Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Suggest me a new phone. Yep, I'm that lazy.

Undershooter

How do you like the G5? My carrier just informed me that it would cost me next to nothing.

I have a Moto G4 am very happy with.

Switched from iPhone 4 - the apps were no longer updated so they no longer worked with their service providers....

Anyway, the only thing missing is not being able to text over WiFi - ie. iMessage - while traveling. But you can always get any number of messaging apps for that.

Otherwise the phone seems durable and reliable, the OS can be updated and the apps are frequently updated. The current Android is a HUGE improvement over the first few versions.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I've been an iPhone user since the first iteration. But I have heard some really good things about the pixel. Worth a look, anyway

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I used the first 2 iPhones, then switched to Android to never look back. The same way people like to tinker with their clubs, I like to tinker with my phone and gadgets.

I had bad a experience with 2 Nexus 4 but would have recommended the Pixel as well.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've been a pretty heavy cell phone user for years. Have had basically every iPhone since the 4, and 4 or so Android devices in there as well. Both ecosystems are familiar to me and I know what it takes/is like to switch platforms.

Honestly if this conversation were happening a few years ago, it would be iOS all day long without a second thought.

Now, however, it's a much tighter race and one where I think Android has a clear edge. Specifically with the Pixel. I own a Pixel XL that I'm typing this on and it's every bit as fluid as my iPhone 6s plus was. Has a better battery, screen, camera, quicker OS, better integration with home services (I have google home/Chromecast. Apple doesn't have a full fledged solution for this yet. Only apple TV.) Google cast is more widely available than apple airplay is, so you can share and display your media on more devices.

At the end of the day there is a significant advantage with going with the Pixel over iOS if you're already in the Google platform. It's straight Android so updates come straight to your device.

Oh, and you mentioned carrier availability? Check the Google store. These devices are unlocked and usable on ANY network. You can choose to pay full price through Google (as you would your carrier) OR they will provide 0% financing for you the same way as your carrier would. You also can get device protection straight from them.

Honestly the Pixel is fantastic. I've left apple and went to Android a number of times, but with the next iPhone I've always went back, it was just better. With the Pixel until apple changes something significant I'm with Google's platform for the long haul.

Hope that helps!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I've had my Google Pixel XL for a month and a half now and I couldn't be happier. The camera is my favorite part. Pictures are stellar. I hear there's a pixel 2 on the way soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm kinda late to the conversation here but I also recommend any unlocked or carrier free Android device. Pixel, G4, even the Motorola Pure Edition is also a great options. While they are a little more out of pocket up front they are for sure worth it in the end! The Galaxy devices are great choices they just come loaded down with so much extra bloatware (2words?) that it prevents me from getting one.

I work for all the carriers doing business to business sales so I've sold everything. There's not much out now that you can go wrong with. At the moment I use a LG V20 and love it. But I'll be getting the new Pixel, Nexus, or which ever unlocked phone had the best camera when it releases this year!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The Galaxy devices are great choices they just come loaded down with so much extra bloatware (2words?) that it prevents me from getting one.

That's the beauty of Android. Custom ROM with bloatware removed and you are set! Some ROM's even include packages where you can choose which goodies from Samsung you want to keep.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

So far the S7 seems to be the favorite of the Android phones. Better to go regular S7 or get the edge?

The google pixel does interest me as well.

For those that have iphones. Why should I be swayed? I'm very comfortable with the android platform. I don't think I would have an issue switching as I have messed with many an apple product and use an Ipad at work on occasion. What are the real benefits if I do switch?

I like the iPhone because it's easier to use, but if you are used to android you probably won't like it. If you are using your phone for more than just internet search or Facebook, or MGS, then I would stick with android, but if you don't use it for all the extras, iPhone is much easier to use. I could never figure out how to use all the extras with android so I started right out with iPhone and have never had an issue.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I ended up going with an LG G5. Partially because I got it for next to nothing.

I liked the iphone 7 but it just didn't feel like home to me. That, paired with the fact that I would've payed so much more for it didn't really make it worth it to me. 

So far I like the G5 and it seems to be a solid phone. I have until 3/17 to decide if I like it or if I want to go with another phone. 

I am sad to say that I ask my carrier and they said that they would likely never get the Pixel so I would have to buy it directly from google. (Of course they left out that last part lol)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Congrats on the new phone!

Man I was all excited to pop in here and share this... Lol

http://m.androidcentral.com/camera-comparison-lg-g6-vs-pixel-xl

Thanks!

I bet that is why I got the G5 so cheap. I really wanted to wait on the new gen phones to come out, but then again didn't want to be phone-less for for a while. 

I even tried to get C Spire to set up my old Galaxy S3 so I could wait on one of the new designs but they couldn't get it to call or text out. Only the data worked for some reason. So I just sucked it up and got the G5. It's been good so far. Nice camera too, although obviously not as good as the iphone/pixel/G6. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up going with an LG G5. Partially because I got it for next to nothing.

I liked the iphone 7 but it just didn't feel like home to me. That, paired with the fact that I would've payed so much more for it didn't really make it worth it to me.

So far I like the G5 and it seems to be a solid phone. I have until 3/17 to decide if I like it or if I want to go with another phone.

I am sad to say that I ask my carrier and they said that they would likely never get the Pixel so I would have to buy it directly from google. (Of course they left out that last part lol)

You guys are the best! My G4 bit the dust Thursday. After reading through this thread, talking to some friends and recognizing that I loved my IPad my work agreed to pay the up charge and I went IPhone 7 plus. I just installed our mobile app.

Enjoy your new phone undershooter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've been using a cell phone almost since they first became a thing for the general public. Back then and initially all you could do with a cell phone was make and receive a call. Later on as time and technology progressed they included a camera and crude text messaging. And time & technology marches on...

Nowadays cell phones are basically full fledged pocket computers. Quite amazing really. So the gist of this thread is what to use? Android or iPhone. Which is best? What should I get or upgrade to or even switch to? Being the non-expert on cell phones that I am here's my take.

I've been an Android user for the past few years. I was initially an iPhone user starting when they first came out. I owned several of them and they worked just fine. These days the makers of cell phones have caught up and perhaps passed the iPhone. Certainly not behind in any measureable way. Basically all cell phones can do the same thing. The two differences I see are how the phones are presented to you. With Apple you use your phone like Apples allows you to. With Android you use your phone how you like to use it. Android is fully customizable. I decide how I want my phone to look, feel and operate. With Apple.... Apple decides. (No... I'm not a so called Fan Boy of any type of phone.) All phones can do the same things.... make and receive a call, text, camera, games, video, internet, apps, email, and on and on and on. Since I switched to Android I started saying that Apple is Smart Phone for Apple and Android is a Smart Phone for everyone else. In other words... Apple is a Smart Phone for dummies. Do as Apple says and all is good. I believe that. Mooooo Moooo

Please don't send me any Hate replies. But if you want too go ahead. LOL Honestly I really don't give a flip what phone I use or you use or which is the best. I may one day switch back to iPhone if I want to. In the end and for me... I could get by just fine with a simple basic el cheapo flip-phone or something. About all I do anyway is talk, text, and use the camera. Hmmm? Maybe I will get a new $39 phone after all.   :D

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived