Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I have a 3 pack of lessons with an ex Asia PGA Tour Pro 4/20-22. 60 minute lessons for 3 consecutive days. $350.

He promised/signed a document stating that if I am not breaking 90 consistently after my lessons that he will refund 100% of the price of lessons. I spoke with other people at the range and they had nothing but ranting reviews about him.

Fingers crossed it pays off!!!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

That's a heck of a guarantee! Good luck, mate!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Is he going to spend on course time to evaluate your ability to break 90?  He might be able to provide good instruction, but that doesn't always translate to on course scoring.  

It's a pretty bold guarantee; maybe that you will have the potential to consistently break 90.  I hope it all works out.  Please keep us posted, and provide details on what his approach to that guarantee is.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That is one heck of a guarantee...if you are having trouble breaking 90 I would definitely take him up on that offer. It's like gambling but no matter the outcome you win for less than a new driver.

I'm also interested if he takes you out on the course for a few holes. To get an idea on the state of you game.

Good luck and let us know how it goes please!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sounds like a no-lose proposition to me. Good luck. Let us know how the lessons are.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I've been told he's the poorest Pro on the West Coast. JK. :P

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Guess it depends on where you're coming from: 110 to breaking 90 in three lessons is different from 92 to breaking 90. Nor does one time do it. Consistency (or lack of) is the name of the game.

BTW if he drops your index 10 to 15 strokes in 3 - 60 min lessons please pass along his name I need to get ahold of him.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Lessons are great but imo are really only effective is the student puts in the time to work on what the instructor gives during the lesson

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wow! Guarantees breaking 90?! After THREE lessons? This dude must give a LOT of money back in returns!!!

Best of luck as there's nothing better than playing quality golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Thanks all!

I was definitely skeptic but upon talking to other people who have taken lessons, they all had very positive things to say.

I am looking for consistency first and foremost. A swing that I can groove into and just hammer into my muscle memory with repetitions. Being that I am 6'4", I struggle with my previous lessons due to the fact I felt like they were "generic" for all golfers.

I have lengthened clubs based off of a fitting, but now I just need to learn a swing that is right for my height. I am not foe of practice either. I love getting out and hitting buckets and playing the courses. If work allowed, I would be hitting a bucket or playing a course every single day. But that does me no good when I don't understand what parts of my game need to be fixed.

I will keep everyone posted on how they go! Thanks for the feedback too!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Thanks all!

I was definitely skeptic but upon talking to other people who have taken lessons, they all had very positive things to say.

I am looking for consistency first and foremost. A swing that I can groove into and just hammer into my muscle memory with repetitions. Being that I am 6'4", I struggle with my previous lessons due to the fact I felt like they were "generic" for all golfers.

I have lengthened clubs based off of a fitting, but now I just need to learn a swing that is right for my height. I am not foe of practice either. I love getting out and hitting buckets and playing the courses. If work allowed, I would be hitting a bucket or playing a course every single day. But that does me no good when I don't understand what parts of my game need to be fixed.

I will keep everyone posted on how they go! Thanks for the feedback too!

If you keep the ball in play, you can consistently break 90 if your lessons and practice focus on the short game; pitching, chipping and putting.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good luck with the lessons, I'm looking forward to hearing how the pro approached what you are looking to accomplish. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Wow! Yeah, sincerely good luck with that! Was also gonna ask if an on-course lesson was included, but it appears not.

Anyway - TAKE NOTES! And, of course, ask for a video review with commentary. Many instructors use Hudl or ProV1 Academy to share lesson videos. You may want to refer back to these from time to time to ensure you're practicing the "right" things, just as he showed you.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

First of three done and I am thoroughly impressed.

It took all of 10 swings for him to diagnose my issues. We went through two buckets of balls and thebtechniques taught were great but more importantly they were repeatable.

He help me craft a swing for my 6'4” frame. We have a lesson tomorrow at 10 AM and Sunday at 10 AM. Excited to let everyone know how those go! Stay tuned

First of three done and I am thoroughly impressed.

It took all of 10 swings for him to diagnose my issues. We went through two buckets of balls and thebtechniques taught were great but more importantly they were repeatable.

He help me craft a swing for my 6'4” frame. We have a lesson tomorrow at 10 AM and Sunday at 10 AM. Excited to let everyone know how those go! Stay tuned

That's fantastic. Did he video your session ?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

No, he is super old school. No video. I might set up my camera tomorrow and try to record it.

No, he is super old school. No video. I might set up my camera tomorrow and try to record it.

As a fellow 6'4" er I was curious what things he had you do and waa going to ask if you minded sharing the video.

But no worries.

As a fellow 6'4" er I was curious what things he had you do and waa going to ask if you minded sharing the video.

But no worries.

We went through short irons today, will do mid distance tomorrow and long on Sunday.

Biggest thing that helped was he had me keep my right arm tucked to my body. Essentially getting me to swing my irons like Patrick Reed. I had a lot of issues of over extending and standing up on my follow through.

I'll try and get a video tomorrow if I can.

We went through short irons today, will do mid distance tomorrow and long on Sunday.

Biggest thing that helped was he had me keep my right arm tucked to my body. Essentially getting me to swing my irons like Patrick Reed. I had a lot of issues of over extending and standing up on my follow through.

I'll try and get a video tomorrow if I can.

Early extension (standing up in the down swing) is something I've fought for 40 years of playing golf.

Dont let any video get in the way of your lesson. Sounds like you've found a good instructor who is able to communicate well to you. Thats a huge thing.

Day 2 in the books. Unfortunately unable to get video.

Today we retouched on the short irons, about 5 mins to make sure everything was still working. Then progressed to long irons, hybrid and 3W.

I have a lot of work to control my body. I tend to lean on my follow through. Also working on pinching the ball and focusing on hitting behind it. Being y'all, once my back gets tired I stand up and top the heck out of it.

By the end of the session I was making solid contact. Tomorrow we will retouch in everything we've learned this far and progress to the driver. I will be trying to play twice this week and going back next Saturday as a follow up.

Thanks for following along and more to come after tomorrow!

IMG_8849.PNG

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Final day went great! Ready to hit the course tomorrow and see how it comes together.

Retouched on everything I learned in the first two days and finished with the driver.

I will be going back twice a month for free for touch ups and to keep him updated on how I'm playing. This was hands down the best set of lessons I've ever taken. Completely changed the way I had been swinging previously. I am also aware of what I did wrong when I hit a bad shot so I can address and fix it.

Getting out three times this week so we will see how it goes!

That's fantastic!  Great to hear how much the pro believes in himself and in you to reach this goal.  Keep us posted on your rounds this week, hope you have nice weather for all 3.  Best of luck.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

His course only has 12 holes...so yea...a lot of people will break 90! This man is gonna be rich! 

I kid...sort of. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Archived