The Open Championship - 2024

Splatt

G’day golfers,

The final major of the year is here!!
I don’t know whether to be excited or sad that major season is nearly over.
Major season seems to fly by quicker and quicker each year.

However, we’re in for a great event at Royal Troon. Let’s get stuck in!

Open2.webp.25280ce74cb6481ef0e2b64c48b48c50.webp

This year is the 152nd Open Championship and this will be the 10th time that Royal Troon has held the prestigious tournament; a quick over view of the previous Open Championships at Royal Troon:

·         1923 – Havers wins with a birdie on the last to beat Hagen

·         1950 – Bobby Locke defends his Open Championship after a win the previous year at Royal St.George’s

·         1962 – Arnold Palmer wins by over 6 shots

·         1973 – Weiskopf wins wire to wire

·         1982 – Tom Watson wins his 4th open on his 4th Scottish course

·         1989 – Mark Calcavecchia win the first ever 3-way play off in an Open Championship

·         1997 – Justin Leonard comes back from 5 behind to win by 3 with a final round 65

·         2004 – Todd Hamilton wins his only career major by defeating Ernie Els by 1 stroke in a 4-hole play-off

·         2016 – Henrick Stenson tops Phil Mickelson who led the first 2 days

Open1.webp.42e946a6254a600803d7414525a5c9cb.webp

Royal Troon is a par-71, 7,385-yard links style course, with a traditional out and back style similar to The Old Course at St.Andrews. Troons opening holes are the birdie opportunities that players can carry into their round as they typically play downwind. The back 9 at Royal Troon have been called some of the hardest finishing holes in golf, this is where the final round REALLY starts on Sunday.
This year the 6th hole par-5 will play as the longest in the Open Championship’s history at 623-yards long; it’s going to need a great drive and a great 2nd for most to even get into a good lay-up position.
On the other end of the spectrum the par-3 8th hole is looking at having the tees played in the forward position this year and “could” play only 99-yards.

open4.jpg.30c4c5a652021bec40a7c383a193ed03.jpg

Last year the Open Championship was at Royal Liverpool and it was a wet and dreary affair…. Perfect conditions for an Open Championship.
Phil Harman was unfazed and dominated the field by a huge 6 shots to win his first major.
Harman held a 5 shot advantage heading into the final round, so it was always going to be a hell of an uphill charge for the players behind. Harman bogied the 13th hole to give the field the slightest of hopes, but back-to-back birdies on 14 & 15 dashed the dreams of the field and made the dreams come true for Brian Harman.

open5.png.12efd757f631282f26981f9b170b73c6.png

Field Highlights

·         Scottie Scheffler – The current world number 1, and with 6 wins (including a major), 2 runner up finishes, and zero missed cuts (including the time he got arrested before his tee time), Scottie is a well deserved number 1.
Scottie’s worst result of the year came at the last major with a T-41 finish at the US Open, which isn’t great, but he’s played an event and won since then, so it obviously didn’t affect him too much. Scottie finished T-23 last year at The Open, T-21 the year prior, and his best finish was his first Open Championship in 2021 with a T-8.
Scottie has had a fantastic year so I have no doubt he’ll be in the mix somewhere.

·         Brian Harman – The defending champ. Highlights below, but if you have a few minutes you should watch Brian Harmans final round at Royal Liverpool last year. Considering he was on the cusp of winning his first ever major, the calmness and professionalism he displayed was unreal and fitting of an Open Champion. His season this year has been a bit of a mixed bag with his closest to a win coming at The Players with a runner-up finish. His best result in the Majors this year has been a T-21 at the US open, the others were a T-26 at the PGA Championship and a missed cut at The Masters.
Hopefully the weight of being the defending champ doesn’t weigh too heavily.

·         Robert McIntyre – Scotland’s own Robert McIntyre is coming into The Open Championship at Royal Troon in Scotland with a win at The Scottish Open… in Scotland.
That’s about as good prep as you can have coming into the last major of he year that’s being played in your home country. McIntyre started off the year on a rough foot with a T-52 finish at the Sony Open in Hawaii before moving onto missing 3 cuts in a row at The American Express, Farmers Insurance Open, and WM Phoenix Open. He then found a bit of form with a T-6 the week after. He has also had a win at the RBC Canadian open this year.
Robert McIntyre is as tenacious as they come and his resume is living proof you can’t keep the man down. Both wins he’s had this year came off the back of a missed cut.
How’s that for bouncing back

·         Bryson DeChambeau – Bryson has been in the mix of every single major this year with a T-6 at The Masters, solo-2nd at the PGA Championship, and winning last months US Open. Looking at the most recent results everyone is expecting big things from Bryson, me included, but his record at The Open is not as pleasant as the rest of the Major Championship.
With his swing speed, Bryson has a tendency to hit it very high so in the past he has struggled at these links style courses. He finished T-60 last year, T-8 (his best Open Championship finish) in 2022, T-33 in 2021, MC in 2019, T-51 in 2018, and a MC in 2017.
He’s having a great season at the Major’s so I’m more hopeful he will have a great finish this year.

The rest of the field can be found here.

There’s lots of coverage to consume already in the build up to The Open Championship including interviews, live coverage from the range, and footage of practise rounds.
Get stuck in and get yourself excited for this final Major.

open3.jpg.bdcc66b7a8dbdb0cd7d4d5231273635c.jpg

Who takes the cake?
Which favourite misses the cut?

Sound out in the comments

SPLATT

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

The best weekend in golf... For me.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

We went to the Open last year for the first time and loved every second. Already saving up pennies for a return trip. I love seeing links style golf, especially at these old classic courses. 

IMG_0191.jpeg

TM SLDR D, 3W, H 

PXG XP 4-G

Vokey 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

On 7/16/2024 at 7:54 AM, Splatt said:

G’day golfers,

This year is the 152nd Open Championship and this will be the 10th time that Royal Troon has held the prestigious tournament; a quick over view of the previous Open Championships at Royal Troon:

·         1950 – Bobby Locke defends his Open Championship after a win the previous year at Royal St.George’s

·         1989 – Mark Calcavecchia win the first ever 3-way play off in an Open Championship

·         1997 – Justin Leonard comes back from 5 behind to win by 3 with a final round 65

·         2004 – Todd Hamilton wins his only career major by defeating Ernie Els by 1 stroke in a 4-hole play-off

Royal Troon is a par-71, 7,385-yard links style course, with a traditional out and back style similar to The Old Course at St.Andrews. Troons opening holes are the birdie opportunities that players can carry into their round as they typically play downwind. The back 9 at Royal Troon have been called some of the hardest finishing holes in golf, this is where the final round REALLY starts on Sunday.
This year the 6th hole par-5 will play as the longest in the Open Championship’s history at 623-yards long; it’s going to need a great drive and a great 2nd for most to even get into a good lay-up position.
On the other end of the spectrum the par-3 8th hole is looking at having the tees played in the forward position this year and “could” play only 99-yards.

Last year the Open Championship was at Royal Liverpool and it was a wet and dreary affair…. Perfect conditions for an Open Championship.
Phil Harman was unfazed and dominated the field by a huge 6 shots to win his first major.
Harman held a 5 shot advantage heading into the final round, so it was always going to be a hell of an uphill charge for the players behind. Harman bogied the 13th hole to give the field the slightest of hopes, but back-to-back birdies on 14 & 15 dashed the dreams of the field and made the dreams come true for Brian Harman.

Field Highlights

·         Scottie Scheffler – The current world number 1, and with 6 wins (including a major), 2 runner up finishes, and zero missed cuts (including the time he got arrested before his tee time), Scottie is a well deserved number 1.
Scottie’s worst result of the year came at the last major with a T-41 finish at the US Open, which isn’t great, but he’s played an event and won since then, so it obviously didn’t affect him too much. Scottie finished T-23 last year at The Open, T-21 the year prior, and his best finish was his first Open Championship in 2021 with a T-8.
Scottie has had a fantastic year so I have no doubt he’ll be in the mix somewhere.

·         Brian Harman – The defending champ. Highlights below, but if you have a few minutes you should watch Brian Harmans final round at Royal Liverpool last year. Considering he was on the cusp of winning his first ever major, the calmness and professionalism he displayed was unreal and fitting of an Open Champion. His season this year has been a bit of a mixed bag with his closest to a win coming at The Players with a runner-up finish. His best result in the Majors this year has been a T-21 at the US open, the others were a T-26 at the PGA Championship and a missed cut at The Masters.

·         Robert McIntyre – Scotland’s own Robert McIntyre is coming into The Open Championship at Royal Troon in Scotland with a win at The Scottish Open… in Scotland.
That’s about as good prep as you can have coming into the last major of he year that’s being played in your home country. McIntyre started off the year on a rough foot with a T-52 finish at the Sony Open in Hawaii before moving onto missing 3 cuts in a row at The American Express, Farmers Insurance Open, and WM Phoenix Open. He then found a bit of form with a T-6 the week after. He has also had a win at the RBC Canadian open this year.
Robert McIntyre is as tenacious as they come and his resume is living proof you can’t keep the man down. Both wins he’s had this year came off the back of a missed cut.

·         Bryson DeChambeau – Bryson has been in the mix of every single major this year with a T-6 at The Masters, solo-2nd at the PGA Championship, and winning last months US Open. Looking at the most recent results everyone is expecting big things from Bryson, me included, but his record at The Open is not as pleasant as the rest of the Major Championship.
With his swing speed, Bryson has a tendency to hit it very high so in the past he has struggled at these links style courses. He finished T-60 last year, T-8 (his best Open Championship finish) in 2022, T-33 in 2021, MC in 2019, T-51 in 2018, and a MC in 2017.
He’s having a great season at the Major’s so I’m more hopeful he will have a great finish this year.

There’s lots of coverage to consume already in the build up to The Open Championship including interviews, live coverage from the range, and footage of practise rounds.

Who takes the cake?

SPLATT

“Phil” Harman? - Freudian slip there???

I have played many courses in Scotland and NW England, including six that are on the Open Championship rota (and three others that were formerly on that rota). Of the Open Championship courses that I have played, Royal Troon remains my favorite, and I will be watching this year’s championship with great interest (this is easily my favorite golf tournament of the year always, and the fact that it is being played at Troon makes it even more interesting).

I would absolutely love to see Robbie McIntyre win again this week, but that would be a huge ask. It would also be nice to see Ludvig Aberg in contention and actually win this week. Anyone but Rory McIlroy or Patrick Cantlay!

In addition to Tiger and Phil Mickelson missing the cut, I am thinking that we probably won’t be seeing Rickie Fowler and probably not Justin Thomas on the weekend at this year’s Open.

I absolutely hope that it’s a great championship and that some rain and wind play a significant role this weekend!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, PX Denali Black 6.0

4W - Titleist TSR2, Miyazaki Kusala Mizu 7S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X, KBS TGI S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll 10 (Outback)

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Vessel stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

Fleetwood for me. Really hoping he can come good and win his first major this time out. I have some $$ on him to win, so that would be an added bonus 🙂

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* (@8*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '19 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7 // :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

Always excited for the Open Championship…it’s a different type of golf and just enjoy watching it!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

This is probably my favorite for several reasons, but mostly because I can watch it early at work.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

Oh man, Rory and DeChambeau are having horror starts. 

Same with Homa.

This course has serious teeth!!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

Rory couldn't putt early and now can't hit the ball. He and Bryson will be close to the cut line after today. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

What a day out there! Lots of big names that people expected to contend are near the bottom of the leaderboard. I know most of my teams I put together are flat out awful, haha.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: Cobra RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5°
Fairway: Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5°
Utility: Callaway Apex UW 19°
4 Hybrid: Cobra KING LTDx 21°
Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 (New Level 480-TC on the way!)
Wedges: Edison Golf 2.0 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter: L.A.B. Golf DF3 34"/67°
Ball: Maxfli Tour (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

2 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

What a day out there! Lots of big names that people expected to contend are near the bottom of the leaderboard. I know most of my teams I put together are flat out awful, haha.

Yeah... I was feeling pretty good about my fantasy picks, too. That should have been my first sign things weren't going to go well 🙃

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Whenever I see Shane Lowry on top of a leaderboard at a windy/wet links course....

jwvAjf.gif

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

On 7/16/2024 at 4:54 AM, Splatt said:

G’day golfers,

Field Highlights

Who takes the cake?

SPLATT

Great write-up Shawn!  As the years roll along, I have a tough time choosing which is my second favorite major; the US Open or The Open.  Absolutely love the tough conditions, as this always adds another wrinkle.  There is something about links golf, in the region of its birth, that is very unique.  

Edited by fixyurdivot

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Trying to watch some of it this morning, some yesterday. Not used to watching tv with commercials and not sure I can suffer through it, hitting the mute button a lot. Since I’ve about quit watching golf on tv I am enjoying it. 

Driver -  Cobra Fly Z

Driver - Taylor Made SLDR Mini Driver 16*

Fairway - Cobra Baffler 5W

Hybrid - TaylorMade Rescue mid 2h,4h, 5h

Irons - Cobra Baffler XL 7-P

GW - Cobra Baffler

SW - King Cobra os

Putter - Evnroll ER2

Sky Sports is down all morning so can't watch ... until now!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I think the Open is the most interesting major to watch from a creativity standpoint.  I notice a lot of players gripping down on the club for tee shots and approaches trying to control the flight in the wind.  

Lowery is trying to figure his best option from the shrubs now....  I am surprised he is looking to drop along the line for his unplayable rather than playing his shot he hit from the previous spot....never mind, i turned the sound up and found out it was a provisional ball and not an unplayable drop.

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; Callaway Mavrik 18* 5w;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h; :ping-small: G410 5 & 6 iron;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 7 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Ariel view of hole #8... a diabolical, scorecard wrecking horror show. Isn't it fascinating how some of the shortest holes on so many courses around the globe can be so challenging.

I'll bet Joaquin would have never anticipated this trainwreck stepping up to the tee 😮.

image.png.208b7374d652c7b84144735bde612015.png

Edited by fixyurdivot

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

11 minutes ago, RPBRENNAN said:

Where do you find leaderboard standings for Titelist contest?

There was a link in the email you got after signing up, should be at the bottom.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Rory missing the cut is a shocker.  Aberg and Bryson, not so much.  The biggest surprise is that Fowler made the cut.  His game is so unpredictable… 

Needless to say, I am a bottom dweller in the pool unless Crowdstrike alters my picks and randomly assigns better players! 😂

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

Some low scores happening this morning, JT going out with a 31, Lawrence at -7 on his first 8 holes.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; Callaway Mavrik 18* 5w;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h; :ping-small: G410 5 & 6 iron;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 7 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Let's go Billy Ho!   That would be a pleasant surprise to this season.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

The Open is the best..need I say more?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The Open is the best..need I say more?

Nope…it is awesome!  Some crazy conditions out there!

Scheffler’s 3 wood on 17…thing of beauty!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

What a rough day for the late starters. Seems a little unfair that half the field gets great scoring conditions while others are using driver on a 238 yd par 3 - BUT they/we all know that's part of the British Open. I was sorry to see Dan Brown double the 18th, we'll see how he and all the others clustered near the lead fare tomorrow. Should be great. Looks like Sunday weather will be a little more benign.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 001 F (mesh), Payntr X 005 F, Ecco Biom C4