Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf balls

deykers

I'm searching for a new ball as I slowly run out of Nike RZN Blacks. I know I can buy more, but eventually the well is going to dry up. Anyone else like these previously? What do you game now? I'm considering trying the Bridgestone B330-S when I get low on my current stock and that buy 2 get 1 free promo is running.

I tried a sleeve of Vice Pro and they were really nice on/around the green, but as someone else described another ball, felt like a marshmallow otherwise.

Gotta try them all as everyone will give varying opinions. In general, work from the green back. If your game is more of a hop and stop, urethane covered balls will be your best bet. If your a more bump and run guy, then the cover may not matter as much so you can get away with some cheaper balls.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I was talking with my pro about this and hes a said something similar. They are all so close in technology us hacks won't notice too much a difference. The firmer balls (B330) go slightly further, the softer balls (ProV, Callaway) are slightly better around the green. There is always preference though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... Higher swing speeds 105+ usually find more distance with firmer balls like B330. But moderate swing speeds (90-100) do better with mid compression balls like B330S and Z Star. I lose a few yards with the very soft balls. I do find the TP5x the only firmer ball I hit a few yards farther with my 100mph swing speed. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I play the titles dttrusoft. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

... Higher swing speeds 105+ usually find more distance with firmer balls like B330. But moderate swing speeds (90-100) do better with mid compression balls like B330S and Z Star. I lose a few yards with the very soft balls. I do find the TP5x the only firmer ball I hit a few yards farther with my 100mph swing speed.

I agree those very soft ones- Callaway as an example just don't go for me either. My swing is around 107 so similar boat. I play ProVs because i need the extra softness for the hard summer greens in NE Ohio. I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting once and they suggested I switch to the B330, little firmer, less spin. Maybe I should do that finally...

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I agree those very soft ones- Callaway as an example just don't go for me either. My swing is around 107 so similar boat. I play ProVs because i need the extra softness for the hard summer greens in NE Ohio. I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting once and they suggested I switch to the B330, little firmer, less spin. Maybe I should do that finally...

... You could also try the Taylor Made 2016 TPx as many on tour with higher swing speeds just love that ball and they are pretty cheap now at Rock Bottom and Budget Golf. If you have not tried the Srixon Z Star XV, that is another firmer ball that many on tour really love. My son carries his driver 280+ and the XV is perfect for him but he has fallen in love with $15 Kirkland Signatures and bought my entire  5 dozen supply LOL. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I play the Pro V1X, seems to give me the most consistent distance/trajectory off the tee. I also find the Pro V1X to spin a bit less on 70-90 yrd shots than the 2016 B330 or TPX. As far as control green side, the Pro V1X feels and performs as needed. I am planning on getting a sleeve of the 2017 B330 and a sleeve of the TP5 and 5X to try out. The chrome soft did not perform as well off the tee, a bit less distance and a bit less accurate. Seemed to perform with a bit more spin on wedges and the same around the greens as the Pro V1X. With that said, I did try a sleeve of the 1st run of the Kirklands, (neighbor gave me sleeve to try from his stash) longer off the tee than the Pro V1X, same on wedge and green side shots as the Pro V1X. This would be my gamer of choice if Costco could just keep them in stock and I could be confident that future runs of this ball would be the same ball as the 1st run they made. A point of reference, normal driver swing speed is around 102.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

... You could also try the Taylor Made 2016 TPx as many on tour with higher swing speeds just love that ball and they are pretty cheap now at Rock Bottom and Budget Golf. If you have not tried the Srixon Z Star XV, that is another firmer ball that many on tour really love. My son carries his driver 280+ and the XV is perfect for him but he has fallen in love with $15 Kirkland Signatures and bought my entire 5 dozen supply LOL.

Thanks, I'll look for those. I actually found a tpx today, so I'll give it a go.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Archived