Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Odyssey O-works 2-Ball Putter

C0r73x

I had an Odyssey works versa 2-ball fang, and absolutely loved the putter. Then one day while lining up a putt I noticed a slight edge of the insert. Looking closer at it I noticed the insert was in fact coming out, and after trying to get it back in place I had actually made it worse. I called Odyssey expecting to be without a putter for a few weeks while I they were fixing mine. To my surprise they told me that this was a known problem with that model, and said they would replace it with a putter of my choice out of their o-works line. So I chose the new version of what I was already playing the O-works 2-ball. First off I would like to thank Odyssey for wonderful customer service and being a company that stands behind their product.

Looks:

At first I wasn't thrilled with the new look of the 2-ball, I had grown a liking to the look of the fang, although after a round or 2 looking down at it the lines are clean, and smooth. Although not as large I still had a great deal of confidence behind the ball at address. The all black finish is refreshing and contrast the two balls on top nicely. The bottom,although not looked at often is again clean looking and not as edgy as the fang. Overall it is a great looking putter.

Feel:

First thing that I had noticed with the new 2-ball is the weight of the head. Although it is only 10grams lighter than my fang I had it was instantly felt when use holding it as if I was getting ready to putt. This difference in weight I thought I would not like but turns out I feel as if I actually have a lttle more control because of it. I think this lesser head weight actually balances the club out a little better. The new micro-hinge face insert is actually softer feeling at impact as odyssey claims, especially compared the versa works insert.

Performance:

Continuing from the feel of the micro-hinge face gives an even better performance attribute than the 2-ball fang. The softness not only dampens the impact but In my opinion gives you much better control over distance of your long putts. As well as such a smooth roll overall which helps with control. The less weight on the O-works compared to the 2-ball fang at first caused me to leave putts short, but after a few rounds of getting a feel for the weight and soft feel of the face I have been overall putting better. Where this putter excels compared the the fangs is on long putts from about 10 feet out, where I would frequently go past the hole with the fang the O-works I can get them close for an easy two putt or in at times. I attribute this to the new face and the control and feel it gives you. The 2-ball alignment aid is as usual great and easy to use. Since using a 2-ball I have been able to hit my desired lines on the green far more often then before. I was going to try a heavier weight in the sole as it has a removable weight, but from what I have read they are not offered for it so I guess I'm stuck with the one that's in it. That not much of a con though because the weight and balance that it comes at is actually very well done now that I have gotten used to the difference from the 2-ball fang.

Grips:

My 2-ball has the 2.0 super stroke grip on it and can take a weight in the end for counter balancing. I had a 25gram weight laying around from a previous putter I had tried one of these on so I tried it out. For some of you who may feel the head is too heavy if your coming from a blade or just a lighter putter you made consider doing this. The added weight made the head feel even lighter than what I already thought it was and could never really get the feel for it so Iremoved it. Overall it is a great option to have stock though as it gives extra adjustment for fine tuning your stroke.

Conclusion:

Amazing putter and feel with its new micro-hinge face, and would recommend it for anyone looking for a new putter. Especially anyone with a straight back and forth stroke. Odyssey did a wonderful job with this one!!

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Ping G LsTec 9º (trying out a 2017 m1 440)

Ping G30 3 and 4 hybrids

5-PW Callaway XR irons

48, 52, 56, 60 Vokey spin milled

Odyssey O-works 2-ball

RH, SS 100-105, 15 hcp

Archived