you the same question I posed to Alan...with the UB are you seeing the same basic shot shape off the tee as you were getting from your gamer?  Just comparing experiences among us UBers...

Report: 7/31 and 8/2 Rounds

IMG_1484-Trim-frameat0m12s.jpg.5a0bc1b119761131b918e33040d81886.jpg

Obligatory visual from my range session on Tuesday.  Hit it well on the range, centered in the face

2 rounds this week were not my best driving rounds but here are the deets:

Wednesday, course was drier and I did not take advantage of it.  248.5 yards average on 12 drives, 285 longest, 7/12 fairways hit.

Friday, 2+ inches of rain overnight. 243.6 yards average, 274 longest, 8/12 fairways hit.

I was not making good, consistent swings, but driver did not hurt me this week. 

Overall, shaft feel is good and I have gotten comfortable with the bend profile.  As you can see from the image above, I am comfortable putting some effort into this shaft.

I am looking forward to the Trackman session with my original HZRDUS this coming week so I can start to wrap up the review and score the Graphite Design Tour AD UB S shaft.

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 845 Max 7 wood, Tensei CK Blue 75 gr S 

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 5 to PW KBS Tour R

:vokey-small:SM10 50.8F KBS Tour R,  SM9 54.12D DG S200,  SM9 58.12D DG S200

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli Tour X

17 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

So Alan, as an "other" UB guy...how is it comparing to your gamer in terms of overall shot shape?  Your driving accuracy pic from your intro showed 22%/48%/30% for Left Miss/Fairway/Right Miss. Seeing the same thing and the same basic shot shape you normally play?

In my case I did not, at all, so just wondering what your experience has been.  And, making a few setup adjustments based on some lessons I'm taking, so there's the whole indian vs the arrow thing too.

@GolfSpy AFG I was going to show this in my wrapup next week but here is the preview:

image.png.c31a59f1ec32bb6d9df0276398e6f4e3.png

Now this does include the couple of non-driver tee shots, but so did the earlier graphic.

Overall, my shot shape has not changed much.  Still a fade, but hitting more fairways as the right miss has gone down.  Left misses seem really about the same, with the difference a few more caught the left edge of the fairway instead of just hopping into the close rough.  Driver loft is now set 1 degree lower to keep ball height similar between the 2 shafts.

As you pointed out, it may be more the mechanic than the tool, as I have been practicing a decent amount and my swing feels better overall.  I will be in the Trackman bay this coming week and will post/overlay the stats and dispersion circles.  I am very curious myself to see this outcome.  I wonder if moving the setting 1 degree down on my old shaft will help its dispersion as well.  And since I am pretty sensitive to bend profiles, I want to see how the HZRDUS Blue feels/swings now.

Stay tuned sports fans, results to come.

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 845 Max 7 wood, Tensei CK Blue 75 gr S 

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 5 to PW KBS Tour R

:vokey-small:SM10 50.8F KBS Tour R,  SM9 54.12D DG S200,  SM9 58.12D DG S200

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli Tour X

16 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

The 10.5*

This is really interesting data.  Thanks for sharing.  

May be the fitters / experts can chime in, but is this a case where teeing it up a little higher potentially leads to lower in the face, center strike hits?  I assume this leads to better launch and spin numbers?  Just curious.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

3 hours ago, KC Golf said:

This is really interesting data.  Thanks for sharing.  

May be the fitters / experts can chime in, but is this a case where teeing it up a little higher potentially leads to lower in the face, center strike hits?  I assume this leads to better launch and spin numbers?  Just curious.

Also, from the picture, you are really on your toes at contact, which is great for raising your attack angle and launch. Is that something you’ve been working on too? 

20 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

I'll ask you the same question I posed to Alan...with the UB are you seeing the same basic shot shape off the tee as you were getting from your gamer?  Just comparing experiences among us UBers...

Am I seeing the same basic shot shape?

As I have an aggressive transition and an out to in swing with a left path, yes, I’m seeing the same shot shape.  However, I think dispersion is tighter with the UB than my old shaft.   Because of my swing mechanics I’m going to hit some pulls, straights, and fades - but that’s better than pull hooks and slices…

My original Hzrdous - my last three practice sessions in June before the test started

IMG_1814.png.4a4c7c8d493d4f8da20728aed7bac8b8.png

IMG_1815.png.aa7d341578053924dcc400fd6dce4fe9.png

IMG_1816.png.3be6fd1d85f1f258f1fde887de5173fe.png

The UB last three practice sessions starting with this morning

IMG_1859.png.ecec755426fc0d33047034bbba7f115c.png

IMG_1818.png.675792a455f504e45bb6838f6f6bba38.png

IMG_1817.png.719900cc2c59dfef87962cb234829aee.png

My desire is to keep it within a thirty yard lane, fifteen yards either side of the center line.  And of course be longer.  Today’s practice thirteen of the fifteen balls stayed in that lane. And if I adjusted my target just a bit efourteen of them would have. Just one stinker. 
IMG_1860.jpeg.c5a11ecc0e62a4b66a6116ca682953c8.jpeg

I haven’t really gained any distance, but if I’ve tightened up the dispersion you won’t hear any complaints from me.  

The more I hit this, I think the better I get with it.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

Not a good weekend for the TD Max/VF/Me combo. Hit just 1 fairway today and not many more yesterday.  I want off the planet bad and scrambled very well today the couple times I put myself in jail. 

The honeymoon period has ended for sure.  Hoping to get 2 more rounds in next weekend before putting the final touches on the review.  

Can’t wait to see everyone’s final thoughts. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Two practice sessions today. Hit my 30 yard wide fairway 9 of 12 times in the morning; and 17 of 24 times this afternoon. This afternoon my hands were so slippery, just melting on the practice pad in the heat and the sun, so giving myself a break.  Hit well over 100 balls today so may have over done it - working on some things with my irons and my Skillest coach and some elastic bands to keep my lead knee from collapsing (stuff not pertinent here.. other than to say I was tired and melting)

IMG_1877.png.ed296e1bfc9690fdeef14d2ca641a959.png

IMG_1876.png.fe5320c7871f17a4ae1e093be3ffe70c.png

Work is going to get in the way of on the course testing this week.  Though I do have a round scheduled at Landmand on Wednesday, and at my home course on Thursday. Friday is a hit and giggle outing so I won’t get any stats there. On the weekend I hope to play with my daughter somewhere in Illinois.  So maybe I will get some more on course experience with UBy over the next seven days…. Will be looking for those little up arrows in the Arccos shots gained - hopefully - as that’s the real test.

Edited by WaffleHouseTour

23 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

The honeymoon period has ended for sure

I have been tracking Izzy for a while now with Arccos, and I would have to concur that the Honeymoon phase is over.  The numbers don't lie, as they say.  I'll be submitting my final review later this week and I'll be interested to see where everyone else is with their reviews.

Edited by pete1276

:mizuno-small: ST-X 230 Driver, 9.5°, Fujikura Ventus Red TR, 7-X (currently testing and reviewing Graphics Design Tour AD IZ 7-X)

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour Fairway, 15°, Accra FX 2.0 370 M4

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB, 3-4 Iron, Graphic Design Tour AD-95, X-Flex

:mizuno-small: MP-20, MMC, 5 Iron-PW, Nippon Modus 2.0 Tour 120, S-Flex

:mizuno-small: T-24, 50°, 55°, 60° Wedges, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115

:mizuno-small: M.Craft II

:titleist-small: Pro V1

:Arccos: 

On 8/1/2024 at 2:59 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

I know it doesn’t spin or launch. Callaway and some others have done this testing on a robot and shown that lightweight ladies shafts and all the way to xxx stiff long drive shafts don’t have any big change in launch or spin from each other.

In general for the most part what you have been saying about the shaft have been true with sources from rebuttable people that know their stuff.

However you should not use this to argue your point. That robot that callaway used and many others used is mainly to test club heads and not shafts? Why? Because it swing the club attached to the end of lever which means it has no hinge. So if you did see a change from changing shafts then you will have real issues haha.

But how do you think a shaft company delineates a range of shafts being low, mid, and high launch/spin? Some do use robots but different ones that actually has wrist hinge and have levers like humans. When they do put a low launch/spin shaft and compare it their high launch/spin shaft there is a difference. Cool clubs have one of these robots if you have seen their reviews and they call it the S3 or whatever they named it. 

Yes they have to surely have it a certain higher speed and certain parameters of the robot to swing a certain way consistently to merit change like you previously mentioned. But just saying using that context as an example is a moot one. 

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke  9*  :Fuji: Ventus TR Black 6X 45.25"

FW: :taylormade-small: BRNR mini Driver 13.5*  Hzrdus Blue 70g 6.5 tipped 1"

Utility:  :callaway-logo-1: UW 21*  Hzrdus black 80g 6.5

Irons :   :srixon-small: ZX Utility 4 23* MCA Diamana Thump 100x

:srixon-small: Z785 5-PW Nippon Modus 120x

Wedges:  :callaway-logo-1: TCB AW 50* Nippon Modus 120x

:cleveland-small: zipcore 55* DG Wedge Spinner

:vokey-small: Vokey Wedgeworks T grind 60*  REV 2.0

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa 3T 

BB8W MCA MMT Putter shaft

On 8/3/2024 at 3:42 PM, WaffleHouseTour said:

Am I seeing the same basic shot shape?

As I have an aggressive transition and an out to in swing with a left path, yes, I’m seeing the same shot shape.  However, I think dispersion is tighter with the UB than my old shaft.   Because of my swing mechanics I’m going to hit some pulls, straights, and fades - but that’s better than pull hooks and slices…

My original Hzrdous - my last three practice sessions in June before the test started

IMG_1814.png.4a4c7c8d493d4f8da20728aed7bac8b8.png

IMG_1815.png.aa7d341578053924dcc400fd6dce4fe9.png

IMG_1816.png.3be6fd1d85f1f258f1fde887de5173fe.png

The UB last three practice sessions starting with this morning

IMG_1859.png.ecec755426fc0d33047034bbba7f115c.png

IMG_1818.png.675792a455f504e45bb6838f6f6bba38.png

IMG_1817.png.719900cc2c59dfef87962cb234829aee.png

My desire is to keep it within a thirty yard lane, fifteen yards either side of the center line.  And of course be longer.  Today’s practice thirteen of the fifteen balls stayed in that lane. And if I adjusted my target just a bit efourteen of them would have. Just one stinker. 
IMG_1860.jpeg.c5a11ecc0e62a4b66a6116ca682953c8.jpeg

I haven’t really gained any distance, but if I’ve tightened up the dispersion you won’t hear any complaints from me.  

The more I hit this, I think the better I get with it.

Interesting. Wish I had had a better understanding of why the UB and I haven't gotten along as much as others. I definitely think I overcomplicated this one by going with a completely different head as well; perhaps it's just the PING I don't get along with. Althought it's what the TrueFit system said was ideal for me, so it's not like I did it completely blind...

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Interesting. Wish I had had a better understanding of why the UB and I haven't gotten along as much as others. I definitely think I overcomplicated this one by going with a completely different head as well; perhaps it's just the PING I don't get along with. Althought it's what the TrueFit system said was ideal for me, so it's not like I did it completely blind...

I saw a video on a comparison between the two shafts (ventus blue and UB) and the guy mentioned the handle on the UB feeling more stiff which could explain why you are seeing a push right?  The Ventus timing may just have you closing the club face that much faster because of the profile than with the UB.  

I know when I tried the UB it seemed more "boardy" than the ventus.  

Just a thought...

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter