Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Fairways of Life-----Gone!

fozcycle

As I began my daily commute to work this morning, my XM radio came on and promptly at 7:04 I expected to hear "Welcome to the show" from Matt Adams.  Instead i got a show with the Pres of the PGA.....what happened to the Fairways of Life with matt Adams?  He is going to the Golf Channel and his Fairways of Life weekday radio show is no longer.  Not only did this show provide the best interviews with the top Pros in the game, but also kept you informed regarding the current tournament standings and when the live tour broadcasts would occur.  I went on the FOL website only to find the following bulletin:  

Golf Industry Veteran Host Matt Adams joining Golf Channel

Adams to Contribute to Golf Channel's Programs and Digital Platforms, including Golf CentralMorning Drive, GolfChannel.com and Golf Advisor

Adams to Host “Fairways of Life” on SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio from Golf Channel World Headquarters

ORLANDO, Fla. – (July 29, 2015– Golf Channel announced today that longtime golf industry voice Matt Adams has joined the network, where he will contribute to several Golf Channel on-air programs and digital platforms. Adams joins Golf Channel's roster of on-air personalities, and will continue to serve as host of the award-winning Fairways of Life satellite radio show, heard live around the world weekdays from 7-9 a.m. ET on SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio (XM ch. 93, Sirius ch. 208).

In his new role, Adams will become a contributor to several Golf Channel programs available around the world, including Golf Central and Morning Drive, and on Golf Central's â€œLive From” programming from golf's marquee events, and additionally will serve as a contributing writer for GolfChannel.com and Golf Advisor, the leading golf course review site for golfers, by golfers. Fairways of Life also will transition its show production to originate from Golf Channel's World Headquarters in Orlando, Fla. The digital studio – which is located across the hall from Studio AP, the home of Morning Drive â€“ will provide Adams with additional access to some of the biggest names in golf.

“Adding Matt Adams' experienced voice on all aspects of the golf industry, from his insight on the professional tours to the latest trends affecting local golf courses and amateurs, will strengthen Golf Channel's ability to serve golf fans with the best in high-quality news, analysis and discussion,” said Molly Solomon, executive producer of Golf Channel.

“I share a passion for all aspects of the game with Golf Channel's commentators and production team, and look forward to adding my perspective to the conversation on their marquee news shows, as well as contribute to Golf Channel Digital outlets like GolfChannel.com and Golf Advisor,” said Matt Adams.

The multi-talented Adams, a best-selling author, journalist, speaker, historian and broadcaster, has worked in and followed the golf industry for more than 25 years, and has been heralded by legends of the game as one of the best interviewers in golf. He has co-authored multiple books in the Chicken Soup for the Soulseries, but considers golf his primary profession and passion. An expert in golf equipment technology, Adams has built and designed clubs for major manufacturers, including Nicklaus, MacGregor, Ram and Wilson, and previously worked as a golf course operator.

I must say that I am extremely dissappointed.  I looked forward to the broadcast every day.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived