Random Thread

ole gray

Why is twelve o'clock at night referred to as "midnight?"

Most people retire around then, right?  How can it be midnight?

Right now, it's not even 5 AM and I'm up because I can't sleep.

This, very clearly, is "midnight."

Also, I'm hungry so I'm eating some leftover meatloaf.

I like gravy on meatloaf the first time, but prefer ketchup with leftovers. Why is that?

Also, I remember when some brands used to spell ketchup, C A T S U P.

I don't see that much anymore, do you?

Read this and see what happens when you get old.

Not very pretty, right?

Why is twelve o'clock at night referred to as "midnight?"

Most people retire around then, right? How can it be midnight?

Right now, it's not even 5 AM and I'm up because I can't sleep.

This, very clearly, is "midnight."

Also, I'm hungry so I'm eating some leftover meatloaf.

I like gravy on meatloaf the first time, but prefer ketchup with leftovers. Why is that?

Also, I remember when some brands used to spell ketchup, C A T S U P.

I don't see that much anymore, do you?

Read this and see what happens when you get old.

Not very pretty, right?

They stopped using Cats to make it, so they had to change the spelling.

And, Meatloaf and mashed potatoes and gravy does sound pretty good. I think we can do that for dinner. Ima put my request in now. Good thinking Nifty.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Found out today my son is leaving Tuesday for basic training at Fort Benning, Ga. He's 27 years old and starting a career in the military. I hope he can make it through the rigorous training that he is about to face. It's a huge wake up when you step off the bus and that drill sergeant becomes your shadow. Life is about to change in a big way and in many ways I think it will be good for him. The next couple of months will be interesting to say the least.

Big step!! But if he is anything like his OG he will kick some behind!

A few of my good buddies joined later in their 20's, I was 23.

Wish him the best OG!!

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

Big step!! But if he is anything like his OG he will kick some behind!

A few of my good buddies joined later in their 20's, I was 23.

Wish him the best OG!!

Thanks buddy. He's still single so it's not like he has a wife and kids to think about. This could be a really positive move for him.  I've been saying prayers for him everyday for a good career opportunity.  He's been assistant manager at Zaxby's. Kind of in a dead end job so this will be a chance to move into a totally different direction. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Found out today my son is leaving Tuesday for basic training at Fort Benning, Ga. He's 27 years old and starting a career in the military. I hope he can make it through the rigorous training that he is about to face. It's a huge wake up when you step off the bus and that drill sergeant becomes your shadow. Life is about to change in a big way and in many ways I think it will be good for him. The next couple of months will be interesting to say the least.

That's great! I hope everything works out for him. As we know basic can be a bit rough at times but I'm sure if he like his old man he'll do fine

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's great! I hope everything works out for him. As we know basic can be a bit rough at times but I'm sure if he like his old man he'll do fine

His new life will definitely be an eye opener for him.  Ft Benning is an infantry training post and their basic training is 10 weeks and then off to AIT for advanced training.  He signed up for three years so we shall see.  

Cleveland

His new life will definitely be an eye opener for him. Ft Benning is an infantry training post and their basic training is 10 weeks and then off to AIT for advanced training. He signed up for three years so we shall see.

Yup, we know about infantry, made me grow up ...a lot. He'll be OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

His new life will definitely be an eye opener for him. Ft Benning is an infantry training post and their basic training is 10 weeks and then off to AIT for advanced training. He signed up for three years so we shall see.

My brother in law did the same, he just re-upped for 6. Once you get over the 3-4 year mark it gets to be second nature.

Wouldn't trade this job for anything... 8.5 more years.

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

Where's his AIT, Benning?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yup, we know about infantry, made me grow up ...a lot. He'll be OK.

My brother in law did the same, he just re-upped for 6. Once you get over the 3-4 year mark it gets to be second nature.

Wouldn't trade this job for anything... 8.5 more years.

Thanks guys I needed to hear this.  

Cleveland

Where's his AIT, Benning?

Don't know yet however that is my bet he will go right from basic to AIT in the same place. 

Cleveland

OG it's great that he chose to go in this direction. My experience in the Navy was the best thing that hoped to me. I went from a know it all kid to someone that embraced discipline and focus. Even though my kids turned out great I wish they spent a few years in the military. Best of luck to him but at the same time I hope he never gets in harms way.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

OG it's great that he chose to go in this direction. My experience in the Navy was the best thing that hoped to me. I went from a know it all kid to someone that embraced discipline and focus. Even though my kids turned out great I wish they spent a few years in the military. Best of luck to him but at the same time I hope he never gets in harms way.

Thanks Tony. He definitely needs the discipline that comes with being in the military.  It could be just the thing he needs to move ahead with his life in a positive way.   

Cleveland

Big props and thanks to your son for deciding to serve our country.

I'm sure you're very proud.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Best of luck to your son OG.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Found out today my son is leaving Tuesday for basic training at Fort Benning, Ga.  He's 27 years old and starting a career in the military.  I hope he can make it through the rigorous training that he is about to face.  It's a huge wake up when you step off the bus and that drill sergeant becomes your shadow.   Life is about to change in a big way and in many ways I think it will be good for him.  The next couple of months will be interesting to say the least. 

thanks to you and your son for your service....it's an honor and a blessing to have you protecting our shores, both now and then.

I have loads of confidence in your son and am excited to hear how it goes.  it can be difficult in the beginning but getting to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life is something that is indispensable!  

Congrats to you and your family OG!

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Fantasy Football is ramping up this weekend with drafts all over the country. Mine starts today with a Scramble, followed by drinking, followed by a Scramble on Saturday morning, then the draft and more drinking. I have been part of the Fantasy Freaks for a dozen years. We have a ton of fun with a live draft. Several players come from out of town so we golf, drink, Golf, drink, draft.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

thanks to you and your son for your service....it's an honor and a blessing to have you protecting our shores, both now and then.

I have loads of confidence in your son and am excited to hear how it goes.  it can be difficult in the beginning but getting to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life is something that is indispensable!  

Congrats to you and your family OG!

I appreciate your kind words and wisdom Stroker!   I really do. 

Cleveland

Fantasy Football is ramping up this weekend with drafts all over the country. Mine starts today with a Scramble, followed by drinking, followed by a Scramble on Saturday morning, then the draft and more drinking. I have been part of the Fantasy Freaks for a dozen years. We have a ton of fun with a live draft. Several players come from out of town so we golf, drink, Golf, drink, draft.

One of my favorite times of the year!

I have my in person draft next Friday and can't wait...  

Have fun and good luck in the draft!!

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Found out today my son is leaving Tuesday for basic training at Fort Benning, Ga.  He's 27 years old and starting a career in the military.  I hope he can make it through the rigorous training that he is about to face.  It's a huge wake up when you step off the bus and that drill sergeant becomes your shadow.   Life is about to change in a big way and in many ways I think it will be good for him.  The next couple of months will be interesting to say the least. 

At 27, he's pushing it a bit, but I bet he'll do just fine...if he's anything like his old man! I served with a fella who also joined at that age and made it. Been trying to get back in touch with him, but no luck so far.

Anyhow, big cheers for him and huge thank-you to him for serving our country. I wish him and your family all the best OG!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

At 27, he's pushing it a bit, but I bet he'll do just fine...if he's anything like his old man! I served with a fella who also joined at that age and made it. Been trying to get back in touch with him, but no luck so far.

Anyhow, big cheers for him and huge thank-you to him for serving our country. I wish him and your family all the best OG!

Yea I wish he had made the decision to join about five years ago however he wasn't ready then.  Heck he might be as old as some of the drill sergeants.  :blink: If he can get through the physical training and he should be fine as he's in good physical shape, he might make a career of it and retire in 20 years.  That put's him at 47 and still lot's of time for a 2nd career. 

Cleveland

Yea I wish he had made the decision to join about five years ago however he wasn't ready then.  Heck he might be as old as some of the drill sergeants.  :blink: If he can get through the physical training and he should be fine as he's in good physical shape, he might make a career of it and retire in 20 years.  That put's him at 47 and still lot's of time for a 2nd career. 

Spot on Sir! Fingers crossed here and I'm super happy for him and yourself. Indeed keep us updated on the progress!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

My wife and I went down to Macon, Ga. tonight to see my son. He'll be a soldier the next time we see him. Tonight we had a great dinner in his honor and some awesome conversation. I gave him all my tips on what to do and not to do around the drill sergeants. He'll think me for my wisdom later. :D He looked strong, stood tall, and was a handsome young man tonight as he gets ready to serve our country. I'm very proud of him!

OG

He'll do you proud

He'll look great in BDU's.

Rick

Left Hand, 

OG

He'll do you proud

He'll look great in BDU's.

Been there, Buddy, back in the 1990s.

My boy didn't feel ready for college immediately after high school and enlisted.

His mother and I were furious at the time.

He was going to break a longstanding family tradition of being drafted anyway,

mainly because there was no draft anymore,

but we didn't expect him to break it that way!

Anyway, my wife and I went to Fort Benning, Georgia to have Thanksgiving dinner with him off metal trays.

He did look awfully handsome in that uniform, just like his paternal and maternal grandfathers did.

Not me.  In every picture, I looked as though I'd rather be somewhere else!

Seriously, best of wishes to your son.

Been there, Buddy, back in the 1990s.

My boy didn't feel ready for college immediately after high school and enlisted.

His mother and I were furious at the time.

He was going to break a longstanding family tradition of being drafted anyway,

mainly because there was no draft anymore,

but we didn't expect him to break it that way!

Anyway, my wife and I went to Fort Benning, Georgia to have Thanksgiving dinner with him off metal trays.

He did look awfully handsome in that uniform, just like his paternal and maternal grandfathers did.

Not me. In every picture, I looked as though I'd rather be somewhere else!

Seriously, best of wishes to your son.

Thanks Nift!

A pic of us last evening before heading to dinner.

IMG_2671.JPG

Cleveland

Thanks Nift!

A pic of us last evening before heading to dinner.

attachicon.gif IMG_2671.JPG

Looking forward to the pic 10 weeks from now after basic graduation and ready for AIT.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Looking forward to the pic 10 weeks from now after basic graduation and ready for AIT.

Yes sir me too!  That's why we took the before basic and when we go to his graduation, we will be taking an after pic.     

Cleveland

My wife and I went down to Macon, Ga. tonight to see my son. He'll be a soldier the next time we see him. Tonight we had a great dinner in his honor and some awesome conversation. I gave him all my tips on what to do and not to do around the drill sergeants. He'll think me for my wisdom later.  :D  He looked strong, stood tall, and was a handsome young man tonight as he gets ready to  serve our country.  I'm very proud of him! 

Our Dean of Men at my High School (Mr. Bennett) gave me the best advice before I headed to San Diego...He said: "Never volunteer for anything! Unless it is to go to a school".

How true! I know this "tidbit was part of your conversations. I saw many a recruit go down in flames after volunteering to be a scribe, of some such BS detail.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers