Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

So I had a goal of keeping my weight the same from the Thanksgiving Day until Christmas Eve. I’m calling it today (we decided to try the gift exchange feast part of Christmas this afternoon because of mine and my sons’ work schedules).

I have to weigh myself daily in my program. It is what it is, a pain but it works. I weighed 164.9 on Thanksgiving morning - 168.1 the next morning - I was back down to 165 by the Monday after.

164.0 this morning! Even though I will weigh in the next two days I’m not going to worry about it. I will want to be back down under 165 by the end of the week before heading to the Timeshare on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 10/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, revkev said:

I’m staying under 168 very comfortably.

That's excellent, Rev. Stay under that  WBA / WBC /IBF / WBO  super middleweight limit!

For me, though, once I quit boxing as a kid, I somehow began regarded dieting and working out as self-abuse.

Since i'm being cremated, I don't have to be concerned about the six poor bastards carrying my box.

Urns are light. My weight problem will have been defeated!

Well I did pretty good for the holiday season. Yea I gained a few lbs but I think most is just water weight from the extra carbs and stuff. 

Ready to kick off the new year. Got my goals set and everything. 

Hows everyone else doing?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Well I did pretty good for the holiday season. Yea I gained a few lbs but I think most is just water weight from the extra carbs and stuff. 
Ready to kick off the new year. Got my goals set and everything. 
Hows everyone else doing?
Good job, Theoo! I weighed myself this morning to see what kind of damage I had done. I gained 6lbs. Not what I was looking for but not unexpected with the number of times we had big meals or ate out with some family in town.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

30 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Good job, Theoo! I weighed myself this morning to see what kind of damage I had done. I gained 6lbs. Not what I was looking for but not unexpected with the number of times we had big meals or ate out with some family in town.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

As long as you get back on it this week it won’t matter in the long run. 6lbs in the short term is worth some good times with friends and family

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

57 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Joining a gym again this week since I'm in the contest with Theo about first to reach 250

I’m ready! Don’t forget the side bet to 275! Hope you like high reps 😉

Only logged an extra 4 over the holidays. Time to put the program back in action.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I gained a couple but that was to be expected.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Haven’t been a part of this thread at all but will do some catch up. 2019 goal is to be back down to 170-175lbs. Currently around 198-200.

A few years back I was around 225, then a lot of my friends moved away for various reason so I submerged myself into fitness and dieting. After some months I was down to 167 at my lowest while dieting and working out 6 days a week.

Fast forward a few years and I was back up to 217. Last year my buddy and I tried out the Keto diet and I went down to 187 while being miserable and always feeling hungry. A year later I sit at around 198.

2019 I am moving into an apartment with a great gym setup. Cardio, actual squat/ bench racks, nice machines, good set of dumbbells which it make it much easier. The gym is hard for me now because anytime between 4pm and close to 9:30pm it is packed at all the gyms. Ive tried the morning thing which I enjoy but having to drive to the gym, workout, and drive home before getting ready for work is rough. Motivation is high going into it so I’m excited.

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Here’s to everyone giving it a goal in 2019. I do well up until this week. Slid up a few pounds. Will begin the trek back down starting Weds.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Overweight and overhere😋

Planning on 1.5 Stone loss by Feb 2019

/I'll post back here in feb 😉

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Aiming for a bit of a trim before the golf season begins here. Currently weighing in at 170ish; planning to drop that to 160ish.

I've been hitting the stationary bike and my home gym. As the new year begins, I'm cutting out non-diet pop and trimming portion sizes, which should be enough to get me to my goal.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Haven’t been a part of this thread at all but will do some catch up. 2019 goal is to be back down to 170-175lbs. Currently around 198-200.

A few years back I was around 225, then a lot of my friends moved away for various reason so I submerged myself into fitness and dieting. After some months I was down to 167 at my lowest while dieting and working out 6 days a week.

Fast forward a few years and I was back up to 217. Last year my buddy and I tried out the Keto diet and I went down to 187 while being miserable and always feeling hungry. A year later I sit at around 198.

2019 I am moving into an apartment with a great gym setup. Cardio, actual squat/ bench racks, nice machines, good set of dumbbells which it make it much easier. The gym is hard for me now because anytime between 4pm and close to 9:30pm it is packed at all the gyms. Ive tried the morning thing which I enjoy but having to drive to the gym, workout, and drive home before getting ready for work is rough. Motivation is high going into it so I’m excited.

Motivation is the key and because of it you'll get to your goals. You'll also get quite a bit of encouragement here. Last year beginning in January it was pretty active with lots of members offering each other positive comments.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Apparently January the 11th is known (over here) as Quitters day! It's the day they reckon most people will have given up their new year resolution.

There's our first goal, get past Jan 11th still on target.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

It is great to see this thread still going. I’ll admit I did put some weight back on but I’m still smaller in my waist. I am excited for 2019 as I am back to full health and can workout how I want to.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Apparently January the 11th is known (over here) as Quitters day! It's the day they reckon most people will have given up their new year resolution.

Over on this side of the pond it's January the 2nd. 

Good luck guys! I'm rooting for y'all. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Most health clubs call them "resolutionists" as people make a resolution to lost weight and then last a month or so.

I haven't posted in the thread much,  but dropped about 20 lbs before putting 6 back on since Thanksgiving.....I am a sucker for sweets and with all the holiday goodies I struggled.   Getting back to work tomorrow and having all the sweets gone will help my drop those lbs.  Hoping to drop 10 in the first few months of the year.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Signed up last night on a whim and ran in a New Year's Day 5k this morning. Hadn't run for more than a mile in a few years (I hate running and get my cardio in other)

Finished in in the Top 15% with a time of 27:12.

Good work Joe. I hated running too. About 2-3 weeks into it that hate went away.

Keep it up. Where there’s one race there’s another.

Last year was a mess weight loss wise with the wife being pregnant. I'm super tall so my weight doesn't really show anyway, but I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now at around 238. My goal is to get to 200 this year and stay there. The wife wanted a Peloton bike for her birthday/Christmas so we got it together and didnt do gifts. I love the thing. My goal for now is to ride 5x a week, and only drink alcohol 2x a week, My diet is generally not horrible, so just eating out less should help and Also Thanks to Shanks I'm now doing 100 push ups a day as well. 

here's to sticking to it! 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I think red wine (plus the other cr@p I eat) contributes a lot- I think a nutritionist said it's like drinking a glass of sugar.

I have 2-3 glasses of sugar with dinner.

Now it's Bourbon and no fat coke, or Gin and low fat tonic.

coupled with upper body small weights once or twice a day I'm hoping to feel and look better soon.

A personal trainer once told me it's more about how your clothes feel and hang as opposed to your actual weight but I'm still setting a target of losing 21lbs by Feb🏌️‍♂️

5 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I think red wine (plus the other cr@p I eat) contributes a lot- I think a nutritionist said it's like drinking a glass of sugar.

coupled with upper body small weights once or twice a day I'm hoping to feel and look better soon.

A personal trainer once told me it's more about how your clothes feel and hang as opposed to your actual weight but I'm still setting a target of losing 21lbs by Feb🏌️‍♂️

Bourbon is too good to mix and it'll cut a few extra calories lol

Just now, tommc23 said:

Bourbon is too good to mix and it'll cut a few extra calories lol

I would agree, so I have a few sips before adding the coke. It's just to make it last longer.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:53 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

Well, red wine has a lot more benefits than bourbon. Both have plenty of sugar, but there are verified health benefits with red wine...in moderation. Two glasses is all you need. White wine has a higher sugar content than most red wines. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Alright back to earth today. Home from the beach - still off this weekend but I will do healthy shopping today.

I gained 1.5 lbs in the two weeks from the staff Christmas Party on the 21st up to today. Not terrible - should be gone by early next week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Has anyone ever proposed a MGS Biggest Loser type competition? With all the new years resolutions, It could be fun, even if its just a box of balls as the prize and gentlemans rules...Just a thought, I could use a little extra motivation with this type of thing but I may be the only one. 

I'd be willing to buy and ship the balls to the winner, and If I win, I save myself some money. 🙂

It's also perfectly okay to hard reject the idea, just something I thought of today...

Weight loss wise, I'm down 2.3 lbs already! 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Has anyone ever proposed a MGS Biggest Loser type competition? With all the new years resolutions, It could be fun, even if its just a box of balls as the prize and gentlemans rules...Just a thought, I could use a little extra motivation with this type of thing but I may be the only one. 
I'd be willing to buy and ship the balls to the winner, and If I win, I save myself some money.
It's also perfectly okay to hard reject the idea, just something I thought of today...
Weight loss wise, I'm down 2.3 lbs already! 

Sure now this happens - it’s like the NCAA tournament thing - I won the first and got nothing. I lost 45 lbs last year. I don’t have 45 more stored up. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches