Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stamp Your Balls! -- Quick Review

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Stamp Your Balls!

stampyourballs4.jpg

If you have a Twitter account, you have probably already heard of Stamp You Balls ball marking stamps. Whoever runs their social media has done a great job of getting the little ball stampers out there in front of the tweeting golfer. For a while there, it was impossible to check my twitter feed without seeing a photo of all of the available stamps.

To be fair, it did border on too much coverage, but I think that the stamps were (are) interesting enough that most didn't immediately dismiss the posts as spam.

What Are These Little Stampers?

It doesn't take much insight here to see what these are all about. Stamp Your Balls stampers are used to stamp balls. Not Stomp Balls ala Wayne Rooney in the 2006 World Cup.

Instead, we are looking at a way to stamp your golf balls.

Stamp Your Balls Stampers: Specs

Price: £5.99 (based in the UK - that's a bit less than $10 US)

Number of Stampers Available: 90-ish

Number of Stamps per unit: 150

Refillable: No

Custom Available: Yes (100 minimum order)

B2CShICIEAAos6o.jpg

How Do They Work?

The short answer to that is that they work exactly as advertised. You pull the cap off, and stamp your chosen design on your ball. The stamper is small and light, easily fitting unobtrusively in your bag.

What really impressed me about the stamps is the amount of detail that they deliver. The edges are very clean and small details show up well. I did wish that the red was a bit darker though. Regardless, check out the details in the eyes of Fred the Red, I mean this unlicensed red devil stamp.

stampyourballs6.jpg

stampyourballs1.jpg

The permanent ink holds up very well during play. Impact from the club, or the unintended tree will smear the stamp. If the actual stamp is not hit, it holds its color and form for 18+ holes. I went a bit stamp crazy on the ball below and you can see what it looks like after some play.

stampyourballs2.jpg

stampyourballs3.jpg

What I really like about these stamps, aside from the amazing variety, is that they are so easy to use. I have a few Tin Cup stencils that I use occasionally. These stamps are way easier to use. Quicker, cleaner, and one unit rather than a pen and a stencil.

NOTE: If you are going to say that you just make a dot with a sharpie, these are not for you anyway. Go revel in your utilitarian existence somewhere else. We are here to mark balls with style.

Final Take

stampyourballs5.jpg

I really like these little stampers. I'll use these three up and likely order more. I'm going to add wolf head and harp stamps with the red devil next time.

They work as advertised and add a nice bit of personalization to the golfball. Of the three I tried, I love the red devil and Churchill. The hammer is cool, but so far has not led to more hammered drives. For that I suppose I need Zolex. POW!

Find out more at www.stampyourballs.com

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've looked at these before and been intrigued.  What stopped me was the question of international shipping.  Did you order straight from them?  How much was shipping to the states?

Also are there any state side distributors you can order from?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

I've looked at these before and been intrigued.  What stopped me was the question of international shipping.  Did you order straight from them?  How much was shipping to the states?

Also are there any state side distributors you can order from?

Not sure about shipping cost or US distributors yet. Ask them on twitter. They will respond in a hurry @stampyourballs

Volvo Intorqueo

There must be the better players that are using them because I have not found any balls around here with any of those stamps. You would have thought I would have as many people play golf here and loose balls

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• SPY VIP

There must be the better players that are using them because I have not found any balls around here with any of those stamps. You would have thought I would have as many people play golf here and loose balls

They are a pretty new company, and based in the UK. Give it time and you'll likely find some :)

Volvo Intorqueo

That is a product I'd actually buy.   Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Dave.   Does the ink smear if you touch it too soon after stamping?

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

• SPY VIP

That is a product I'd actually buy.   Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Dave.   Does the ink smear if you touch it too soon after stamping?

I did smear a few that way, but it seems to dry quicker than sharpie ink.

Volvo Intorqueo

US distributor: http://playtherightball.com/

I'm ordering mine from the manufacturer...they have a roo stamp!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

US distributor: http://playtherightball.com/

I'm ordering mine from the manufacturer...they have a roo stamp!

Good find, but they don't have the blue lion stamp.  Let me know how your order goes if you are going right to the source in the UK.

Good find, but they don't have the blue lion stamp.  Let me know how your order goes if you are going right to the source in the UK.

Will do, I'll go to the source in the UK...the US distributor has a very limited range at the moment.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well...I just make a dot with a...oh, wait. I don't, really, and I dig a cool stamp. These look pretty cool. Thanks for pointing them out.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I'm going to have to get the skull and crossbones stamp.

I would like that one myself. Would like to get a "Family Guy" Stewie stamp if it did not do any copyright infringement.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

my name is Paul Green and I am the inventor,manufacturor and supplier of the www.stampyourballs.com golf ball stamper

delighted the review has been positive,we actually have an offer for you guys,hoping the link below comes out,if not will send link to the reviewer and he can add the colour version no doubt

Any questions anytime about the product please feel free to ask away,we are bringing out some new designs and this will take us to 100

My email address is [email protected]

Have a great Christmas and hoping you get one of these in your stocking

1622713_1023868687640187_593905668936136

Hiya,we do have a blue lion,and a red one....Paul

Thanks Paul, awesome to have you on the forums.  i was referring to that specific US distributor, they only had the red one listed.

Don't worry though, I already told my wife which ones I'm hoping to find in my stocking this year :)

I was told to hang off buying mine...I believe my wife is getting me the blue roo for chrissie.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I have had my eye on these. Glad to hear they hold up well. Might have to drop a hint to the Mrs. I need that red Nuke symbol!

@KW_Johnston

Driver: Callaway XR

3 Wood: Nike Vrs

Hybrid: Adams Idea Super LS

Irons: Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-GW. N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X

Wedge: 54 Callaway Forged

Wedge: 58 Bettinardi

Putter: Taylormade Ghost Black Indy

• 1 month later...

I just ordered two stamps this morning. The shipping was 2.5 pounds. Total order 14.48, So about $22 not to bad at all.

Paul, If you are still checking the forum. How long do they last (not the stamp on the ball but quantity of stamps)? Is there a way to refill them?

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Ordered one 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for it...stuff from Australia takes less time to get here.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Really? That seems like a long time from England. I emailed Paul from the address he provided in this thread and got a instant response back. He said that the order will go out today. We shall see how long it takes.

I have ordered from Bunker Mentality before from England and it took about a week and a half.

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm

Really? That seems like a long time from England. I emailed Paul from the address he provided in this thread and got a instant response back. He said that the order will go out today. We shall see how long it takes.

I have ordered from Bunker Mentality before from England and it took about a week and a half.

Mine took about 3 weeks, but it was Christmas and the package had 500 US Customs stamps on it. They show up amazingly well on the ball.

Stay tuned, I've been in contact with Paul about running a forum contest.

Yeah, I'm the guy that had to get the middle finger. LOL

image.jpg

My wife ordered mine on 12/12 and they came just a little after Christmas

I was contemplating on that one! "I am playing a Wilson Staff #1 with a middle finger stamp"

I went with the Blue Heisenberg and Red Bull (Sergio). The Liverbird (YNWA!) was a close call too, I might order more once I see how they are in person.

Ordered one 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for it...stuff from Australia takes less time to get here.

Can you believe the stamp arrived in yesterdays mail. I have to wait for my Bridgestones to come in so I can get stamping.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Yeah, I'm the guy that had to get the middle finger. LOL

With your prodigious length you can get away with it!

In the bag:

Bag: 

I just bought 3 of these. Kind of cool. I purchased a shamrock, spade, and heart. I'll keep one and give the other two as gifts.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 weeks later...

My order arrived today. I gave the stamps a try a few minutes ago. (See photo) It works good. The colors are vivid. What I'm finding is when you stamp with it you need to slightly wobble the stamp to make a full detailed impression. As noted the edges are very sharp and defined. One thing I'm going to do with mine is make an alignment mark on the case so I can tell the orientation easily. Over all I'd say they are pretty cool. I'll probably use mine for a while until it drys up or I lose it in my bag. I thought I might pass the idea along to the promotions person at the office. They might like ordering some with the company logo.

20150204_175528.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived