Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dave's Take: Mantello Catador Torch Lighter

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Mantello Lighter - 4.jpg

Hot Torch at a Hot Price

I was actually checking out the Alaska Bear Cutter on Amazon when I stumbled across this little torch.  I think that lighting the cigar may actually be my favorite part of the smoking experience. Pure primal satisfaction when I get to once again demonstrate mans' command over fire. That, or I'm just channeling my inner Beavis. 

beavisfire.jpg

Regardless of reason, I love lighters. I have a couple of prized Zippos, a few budget torches, and a great torch shaped like a Guinness tall can. There are a couple of fancy lighters out there that I'd love to own, looking at you Xikar, but for now, I flame economically.

Mantello Lighter - 1.jpg

That's what led me to take a shot with the Mantello Catador torch. This sweet little torch was only $14.99. My prior torches are all single jets, so I was curious to check out the burn provided by the triple jet.

Burn Baby Burn

Mantello Lighter - 3.jpg

Three jets, no waiting. Damn this thing spits flame. Got a touch of char when I hit the first stick with this thing. Little different than the single jet. The lighter did arrive empty, but it was easy to fill with butane and it fired up right away.

On the course, I actually had to turn down the flame a little, and yet it still held it's heat in the wind with no issue. Really happy with this lighter so far. Satisfying click and flaming woosh when you hit the button. Weight in the hand feels comfortable as well. Solid torch.

Mantello Lighter - 2.jpg

The torch also comes with a retractable punch in case you don't have a cutter with you. It locks into the open position, then retracts when not in use, ejecting the disk of wrapper in the process. You'll never need to jab a tee in there again!

Here is the LINK to Amazon. Flame on!

From the Amazon page:

The Mantello Catador Premium Triple Jet Flame Torch Lighter

This premium lighter features a ergonomic grip design for easy one handed use a cigar  punch attachment for your favorite cigar, and a powerful, triple jet flame torch.

**NOTE: Your Mantello Torch will be shipped WITHOUT butane to comply with DOT and USPS regulations**

​Mantello Cigars is your proud and distinguished manufacturer of reliable, high-quality cigar products for the demanding modern world. Mantello Lighters feature robust internal and external design to ensure long-lasting use. Back that up with piezo ignition and an ergonomic grip design. Whether you are kicking back at home with a cigar or simply want a sleek on-the-go lighter, This lighter will be your way to go. This refillable butane lighter features easy-to-use ignition and convenient adjustability: 1) Set butane pressure to the lowest setting: Turn butane pressure dial, located on the bottom side, counter-clockwise towards the (-) until it stops. 2) After filling lighter with butane fuel as outlined by the included instructions manual, turn dial clockwise towards the (+) AT LEAST 1/4 of the way. 3) Push ignition button.If it does not ignite,dial may have not been turned far enough. Turn dial more and press ignition button again. Use dial to adjust flame size as desired. **Please note: Lighter will not ignite at the lowest setting as there is no butane pressure at that setting. Disclaimer: Mantello Cigars and its subsidiaries will not be responsible for any and all liability related to improper or unintended use or modification of the Mantello Cigars Lighter. Keep out of reach of children.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived