• 30's
    • 40's
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • 90's or more

You guys are too much. I'm not bad but the bad don't (mess) with me. LOL

Actually, I'm a pretty easy going guy but I let my chain get yanked at the club this morning. A National Member (lives more than 100 miles from the club and pays half dues with no food minimum) brought seven guys from NJ and booked the two tee times following me. That's the max number of guests a member can bring at any one time. This guy is a problem every time he is in town and he and his buds are badly in need of some course etiquette.

I saw his name on the tee sheet yesterday and got to the range early so I could avoid them. After hitting balls and putting for a while I went to the golf shop to shoot the bull with the pro until my 8:32 tee time which is the first of the day. At 8:15 the pro gets a call from the super who says eight guys are on the first tee and two have already hit. The pro sends the cart guy out to tell them they can't go off until their tee times of 8:40 and 8:48.

At this point I'm so mad I can't see straight. Every time this jackass is in town he pulls the same BS. When I went over to play I almost insisted they take their four carts and completely remove themselves from the tee area but I decided not to throw fuel on the fire. Last time they were here they drove up on me while I was hitting my tee shot and I told them this was considered bad etiquette at our club or any course in the area for that matter.

Bob of old would have handled the situation differently. LOL.

Semper Fi

My Club

Bob, I also take it your an X-Marine also?

Marine is a title that lasts a lifetime. An X Marine is somebody who has been dishonorably discharged from the Corps. Former Marine is probably the right description but AFAIC I'll be a Marine until I die.

Forgive me for being so wordy today. I get carried away sometimes. LOL.

Semper Fi

My Club

I knew better once I posted it, sorry, meant do disrespect. In fact, I am running my first Charity Golf Tournament in May for the Navy Marine-Corps Relief Society!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Actually, I'm a pretty easy going guy but I let my chain get yanked at the club this morning. A National Member (lives more than 100 miles from the club and pays half dues with no food minimum) brought seven guys from NJ and booked the two tee times following me. That's the max number of guests a member can bring at any one time. This guy is a problem every time he is in town and he and his buds are badly in need of some course etiquette.

I saw his name on the tee sheet yesterday and got to the range early so I could avoid them. After hitting balls and putting for a while I went to the golf shop to shoot the bull with the pro until my 8:32 tee time which is the first of the day. At 8:15 the pro gets a call from the super who says eight guys are on the first tee and two have already hit. The pro sends the cart guy out to tell them they can't go off until their tee times of 8:40 and 8:48.

At this point I'm so mad I can't see straight. Every time this jackass is in town he pulls the same BS. When I went over to play I almost insisted they take their four carts and completely remove themselves from the tee area but I decided not to throw fuel on the fire. Last time they were here they drove up on me while I was hitting my tee shot and I told them this was considered bad etiquette at our club or any course in the area for that matter.

Kudos for the self control. It seems like every club/course has one or two of these guys. I wish they'd take up....anything other than golf.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I would have fragged their a$$. B)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Won't be long before Bob sees this guy again, and it's on!

Do you want to play in front of John??? I don't..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived